Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 29, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #114,946 of 151,309
Wait, what makes you think that I'm kidding?

Let's revisit this:
-> Syn kills sacred cows.
What's more sacred to an audiophile than their power cords? And what's more sacred to an audiophile than the deeply rooted conviction that EM is bad?

-> The name Syn.
According to Wikipedia, in Norse mythology, Syn is a goddess associated with defensive refusal. You just try and convince your wife and/or landlord and/or oncologist that you want to install a 2.5 metric ton inductor coil below your living room and then tell me again that this ain't the most apt name for a Schiit product yet!

-> Jason said that Syn will likely never be available in silver.
Obviously, duh, since iron cores are graphite colored and copper is, well, copper.

-> According to Jason, Syn as a product has never been discussed or hinted at before.
Show me a past post or interview where Jason discussed a massive induction coil for power delivery and I'll eat both my Tyrs. And a bunch of in situ product shots don't count as "hinted at" because nowhere do they actually show the actual induction coil.

And speaking of in situ product shots leaking upcoming products…
-> There's precedence.
I think it was the product shots for Loki Max that have a pair of Tyrs in it? And that was before Tyr was officially announced!

So, I think it's pretty clear now what Syn must be. There's absolutely no way that it's something else. It all just makes way too much sense this way.

Also, regarding your pointer towards Jason marking his post as having been meant to be in jest: I, too, marked my post in a similar fashion, as I closed it with "True fact, guys!"
As you know, a true fact is not just a simple fact. Nay, it is a TRUE fact. Simple facts can never be trusted, as they are merely factual in nature at a purely logical level. A true fact, in contrast, is emotionally true! And as we all have learned in recent years from much of the world's news and media providers: Who needs logical truths when you can have emotional ones.

I hope that this clarification will help all readers see that they can always place their implicit trust in whatever I write. Especially whenever my statements are outright oozing with logic as much as this post and my preceding ones do. ✌️😎
…. implicit trust —?—> explicit ridicule …. 🤭 👉 🤡 …. 🤣

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #114,947 of 151,309
Syn is a brain implant that will allow AI to measure human enjoyment and pleasure and thereby generate a music library perfectly curated to your tastes. However this device may very well be the lynch pin that allow chat-GPT style AI to learn about and exploit human behavior patterns, incrementally settle world conflicts through the installation of a charismatic world-leader and eventually fulfil prophesies of the anti-christ and the end-times by extension.

(Kidding)

Mar 29, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #114,948 of 151,309
[sarcasm] Syn is a brain implant that will allow AI to measure human enjoyment and pleasure and thereby generate a music library perfectly curated to your tastes. However this device may very well be the lynch pin that allow chat-GPT style AI to learn about and exploit human behavior patterns, incrementally settle world conflicts through the installation of a charismatic world-leader and eventually fulfil prophesies of the anti-christ and the end-times by extension. [/sarcasm]

(Kidding)
FTFY. :D

Mar 29, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #114,949 of 151,309
I know most of you are here for light reading so my apologies for the escalation in my last post. The whole point of it was for the 'kidding' part at the end in reference to @O8h7w and his post about kidding on the internet.

(I'm kidding, I know you're kidding and I'm fairly sure that you know I am, but while I laughed I couldn't help but think of Jason setting the excellent example of pointing out that he was kidding on the previous page. While it is a great thing to have a thread where you can generally assume that the readers are intelligent and even somewhat familiar with your writing and humor, this is still the internet, and that is still both an assumption and a generalization.)

I will be seeing myself out now. Thank you.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #114,951 of 151,309
Mar 29, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #114,952 of 151,309
I know most of you are here for light reading so my apologies for the escalation in my last post. The whole point of it was for the 'kidding' part at the end in reference to @O8h7w and his post about kidding on the internet.
Most of us are here for FUN with occasional light reading with the even more occasional smattering of audio discussion. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #114,953 of 151,309
I have the Loki Mini and enjoy having it as another tool in my audio toolbox. Damn, this thread moves fast.
star-wars-hyperspeed.gif

Mar 29, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #114,954 of 151,309
Well my Piety just arrived from the Brown Van in time for evaluation this weekend. Too bad I have to leave now for us to visit our financial advisor. I'll ask if it is in the budget to add a SYN tomorrow while we are there. I jumped on this last weekend when a couple folks posted it was back in stock and got it before the price increase. Got some WBC interconnects with Mogami wire to integrate with the Modius. Cheers!
Magni Piety.jpeg

Mar 29, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #114,955 of 151,309
…. just look at the listing of ‘users who are viewing this thread’ ….. a veritably great list of beta testers for Schiit …. ☑️

Mar 29, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #114,956 of 151,309
Well my Piety just arrived from the Brown Van in time for evaluation this weekend. Too bad I have to leave now for us to visit our financial advisor***. I'll ask if it is in the budget to add a SYN tomorrow while we are there. I jumped on this last weekend when a couple folks posted it was back in stock and got it before the price increase. Got some WBC interconnects with Mogami wire to integrate with the Modius. Cheers!Magni Piety.jpeg
*** 😳 is Nitsch Piety ==> Chapter XIII bankruptcy filing? …

Mar 29, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #114,960 of 151,309
Or a passive class D amp with an active speaker inside. :smirk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back