ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Dec 2, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #5,311 of 6,271
Yeah, I'm with you on that! Atrium are my go-to for for Prog-Metal music.

GZWQgrj.jpg
Atrium are my go to for everything music 😆

Dec 2, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #5,312 of 6,271
I am so curious if the incoming Atrium Open can replace my Caldera and AC for everydays casual listen. While I highly ebjoy both, they just draw too much attention to listen to them during work, Caldera with its energy and detail and AC with its powerful bass (yep thats how I justified another ZMF headphone purchase ha)

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #5,313 of 6,271
I am so curious if the incoming Atrium Open can replace my Caldera and AC for everydays casual listen. While I absolutely love both they just draw too much attention to listen to them during work, Caldera with its energy and detail and AC with its powerful bass (yep thats how I justified another ZMF headphone purchase ha)
'No, no, you don't understand...I'm buying these $2,500 headphones because hopefully I can ignore them better than my other ones!'
(I can't talk, it's part of why I haven't been able to part with my Classics)

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #5,314 of 6,271
I am so curious if the incoming Atrium Open can replace my Caldera and AC for everydays casual listen. While I highly ebjoy both, they just draw too much attention to listen to them during work, Caldera with its energy and detail and AC with its powerful bass (yep thats how I justified another ZMF headphone purchase ha)

I'd bet my house that you'll be grabbing the Atrium Open for more than just casual listening. Haven't tried the Caldera yet, but I can vouch for the Atrium – nearly two years in, and they still manage to blow my mind every single day!

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #5,315 of 6,271
Auteur Classic May fit the bill better for background listening activity

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #5,316 of 6,271
Too late, AO is already on order. But thanks for giving me more smart ideas hahaa!

On a more serious note, heard many great things about Ateur, definitly want to try it one day.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #5,317 of 6,271

I don't think they will replace, but definitely add..

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #5,318 of 6,271
I don't think they will replace, but definitely add..
That really can’t be answered by anybody other than the person listening as everyone has their own tastes. I took a flyer and bought an AO with the mindset of 50-50 I would keep it or sell it as I had never heard it before. I’ve been running at 24/7 for a little more than 100 hours now and gave a listen. Shocked the heck out of me. I can’t believe how good it is. I listen to mostly classic rock, and man it is so good for this genre. The most surprising thing is the bass. I mean like really good impact and detail. I don’t mean like people that say the Susvara has good bass with proper amplification. I’m sorry, but that’s not bass.

The detail and placement is excellent as well. I’m sure all is will only get better with another 50 or 100 hours on it as well as putting it on my main system instead of breaking it in with a DAP and a headphone amp.

Dec 2, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #5,319 of 6,271
That really can’t be answered by anybody other than the person listening as everyone has their own tastes. I took a flyer and bought an AO with the mindset of 50-50 I would keep it or sell it as I had never heard it before. I’ve been running at 24/7 for a little more than 100 hours now and gave a listen. Shocked the heck out of me. I can’t believe how good it is. I listen to mostly classic rock, and man it is so good for this genre. The most surprising thing is the bass. I mean like really good impact and detail. I don’t mean like people that say the Susvara has good bass with proper amplification. I’m sorry, but that’s not bass.

The detail and placement is excellent as well. I’m sure all is will only get better with another 50 or 100 hours on it as well as putting it on my main system instead of breaking it in with a DAP and a headphone amp.
Sounds like you got some good advice. :wink:

Dec 2, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #5,320 of 6,271
Sounds like you got some good advice. :wink:
Who was that mask man? :)

Btw, only reason I put the Susvars reference in there was because it is loved by so many people, but I was just trying to illustrate that not everyone does and everyone has their own tastes.

I’m on a roll. I’ve gone through so many headphones, but my last two, the AO and the OG D8000 are winners.

Dec 2, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #5,321 of 6,271
That really can’t be answered by anybody other than the person listening as everyone has their own tastes.

Definitely!

For myself, I have all 3 and can’t think of letting any go. They each give me pleasure with their own unique qualities

Shocked the heck out of me. I can’t believe how good it is. I listen to mostly classic rock, and man it is so good for this genre. The most surprising thing is the bass. I mean like really good impact and detail

The mid bass on the AO is just amazing. Definitely the go-to for classic rock!

I’ve switched to the Cladera Ultra Perf pads a few months ago and got reinvigorated with this fresh tuning that I really love. Opened things up, improved resolution, and the already great soundstage became even better.

Dec 3, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #5,322 of 6,271
Whoops, wrong thread...

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 1:49 AM Post #5,323 of 6,271
Too late, AO is already on order. But thanks for giving me more smart ideas hahaa!

On a more serious note, heard many great things about Ateur, definitly want to try it one day.
Heya, congrats on the order! Something to consider for the future if you haven't had a chance to try them: for me, the best 'work' headphone I had on the zmf lineup was the Aeolus. The AC & Caldera are by far my pic when i'm home and want everything a TOTL headphone can bring, but when I need something in the background that sill sounds great, it was the Aeolus.

Just throwing out an idea!

Dec 6, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #5,324 of 6,271

Actually I ever had some ideas to purchase Auteur for more casual listening session. However what prevent me was not the tonality or amount of detail from Auteur (which excellent), but the imaging was too small for me when compared to its bigger brothers. (Auteur classic is definitely improvement over Auteur OG for soundstage and imaging though).

Having said that, the other contenders such Focal Clear MG and Audeze MM500 have even more intimate imaging. So still a no go from me.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #5,325 of 6,271
…from Auteur (which excellent), but the imaging was too small for me when compared to its bigger brothers. (Auteur classic is definitely improvement over Auteur OG for soundstage and imaging though)…
Agree. Atrium is more open/airy/spacious than either Auteur. But for more of that, HEK and Expanse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back