Post your computer specs!~
Dec 7, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #3,001 of 3,098
Ok, but not sure why that matters when discussing CPU max speed. Also suspect it doesn't matter much to the limited audience for a top end CPU as the majority of the rigs using those CPUs will have an appropriately sized power supply and cooling.

Seems like you're turning this into an AMD/Intel debate and not a discussion of useable performance.
I'm not sure how to accuratly compared power to power. Is it frequency per power draw should be compared? But, there's probably more to it then that. The number of cores, etc.. and other perameters. I guess software benchmarks and power draw, yeah, that's what they probably do. Performance per power draw.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #3,002 of 3,098
I could not care less. It is just that you miss the whole point of the video and focus on the thing that actually does not matter, which was a clickbait anyway = Title. It was actually really good content. I have never seen Intel like this. I focus on what matters, and that is Intel can not take a loss, you don´t even have to read between the lines to understand that video. I don´t care where he walks or shoot the video. Intels excuses was enough for me to cringe.

1701974871719.png

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #3,003 of 3,098
I could not care less. It is just that you miss the whole point of the video and focus on the thing that actually does not matter, which was a clickbait anyway = Title. It was actually really good content. I have never seen Intel like this. I focus on what matters, and that is Intel can not take a loss, you don´t even have to read between the lines to understand that video. I don´t care where he walks or shoot the video. Intels excuses was enough for me to cringe.

If you haven't seen Intel or AMD use marketing lingo to convince people that a microscopic bit of performance that many won't use and only want for "bragging points" exists, you haven't been looking at that marketing material for the last 20 years. AMD at least has marginally passed Intel in performance at least 4 times in the last 20 years. It's basically a meaningless game of leapfrog so that people who buy purely on performance statistics and not what those number do/don't mean in the real world have a reason to buy today's "fastest" chip. "fastest" in quotes because each of the top AMD and Intel CPUs outperform one another in some tests.

None of this is new or is news. The vast majority of the people who would care about or realize benefit from a marginal increase in CPU performance already know what was posted and aren't in need of this video. The 99.9999% of the install base who don't do anything particularly CPU intensive won't care about the difference as they won't see it.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #3,004 of 3,098
Since it's been a while since there were actual pics of PC builds, I thought I'd do three separate posts.
Here's the first post, my Home Theater in a Box (HTiB).

It is the Hyte Revolt 3 m-ITX case. I like it. It's compact.

61J4R0y.jpg

You can open all the side panels to put in the guts, and the cube design allows for an interesting internal layout. This isn't the only case designed like this, perhaps the most commonly known comparable case is the NZXT H1. Both are a great choice for a small build.

xQbh6h1.jpg

gc67fI5.jpg

zmCsVXM.jpg

For this build, I wanted good performance for watching movies, with the ability for decent gaming if I had to go on extended travel and I decided to use this as my carry-on luggage. Biggest deal for me was to have great temps, so I went with the AMD 5700X instead of something with a higher TDP.

Specs:
Corsair SF750 750W PSU
Noctua NH-C14S heatsink
AMD Ryzen 5700X CPU
Asus ROG STRIX X570-I Gaming motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 RAM
2TB Western Digital SN850 M.2 drive w/Win11
Gigabyte RTX 3080 (this has 2x HDMI output, so one is for direct to projector, second HDMI goes into the receiver for audio)

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #3,005 of 3,098
Here is my other PC. This build is a few years old now, I think.
This is for pure GAMING now. The previous place I lived in was three stories. The HTiB was in the attic that was converted to a room. My home theater was set up in that room.
This was my second floor PC, for myself and for visiting guests.
Now I live in a one-floor house, so it's kinda silly having three computers almost all next to each other, in the same room. But I want to make use of them!

So, I use this one for PURE gaming on my projector, for 4k HDR at 120Hz and Atmos.

Forgive me for all the dust. It's not too bad, but I didn't 'tidy up' before taking these pics.

jC9RU51.jpg

rQ0TWKv.jpg

Specs:
Corsair 4000D Airflow mid-tower case
EVGA Supernova P3 1000w PSU
Lian-Li UNI LED fans to replace the stock fans
Noctua NH-D15 heatsink
MSI MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR4 motherboard
Intel 13700k CPU, with the Thermalright CPU Contact Frame
64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 4000Mhz
Gigabyte RTX 4090 GamingOC

2x 2TB Gen 4 M.2 WD-SN850X M.2 drives w/Win10
4TB Samsung 670 EVO 3.5" SSD

NOTE: Usually there's a brace for the GPU, but I was messing around in the guts a few weeks ago and forgot to put it back.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #3,006 of 3,098
Here is my other PC. This is my "main" PC, the workhorse and primary gaming device. I have it hooked up to a 48" LG OLED monitor, and a 55" LG OLED C1. I watch movies and videos on the C1 while doing productivity on the monitor. Or, switch to one display and play HDR hotness games on the C1.

