ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Nov 11, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #5,221 of 6,371
I also agree with you and the rest of the folks above.

Withy he universe pads, I prefer the AO of a tighter and leaner source, like the CFA-3 which has very good treble resolution and speed. With the ultra perf (which I’ve come to prefer) I love the AO off my Decware/ZMF OTL, as the sweeter and more lush voicing of that amp works wonderfully well with the more open and technically better speed of the ultra perf.
It's hard to beat the versatility of the AO. With the multiple mesh choices and great pad options, you can really fine tuning to your liking.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #5,223 of 6,371
I’ll obviously do a more detailed search later, but I have a question about a possible amp pairing. Any experiences with the ECP torpedo iii? I’ve heard the atrium on a DSHA3F (amazing), and I have a DSHA-1 early prototype here at home (pretty good), but the tube curiosity is definitely getting to me.

Nov 11, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #5,224 of 6,371
I’ll obviously do a more detailed search later, but I have a question about a possible amp pairing. Any experiences with the ECP torpedo iii? I’ve heard the atrium on a DSHA3F (amazing), and I have a DSHA-1 early prototype here at home (pretty good), but the tube curiosity is definitely getting to me.
Ask Doug to build you a Copenhagen...the Atrium on it probably is the best headphone experience I've ever had. No hyperbole.

Nov 11, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #5,225 of 6,371
I have hearing loss because I am over 40. Both VO and VC sound more detailed to me.
That makes sense. The Verite definitely has more treble energy than the Atrium. As an owner of both the Verite and Atrium, I don’t hear one as more or less detailed than the other. They just have different tunings. But I also have sensitive ears and don’t want or need any extra high frequency energy. At the end of the day, they’re both awesome and it’s great to be able to have choices!

Nov 11, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #5,226 of 6,371
Ask Doug to build you a Copenhagen...the Atrium on it probably is the best headphone experience I've ever had. No hyperbole.
A while back Doug had actually sent me the first proto of what would become the Copenhagen to try out but that would have been ages ago lol. I do recall it was a beast of an amp for sure!

(Doug is a close friend and when he was still living in Chicago we hung out often and I got to be the Guinea pig for his various audio experiments)

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #5,227 of 6,371
Nov 13, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #5,228 of 6,371
No , but …

I got a ‘highly modded’ Bottlehead Crack, and I frequently wander back and forth between

mTT2 ==> DSHA-3F ==> Atrium
and
mTT2 ==> BHC ==> Atrium

… and I really enjoy both flavors.

Nov 14, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #5,229 of 6,371
I picked up this pair of Redheart Atriums at CanJam in Dallas this weekend. It was great getting to meet and talk with Bevin and Zach.
IMG_0109.jpeg
IMG_0105.jpeg

Nov 14, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #5,230 of 6,371
I picked up this pair of Redheart Atriums at CanJam in Dallas this weekend. It was great getting to meet and talk with Bevin and Zach. IMG_0109.jpegIMG_0105.jpeg

IMG_8141.jpeg

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #5,231 of 6,371
Hey all... I took a day off of listening after the best weekend of headphone listening in as long as I can remember. I think I spent a total of 15 hrs listening over the weekend. I decided to let them burn in for another 24 hrs and came back to the Atrium's today. I was curious how they would sound at the 50 hr mark. Wonderful! Shocking I know! Amazing to see all the absolutely fabulous Cocobolo sets hitting the heads of excited Head-Fi Members. This is a really fun thread to read and contribute to.

Tonight I have moved from my Icon HP8 over to my fabulous and irreplaceable Cembalo Labs Spring 1. I bought this amp for Planars, but it is equally adept at handling high impedance headphones. The Atrium sounds lively, and dynamic with the same pinpoint imaging. The Spring 1 is my all time favorite amp and combined with the Atrium it is a fabulous combination. The Atrium is amplifier agnostic in my system. They sound incredible on both amps. The Spring 1 pushes a ton of current, so I have turned down the Comet's internal volume a smidge. I have also started to use my Audio Sensibility Silver Statement Cable that I primarily use with my LCD-4z with the Atrium. Loving it! Fortunately both of my 4z cables work with ZMF, so I have 4 different cables to play with. Differences are subtle, but my chain and the Atrium are resolving enough to hear the different flavors. It isn't really a difference in sound quality as much as sound flavor. I am getting amazing sound with the stock cable, as well as the OFC that come stock with the Atrium.

I will end up moving back to the HP8, but not because the Atrium becomes listless on a SS amp. Just the opposite. Because they sound amazing on both.

I have sent a few Goose videos to this thread over the past few days. Goose has gone from bars to playing Red Rocks in a few short months. They have done this through professional polished playing and making their live performances available at incredible quality for free. This is from 2 days ago at the Greek in Los Angeles. If you don't enjoy this type of music, disregard...

Digging up an old comment here, but I just bought my first Atrium and I'm also a huge Goose fan. I have to say your review and comments helped with my decision, so thanks! I was actually at this LA show for that sweet Slow Ready, and I've seen them six times since including the epic night two at RR. BTW here is my future Atrium:

Screenshot 2023-11-17 134444.png

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #5,232 of 6,371
Digging up an old comment here, but I just bought my first Atrium and I'm also a huge Goose fan. I have to say your review and comments helped with my decision, so thanks! I was actually at this LA show for that sweet Slow Ready, and I've seen them six times since including the epic night two at RR. BTW here is my future Atrium:

Screenshot 2023-11-17 134444.png
Thank you for kind comments. Congrats on your Atrium. It is beautiful and will sound incredible with Goose and Phish. It does for me. Feed it a good source and some tubes and you will never want to take them off your head.

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:30 AM Post #5,233 of 6,371
Finished (the wood) of some of the 24th's release yesterday. Big build day today:

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 20, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #5,234 of 6,371
Finished (the wood) of some of the 24th's release yesterday. Big build day today:

Loved seeing the different finishes and how they compare! These are all over the top once again.

All that color and I was immediately drawn most to these black and grey ones. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Stainless or gun metal grills would be insane on them!

Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 8.27.22 AM.jpg

Nov 20, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #5,235 of 6,371
Loved seeing the different finishes and how they compare! These are all over the top once again.

All that color and I was immediately drawn most to these black and grey ones. Can't wait to see how they turn out. Stainless or gun metal grills would be insane on them!

Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 8.27.22 AM.jpg
Add the black & gold BBB strap to accent the gold resin on the top of the cups there.

Chef's kiss.

That's seriously right down my alley. In fact, if I didn't already have an AO and had just placed an order for a murdered-out VO (blackwood w/ black hardware), I'd be all over that one.

I need to look away. You all are a bad influence on me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back