WooAudio issues
Mar 31, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #61 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Over my life I have received hundreds of new products with far worse defects than what has been described.

Not sure how old you are but being rather conservative in my math that surely must amount to something like 5 or 6 incidents a year.. Seriously get out from under that black cloud....No wonder you don't get livid anymore....but I'd be looking for the person that put that curse on ya...
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #62 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trapper32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure how old you are but being rather conservative in my math that surely must amount to something like 5 or 6 incidents a year.. Seriously get out from under that black cloud....No wonder you don't get livid anymore....but I'd be looking for the person that put that curse on ya...
wink.gif

Hehe, you get jaded after spending a few years running a business that deals with constantly receiving all sorts of electronics from suppliers. That accounts for a few hundred right there. Even without that, I generally find that I personally buy at least 2-4 items a year that are DOA in some way or fail fairly soon after purchase (with quite a few more that fail in the first year). With electronics, I generally bank on about a 5-10% first year failure rate, depending on the item. Laptops used to be particularly awful (probably 20% failure rate) but seem to be getting a bit better recently. Maybe I do just have bad luck...

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #63 of 114
Events explained in 9 easy steps:

1. csommers, who already has a WA6, orders another one.
2. WA6 shipment gets delayed due to delayed arrival of parts
3. csommers experiences buyer's remorse and posts FS thread for the amp which has not yet arrived
4. amp arrives. csommers opens package and finds that the amp he put up for sale is defective.
5. csommers explains situation in FS thread and withdraws the sale, with the exception that he would sell it if someone is absolutely positively sure that he wants a defective amp.
6. mod deletes much of the FS thread's contents
7. csommers fears that it now looks like he was trying to dump a broken amp in the FS thread the whole time.
8. csommers posts this thread to provide explanation for his now strange looking FS thread.
9. thread catches fire

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #64 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by deaconblues /img/forum/go_quote.gif

3. csommers experiences buyer's remorse and posts FS thread for the amp which has not yet arrived
4. amp arrives. csommers opens package and finds that the amp he put up for sale is defective.
5. csommers explains situation in FS thread and withdraws the sale, with the exception that he would sell it if someone is absolutely positively sure that he wants a defective amp.
7. csommers fears that it now looks like he was trying to dump a broken amp in the FS thread the whole time.
8. csommers posts this thread to provide explanation for his now strange looking FS thread.
9. thread catches fire

normal_smile .gif
haha yep thats about it

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #65 of 114
This thread would not be needed to exist if mods do not delete his FS thread first.

But hey, this is better than Singlepower issue...

By the way, I see some funny people here.....

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #66 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by deaconblues /img/forum/go_quote.gif

9. thread catches fire

Thanks for your post. That prompted me to read this thread
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/no...d-edit-416923/

Now I understand what is going on here.

I have a WA6SE maxed on order, and at first I was a little concerned. However that said, after reading the whole story I feel sorry for Jack.

Mar 31, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #67 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillysally /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your post. That prompted me to read this thread
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/no...d-edit-416923/

Now I understand what is going on here.

I have a WA6SE maxed on order, and at first I was a little concerned. However that said, after reading the whole story I feel sorry for Jack.

x2

and I think it's entirely reasonable that Jack tells you that he's shipped the amp after it is shipped. Isn't this what Amazon (etc.) does?

Mar 31, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #68 of 114
Hmm this is an interesting thread. After reading through it all I really don't think the OP was being overly negative toward Woo Audio and I certainly don't doubt the quality of Woo Audio after all shipping damage does happen. Woo Audio seems to be a very reasonable company even coming into the forum and posting to answer some questions. I'd have no problem buying from them in the future (and i think i will pick up a headphone stand from them soon)

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #71 of 114
Hasn't anyone else noticed something fishy is going on here? Members asked the OP for pictures of the damage and the OP posted glamour shots of the box and one shot of the amp which is just a pretty tube picture
confused_face(1).gif

><=="> ><--'> Hehh-lllowwww!

Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027-2.jpg

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #72 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hasn't anyone else noticed something fishy is going on here? Members asked the OP for pictures of the damage and the OP posted glamour shots of the box and one shot of the amp which is just a pretty tube picture
confused_face(1).gif

><=="> ><--'> Hehh-lllowwww!

He explained this with his original pic. How else do you post a non-working channel except to see the tube is not lighting up? How do you post a pic that will show a loose headphone jack? How do you take a pic of a loose tube socket? I have had shipping damage where the exterior of the amp looked flawless. But, a strong shock like throwing or dropping the amp on a truck can easily cause internal damage to an amp with P2P wiring by fracturing solder joints.

Conversely, as good as the box looks in the pic how would you know the problem was shipping damage and not a problem at the factory, like he originally surmised? The bottom line is does the amp work or not .... and the amp does not work. The only thing fishy to me is why you keep berating the guy. He obviously likes and even owns a Woo product. He simply vented like so many others here love to do. If people didnt make this situation into a drama the thread would have died long ago.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #73 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread would not be needed to exist if mods do not delete his FS thread first.

But hey, this is better than Singlepower issue...

By the way, I see some funny people here.....

Much better... because...

there is no "issue"... other than...

the "issue" we've created with our unending discussion of nothing... but... possibly... "a failure to communicate"... which has long since been corrected.

It will never begin to approach multiple instances of "fraud and deceipt," with pics of encased walwarts as a power supply... or of a "rat's nest of wiring"... or of "thousands of dollars being ignited and burned right before our eyes!"

Its all become quite "humorous"... if it weren't so "ludicrous."

Its time to "just move on."

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #74 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradofan2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Much better... because...

there is no "issue"... other than...

the "issue" we've created with our unending discussion of nothing... but... possibly... "a failure to communicate"... which has long since been corrected.

Its all become quite "humorous"... if it weren't so "ludicrous."

Its time to "just move on."

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #75 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by MatthewK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AShBoF1FPSE

"Yas... "boss"...

"definitely... definitely one of my favorites... definitely" - from another...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back