Your top 3 best ever looking headphones.
May 26, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #16 of 213
As much as I like all things made of wood, and woods, and trees :wink:, in general, I actually don't like much the looks of wooden headphones. PinkFloyd had some that looked somewhat ok, reminded me of nice and smooth Go bowls, but they looked ok on their own I think, probably not so on someone's head. In particular I think the R10's look terrible, seriously almost as bad as the K1000
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Next to the 650 in my ranking (second after Grado's HP and SR) I would put the Orpheus and the Senn 600, they all look very similar and I think they look awesome, both on their own AND on someone's head. The finish of the 580 is slightly less classy than the other Senns', but it's also good looking.

All imho of course.

May 26, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #17 of 213
I guess I got a small head because when I wear the hp-2, it looks like I'm picking up radio transmissions. (the stalks look like antennas)
tongue.gif

I like the look of the rs1
rs1smile.gif
and the r10. Wood all the way!

May 26, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #19 of 213
Raul, I kind of agree about the R10s, but I happen to think they look and feel great in your hands, total 'quality' in every sense of the word. Just feel the soft lambskin, the smoothness of the wood finish, the plushness of the pads, even the way the pivoting mechanism works! But, man oh man, when you look in the mirror, them puppies are BIG!!! Paint them green, and I'd look like Shrek!!! The HE90s would get my 4th place vote, and R10s 5th place, but in both cases its more of a matter of having a quality look than a vote on mere style points.

Nice call on the DT880s Kirosa! They're also extremely comfortable and look really nice when you're wearing them. They get my vote for best looking in the under $500 category (except I like the SA5000's, in much the same way as the Qualia 010).

The HP1000s are a good choice too. Nothing beats them for the 'classic' look. I like the gold Grado 325i as well.

May 26, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #21 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
What is that??? A Ferrite clamp on the SR60?
eek.gif
eek.gif
Is that OEM?

No I added those, those are my SR60's. Whenever any pic of my SR60's shows up with those ferrites, someone sooner or later submits a post asking either
1) what they are;
2) whether they came with the SR60's; and
3) whether they significantly change the sound.
Answers:
1) Ferrite clamps;
2) No;
3) Don't think so, but they make the SR60's look even better I think
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #25 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Raul, I kind of agree about the R10s, but I happen to think they look and feel great in your hands, total 'quality' in every sense of the word. Just feel the soft lambskin, the smoothness of the wood finish, the plushness of the pads, even the way the pivoting mechanism works! But, man oh man, when you look in the mirror, them puppies are BIG!!! Paint them green, and I'd look like Shrek!!!

True Wayne, the R10's do feel great on anyone's hands and ears, no doubt... it's only their looks. I tried to find a famous Head-fi meet photo (in CA or NY? can't remember) which showed 3 or 4 headfiers all wearing R10's, and there's a similar one all wearing K1000, those pics show clearly how huge those headphones are. Can't find those pics though.

May 26, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #28 of 213
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
True Wayne, the R10's do feel great on anyone's hands and ears, no doubt... it's only their looks. I tried to find a famous Head-fi meet photo (in CA or NY? can't remember) which showed 3 or 4 headfiers all wearing R10's, and there's a similar one all wearing K1000, those pics show clearly how huge those headphones are. Can't find those pics though.

heh i was there for that one, that was the first gradolabs meet i was at : ]

ms2i/ps1 have my vote. I like the look of the metal grados without the button inside. The ms2/ms2i have an understated, useful, well built look. Classy in a less way as said, the rolex headphone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back