Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #2,252 of 23,482
This thread has made me crave the 600's! ahha I'll be ordering some this week sometime.

So expensive in stores in aus still!
a headphone stand in a melbourne shopping centre which shall remain nameless has them for $699.95

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #2,253 of 23,482
Quote:
This thread has made me crave the 600's! ahha I'll be ordering some this week sometime.

So expensive in stores in aus still!
a headphone stand in a melbourne shopping centre which shall remain nameless has them for $699.95

I heard that electronic goods in your country are fairly expensive to begin with 
basshead.gif

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #2,254 of 23,482
I heard that electronic goods in your country are fairly expensive to begin with :basshead:

Yeah they are! Luckily Hong Kong isn't far away and PayPal is forgiving!
They are around $499 in normal stores that stock them, how much are they in stores where you are?

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #2,255 of 23,482
Quote:
Yeah they are! Luckily Hong Kong isn't far away and PayPal is forgiving!
They are around $499 in normal stores that stock them, how much are they in stores where you are?

I'm in Singapore where the HD600s are retailing for around 510SGD (~ 400AUD) haha. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #2,256 of 23,482
I'm in Singapore where the HD600s are retailing for around 510SGD (~ 400AUD) haha. 

So cheap! I talked to a guy I sort of know in an audio store here and he said it costs the store $385 just to get them in haha

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #2,258 of 23,482
Quote:
So cheap! I talked to a guy I sort of know in an audio store here and he said it costs the store $385 just to get them in haha

Hi HKer welcome to Australia!

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #2,259 of 23,482
Hi HKer welcome to Australia!

Haha I'm not exactly sure what you mean?
Are you from Aus aswell?
Haha I just think its funny that I can get them from Asia delivered for $290 and the stores have to pay an extra $100

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #2,260 of 23,482
Quote:
Haha I'm not exactly sure what you mean?
Are you from Aus aswell?
Haha I just think its funny that I can get them from Asia delivered for $290 and the stores have to pay an extra $100

I mean I am made in HK but currently in Aus lol. Why don't you look in the For Sale section? I see at least one pair of HD600 going at 250 or 200 shipped to AUS, and a few HD580s as well.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #2,261 of 23,482
I mean I am made in HK but currently in Aus lol. Why don't you look in the For Sale section? I see at least one pair of HD600 going at 250 or 200 shipped to AUS, and a few HD580s as well.

Oh welcome to Aus! Haha how are you liking it? I think I'll just get a new one for the extra $40 :) thanks for your help though

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #2,262 of 23,482
Hi, first post!  I've been reading the forums a lot doing research however.  My HD 600s arrived today, I was interested in the model for its reputation of being very neutral and sounding good with everything, as well as liking the Sennheiser sound signature in general.  I demoed a pair and liked what I heard as well.  My dac/amp won't be here for a week (went with e7+e9), but I wasn't about to leave these babies sitting around for that long, so I decided to get started burning them in the natural way.

Initally I pretty much thought they would spit poison at my ears for the heresy of listening to them unamped and not burned in.  My previous cans are a pair of Sennheiser HD 280s and Grado SR 60is, so I was initially pleased to find that that these are more revealing than either, I went through the whole experience of hearing things I never knew were in my music, again.  As I listened to a song or two from as many different albums as I could think of, I found that with every album I listen to it's as if I'm rolling a die, and the sound quality can end up anywhere from a 1-6.  Two albums of the same genre can sound vastly different, two albums that I know for a fact sound great can as well.  One rolls a 1, the other a 6 (I do get a lot of 2-5 as well).  I understand it's natural during burnin and especially without an amp - I'm not upset, I just find it humorous.  Bad teenpop could potentially sound amazing at this point (though I won't be finding out).

Then I put in Nils Lofgren's acoustic album, and it changed the die to a 12-sider which rolled a 12, I actually cried!  It was so unexpected, so completely out of nowhere.  In that moment I was sold, it absolutely blew away anything I've ever heard through a set of headphones.  I'm shivering to think of what amplification and burnin will do.  And I'm certain that the albums which don't currently sound good will come around, hehe.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #2,263 of 23,482
Quote:
Hi, first post!  I've been reading the forums a lot doing research however.  My HD 600s arrived today, I was interested in the model for its reputation of being very neutral and sounding good with everything, as well as liking the Sennheiser sound signature in general.  I demoed a pair and liked what I heard as well.  My dac/amp won't be here for a week (went with e7+e9), but I wasn't about to leave these babies sitting around for that long, so I decided to get started burning them in the natural way.

Initally I pretty much thought they would spit poison at my ears for the heresy of listening to them unamped and not burned in.  My previous cans are a pair of Sennheiser HD 280s and Grado SR 60is, so I was initially pleased to find that that these are more revealing than either, I went through the whole experience of hearing things I never knew were in my music, again.  As I listened to a song or two from as many different albums as I could think of, I found that with every album I listen to it's as if I'm rolling a die, and the sound quality can end up anywhere from a 1-6.  Two albums of the same genre can sound vastly different, two albums that I know for a fact sound great can as well.  One rolls a 1, the other a 6 (I do get a lot of 2-5 as well).  I understand it's natural during burnin and especially without an amp - I'm not upset, I just find it humorous.  Bad teenpop could potentially sound amazing at this point (though I won't be finding out).

Then I put in Nils Lofgren's acoustic album, and it changed the die to a 12-sider which rolled a 12, I actually cried!  It was so unexpected, so completely out of nowhere.  In that moment I was sold, it absolutely blew away anything I've ever heard through a set of headphones.  I'm shivering to think of what amplification and burnin will do.  And I'm certain that the albums which don't currently sound good will come around, hehe.

the bad news is that you will cry so much often..hehe

I cried when i listen to cassadee pope song -over you . this baby able to deliver the singer emotion

Dec 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #2,265 of 23,482
Just bit the bullet and ordered a pair :)
Will give impressions when they arrive,
very excited haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back