New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #61 of 1,045
I see....

Theme preferences are not localized anymore, they're universal. If you switch to mobile site on a mobile device, it will switch to mobile even on your desktop if you're logged in. Vice versa if you're on a desktop and switch to desktop mode, it will switch to desktop on the mobile device.

Interesting. I have my phone showing the mobile view and both of my desktops displaying the desktop view. I'm going to play around to see if I can recreate your issue.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #62 of 1,045
Interesting. I have my phone showing the mobile view and both of my desktops displaying the desktop view. I'm going to play around to see if I can recreate your issue.
Oh. Head-Fi tends to log me out after a period of inactivity, that's why. The default theme is the desktop theme, so that's what I was seeing on my phone.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #64 of 1,045
Ah, nice, the e-mails seem to be back.

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #65 of 1,045
Multiple log in attempts required. The new Captcha widget used in the new site design is broken - does not work at least 9 times out of 10 - on both my work and home PCs. is there a fix or work around for this? Please reply via e-mail if possible, since I most likely won't be able to log in until this is fixed (it took many tries to get in this time).

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #66 of 1,045
Also fyi, it seems that some thread subscriptions, and some PM threads were not captured / carried over to the new site - probably changes made after the snapshot for the transfer to the new site...? Is it planned to restore these deltas?

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #67 of 1,045
Also fyi, it seems that some thread subscriptions, and some PM threads were not captured / carried over to the new site - probably changes made after the snapshot for the transfer to the new site...? Is it planned to restore these deltas?

Unfortunately at this time, any PMs made during the maintenance window are missing. That's why we placed the forums in read-only mode, but we couldn't do the same for the messages. We're looking to see if it's possible to get that data, but there's no ETR and no guarantee it will be accessible.

For those who had issues logging in, our system emails are now sending as designed so password resets should be available once again. We're looking into the reports of issues with the captcha widget.

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #68 of 1,045
Unfortunately at this time, any PMs made during the maintenance window are missing. That's why we placed the forums in read-only mode, but we couldn't do the same for the messages. We're looking to see if it's possible to get that data, but there's no ETR and no guarantee it will be accessible.
For those who had issues logging in, our system emails are now sending as designed so password resets should be available once again. We're looking into the reports of issues with the captcha widget.​
Thanks for the reply, and info. I'll stay logged in as long as I can, since it was a real PITA to get in, and no guarantee whether / when I'll be successful again...​

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #69 of 1,045
Mobile version is just impossible to use: no big (for fingers) buttons to go directly to "Watched threads" and "Conversations", though you have a big menu at the right-top corner, full of empty lines.

I couldn't make a post with quotations in mobile version: "Security error occured blah-bla-blah" all the time. Also on attempt to access smiles.

For unknown reason, in the mobile version, under Firefox for Android, arrow keys (yes, I have arrows on the keyboard!) don't work at all: can't move cursor, can't make a selection of the text.

I returned back home to find out that my desktop browser now uses Mobile theme as well! Do you keep this setting in user profile and not in cookies?

Do you plan to fully support Taptalk finally? I couldn't logon into it. Previously you had a fair enough mobile version, now I call for full Taptalk support! 90% of time I access the forum from an Android tablet. Most of the time I only need to read new posts in subscribed threads and read/answer PMs. Now I just can't do it.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #71 of 1,045
Perhaps I'm a bit slow (no question about it, actually), but I can't find a way to begin a new entry in the Head Gear section. I have a review all set to go but can't figure out how to post it.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but many of my reviews are missing. I show 60 "items" in the "showcase" (whatever that means) but I know for a fact I was on review number 99, as this next one was going to be the big 100. I haven't yet had time to figure out which ones are missing or if there is a pattern to the lost reviews - age perhaps?

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #72 of 1,045
The number showing for the showcase is the number of entries you'd added to the Head Gear section on the former platform, not the number of reviews you've written. The reviews are still in place in the forum. We're going to be looking through the data to see if we can tie the reviews with member profiles like they were previously, but there's no ETR on that.

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #73 of 1,045
The number showing for the showcase is the number of entries you'd added to the Head Gear section on the former platform, not the number of reviews you've written. The reviews are still in place in the forum. We're going to be looking through the data to see if we can tie the reviews with member profiles like they were previously, but there's no ETR on that.

I see, that makes sense.

Now, for adding a new review - is that not yet enabled, or am I just missing it?

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #74 of 1,045
I see, that makes sense.

Now, for adding a new review - is that not yet enabled, or am I just missing it?
It looks like you hit the Create Item button on the Head Gear section
Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 15.16.41.png

Or if the item exists already, you would give the item a star rating, and then it will take you to the page to write your review.
Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 15.16.41.png Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 15.16.56.png

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #75 of 1,045
Ok well one thing that may or may not be an easy fix is the "breadcrumb" system of links as you go deeper into a sub forum.

Capture.JPG

^ What you see when you are inside an individual forum thread/topic.

Capture2.JPG

^ When you go back 2 levels (click "Misc.-Category Forums" in the 1st image). This is good behavior.

Capture3.JPG

^ What you SHOULD see when you click to go back 1 more level.... not sure "Home" is the right word to use there.

Instead, "Home" takes you all the way to the Head-Fi homepage and out of the forums completely. If you uintuitively skip over "Home" and click the list lines.....

Capture4.JPG

.... it takes you here which is ok I guess? but not as great as taking us to the main forum page seen in the 3rd image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back