zUwcDLu.jpg

dhMhtoR.jpg

ETTS5v5.jpg

Specs:
Fractal Design Torrent RGB, white with clear panel
Asus ROG X670E Extreme EATX motherboard
1200W Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 PSU
64GB G.Skill Trident NEO RGB CL30 DDR5 6000 RAM
AMD 7950X3D CPU
Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX XT AIO cooler
Lian-Li UNI exhaust fan
Gigabyte AERO RTX 4090
2TB Gen 4 Seagate FireCude 520
2x 4TB Gen 4 SN850X M.2 drives
8TB Samsung 870 QVO 3.5" SSD

OK then. Pics of PCs for a change!

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #3,007 of 3,098
Here is my other PC. This is my "main" PC, the workhorse and primary gaming device. I have it hooked up to a 48" LG OLED monitor, and a 55" LG OLED C1. I watch movies and videos on the C1 while doing productivity on the monitor. Or, switch to one display and play HDR hotness games on the C1.

zUwcDLu.jpg

dhMhtoR.jpg

ETTS5v5.jpg

Specs:
Fractal Design Torrent RGB, white with clear panel
Asus ROG X670E Extreme EATX motherboard
1200W Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 PSU
64GB G.Skill Trident NEO RGB CL30 DDR5 6000 RAM
AMD 7950X3D CPU
Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX XT AIO cooler
Lian-Li UNI exhaust fan
Gigabyte AERO RTX 4090
2TB Gen 4 Seagate FireCude 520
2x 4TB Gen 4 SN850X M.2 drives
8TB Samsung 870 QVO 3.5" SSD

OK then. Pics of PCs for a change!
I see you routed the coolant lines towards the bottom of the radiator. I always do this too.

Just to make sure the air remains at the top of the rad and never gets into the pump.

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #3,008 of 3,098
I was planning my build around a phanteks nv5 but their customer service are a-holes and i wont be buying anymore of their products.

So im going to go with a different case, front runner is the lian li 011 dynamic evo. Also considering the hyte y60 and montech king 95 pro.

Any suggestions on the case?

Dec 8, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #3,009 of 3,098
[... I'm] going to go with a different case, front runner is the lian li 011 dynamic evo. Also considering the hyte y60 and montech king 95 pro.

tl;dr - All three of your options are great.

I think Lian Li is respected for their customer service, so that might be a bonus. I would GUESS that Hyte also makes an effort at tending to customers, considering that it is designed by, and made for, case enthusiasts. Don't know much about Montech, but that case is off the heels of the OG Lian Li 011, and the Hyte Y60 in some ways.
If I was to choose, I'd probably get the Y60 because that angled notch is cool, and I like the idea of a display being put on it. Don't know if temps or airflow would make a real-world noticeable difference compared to the other two.
Before getting the Torrent, I was considering the 011D, and the Y60.

Dec 8, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #3,010 of 3,098
I was planning my build around a phanteks nv5 but their customer service are a-holes and i wont be buying anymore of their products.

So im going to go with a different case, front runner is the lian li 011 dynamic evo. Also considering the hyte y60 and montech king 95 pro.

Jonsplus i100/i400
Jonsbo D31/41 with display

They just added Z series to the menu. I am awaiting for the release, but i series are sweet imo. I like the placement of the PSU.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 3:45 AM Post #3,011 of 3,098
EDITED: NEVERMIND

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #3,012 of 3,098
Thanks for the input.

I just want to go with something safe, this pc is not for me, for a friends son. I have all the parts ready to go but I don't want to get the case then find out the 360mm won't fit. Alot of these cases advertise 360mm rad support but then doesnt fit.

Dec 8, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #3,013 of 3,098
A 360mm rad is pretty big. As for it fitting in the cases you asked about, I don't think the Y60 will fit it. I think that's a 240mm limit for the top.
The Lian Li 011D should fit it.
But it won't be an easy mount, is my guess. I recommend Googling "[name of case] 360mm radiator" and see what comes up for more information.
My case has a 360mm radiator in the white Fractal Torrent. That's a big case, too haha

Dec 8, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #3,014 of 3,098
It pissed me off it is so hard to get waterblocks for 4070. I remember in the 700-900 series days the choice and alternatives was bigger.

I want to go WC but the market is so poor with alternatives lately.

Dec 8, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #3,015 of 3,098
So, for my photo's processing and editing, my (brand new) portable computer :
  • i7-13620H
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 140w (for Photolab 6)
  • 16 Go ram ddr5
  • 15.6" QHD (2560*1440), 240Hz (full gamut dci-p3), IPS.
  • 512 Go SSD (7400mb/s)
  • 2 To SSD (same)
  • Win 11 pro
It's a shame : no game 😂😅😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back