Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Oct 24, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #332 of 1,999
FYI, Euro version, will be only available spring 2018

Good job we can easily import from Amazon Japan then at lower cost than likely in EU, then change region (for English, No Cap) with the fix.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #334 of 1,999
Or you can get from Sony Singapore official stores at USD220.

Oct 24, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #335 of 1,999
To me if your really interested in Bluetooth audio then you don't really need a dedicated DAP. A Sony phone with LDAC is going to sound exactly the same as a Sony DAP to LDAC headphones. If your pursuing the best audio quality especially with high bitrate music its got to be wired.

Same reason people still like DAPs over phones for wired audio: UI, playback buttons, size, battery life, usage habits, etc...

Oct 24, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #336 of 1,999
To me if your really interested in Bluetooth audio then you don't really need a dedicated DAP. A Sony phone with LDAC is going to sound exactly the same as a Sony DAP to LDAC headphones. If your pursuing the best audio quality especially with high bitrate music its got to be wired.

I actually considered buying a Sony phone with LDAC just for the office streaming. Keep in mind that the reason I’m using the 1000x at the office is for NC and wireless is for convenience to be able to move without the cable. At home for serious listening I actually use a turntable with speakers or tube amp to my Grado RS1 or Sony 7520.

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #337 of 1,999
The rockbox tool finally works!
I have a iPhone 6s Plus so I got the A45 so that I can stream to my 1000xm2 with aptx or LDAC and let me say it sounds great. Also using some points I got it for a great price of around $120 from e-earphone so it was a no brainer for me.

Oct 25, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #338 of 1,999
I actually considered buying a Sony phone with LDAC just for the office streaming. Keep in mind that the reason I’m using the 1000x at the office is for NC and wireless is for convenience to be able to move without the cable. At home for serious listening I actually use a turntable with speakers or tube amp to my Grado RS1 or Sony 7520.

I'm leaning towards the Sony XZ1 Compact for LDAC, tidal offline and streaming to 1000xm2's.

Tidal have said MQA is coming to mobile as well.

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #340 of 1,999
They have been saying that since Mqa was released tho. I asked the support recently and they said it will be possible at some point but doesn't have a bug priority.

Same problem with every new technology, until more devices support MQA no incentive for Tidal to turn on MQA. But if Tidal doesn't turn on MQA fewer manufacturers will make devices that support it. Unless Tidal starts supporting MQA alot of people are predicting that MQA will never get any traction.

Oct 27, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #344 of 1,999
Got tired or waiting for AJ.

Ordered from Amazon.jp and it worked out considerably cheaper buying in Yen to ZAR (SA Rand) than converting to USD.

Should be here end of next week.

Will hit it with the Rockbox tool on arrival and transfer a few gigs of MQA albums. Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back