PS1000 vs Ultrasone 10 COMPARE
Nov 19, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 40
As a long time Ultrasone fans, disappointed about the music engagement of Ultrasone 10, especially harsh hi freq response. PS1000 sounds more natural and enjoyable.

Nov 20, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #3 of 40
i don't understand ultrasone if that's true. why build a headphone for a million $ and make the highs harsh.
that's not logical. which amp did you used with u10 ?

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #4 of 40

Quote:
i don't understand ultrasone if that's true. why build a headphone for a million $ and make the highs harsh.

Read Tyll's review of the Ultrasone Edition 10 over at Inner Fidelity. Ultrasone blew it big time. The E10 is all flash and no substance. Measurements are awful.

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #5 of 40
despite of the measurments it still sounds crazy...
but thanks anyway.
looks like the problem in the review was not related to the system synergy either...

Nov 22, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #6 of 40
i had both of them, i would not buy either

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 40

Quote:

Yeah, I also don't understand why they would make a poor-sounding headphone. Why would a company ever make a mediocre product and sell it for big bucks??? It makes no sense
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #13 of 40

Quote:
I like both.

Really, the fact that I personally find not much to hate about my Ed 10 makes me doubt whether I'm cut out to be an genuine audiophile.

i don´t think this.
i also loved both but the ps-1000 in my opinion have a big problem with the bass response at high volume and the two headphones are too expensive for the quality.
i think that is a way to raise money to those on a budget.
personally, i bought both used

Nov 25, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #14 of 40
Why are you looking at these models?  sounds to me like you're just looking to buy an expensive headphone, not necessarily a hi-fi headphone.  If that's the case, I'd be happy to sell you my M50's for 2000 dollars. 

Nov 25, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #15 of 40
I have issues with the PS1000's construction, but the sound seems pretty "hi-fi" to my ears. I prefer it to the T1 and LCD-2 rev.1. I'll probably get one someday if I can find an original non-chrome one at a discounted enough price.

Can't recommend the Edition 10 by any means. It's thoroughly ridiculous. Would have sold mine long ago if not for the fact that I've kind of grown attached to its quirks and its uncanny ability to present a "being there" sort of feeling on certain recordings. It's only a matter of time before I get rid of it though.

I think lumping the PS1000 in with the Edition 10 is a bit harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back