Massdrop x Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid Amp (CTH) - Dropping Monday
Jan 25, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #331 of 1,441
Actually... CT from Massdrop brought one to the SF meet a few months ago. He dropped it (no pun intended) at ZMF table for people to try it.
I cannot speak of matching / pairing with Elear, but I can say that it matches beautifully with ZMF Atticus and Eikon.
I sure hope so! I’m having to resist my urge to buy a La Figaro 339 for the Atticus. One more month...

Jan 26, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #332 of 1,441
I sure hope so! I’m having to resist my urge to buy a La Figaro 339 for the Atticus. One more month...

I totally agree with Zachik, I listened to the Eikon for awhile on the CTH at the meetup and it sounded very good.

It sounded so good that I stayed in the CTH drop instead of switching to the Liquid Carbon drop.

I am still kicking myself for not spending time comparing the Atticus with the Eikon. The Eikon was hooked up and it sounded so good I just listened to it. Not sure if I will ever splurge on a headphone in their range, but after listening at the meetup I was sorely tempted. My listening experience is unfortunately limited, so comparing these two headphones would have given me a good baseline for the type I like.

I think you will be pleased with the CTH.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #333 of 1,441
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww yissssssssssssssssssssss

upload_2018-2-20_22-38-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-20_22-37-11.png
    upload_2018-2-20_22-37-11.png
    286.6 KB · Views: 0
Feb 21, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #334 of 1,441
Just got the email. Mine has been shipped! It'll take a few days to get to Singapore though. Can't wait to get my Carbon either. Exciting times!!

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #335 of 1,441
Just got the email. Mine has been shipped! It'll take a few days to get to Singapore though. Can't wait to get my Carbon either. Exciting times!!

Lucky you. Still waiting for our email

Feb 21, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #336 of 1,441

I'm jealous, I would've loved to get both. This will be my first tube amp (I know, I'm not expecting it to be super tubey) and it'd be really cool to A/B it with a Carbon.

Feb 21, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #337 of 1,441

Same here. This is my first big-ticket purchase from Massdrop and I am looking forward to receiving it. I’m waiting for FedEx to generate an arrival for my CTH + SDAC.

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #338 of 1,441
Same here. This is my first big-ticket purchase from Massdrop and I am looking forward to receiving it. I’m waiting for FedEx to generate an arrival for my CTH + SDAC.

Me too, no tracking info generated yet. This is my 2nd Massdrop purchase, the first being my HD 6XX. For that, it took 4 days from my shipping notification (which I got late in the evening) till delivery, so that would slot me in for expecting it on Saturday. Either way, they're beating their expected shipping data by a few days, so little room for complaint there.

Feb 21, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #339 of 1,441
Haven’t got my shipping email yet. Just a little more waiting...

Feb 21, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #340 of 1,441
Me too, no tracking info generated yet. This is my 2nd Massdrop purchase, the first being my HD 6XX. For that, it took 4 days from my shipping notification (which I got late in the evening) till delivery, so that would slot me in for expecting it on Saturday. Either way, they're beating their expected shipping data by a few days, so little room for complaint there.

I'd be quite pleased to get my CTH on Saturday, That would give me a few days to try it out before I head back to work. Should be a lot of fun as this is the first higher-qualityl amp and DAC that I've purchased. I've been playing music off of a laptop or iPhone for the most part with my headphones.

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #342 of 1,441
I'd be quite pleased to get my CTH on Saturday, That would give me a few days to try it out before I head back to work. Should be a lot of fun as this is the first higher-qualityl amp and DAC that I've purchased. I've been playing music off of a laptop or iPhone for the most part with my headphones.

Argh, tracking is in and it's for Monday. Boo.

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #343 of 1,441
Still waiting for the shipping email

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #344 of 1,441
Argh, tracking is in and it's for Monday. Boo.

I guess I'm fortunate in this instance. FedEx is saying "by end of day" on Saturday.

I'm in the Midwest, so that probably helps given that the shipment originated in New Jersey, according to the FedEx website.

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #345 of 1,441
Not shipped yet for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back