Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #25,666 of 35,472
After 28h of burning in and I can say that I like Joyroom E107! They are so flipping tiny yet able to produce a powerful sound, where the heck does it come from??? :) Nice punchy bass, clear vocals and good highs, a real bargain!

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #25,668 of 35,472
@carltonh I ordered stuff from multiple supplies during the aliexpress anniversary sales, I almost got every order except my easy m2 and items going thru ISC Chicago.

Having Bose ultra, Sendiy m2, Sony Xba-1, Puro iem500, and beat tour2 at home, I would rank my iems as follow: Xba-1, m2, Puro (a little hard to drive), beat tour , and Bose ultra. So, I hope easy m2 would be as good as Sendiy m2.

I won't touch the Xba-1 until I recently replaced them with comply foam tips. I guess the foam tips help getting the warm sound and bass. I almost put those in a trash but repurposed them as earphones for online training.

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #25,669 of 35,472
  .....My HLSX 8MM are here! I'll be posting some pictures and reviews after I burn them in for a 100 hours.

Probably by next week!  
etysmile.gif

Easy uploaded new colors/new design's cable.
normal_smile .gif

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #25,670 of 35,472
I understood, but other headphones that you can recommend about the price $ 18
Best buy will be piston 3 , if i'm listening to rap and i don't have EQ?
How are KZ headphones in-ear?

If you're listening to almost exclusively rap you could go with the kz zs1, the zn1 mini or the zs2. Some people have fit issues, but not me. If you were after one sub $20 to be your jack of all trades I'd easily recommend the joyroom e107. If you wanted to also look at the KZ ATE and the ED9 both of those are available on Amazon as well as ali (I guess it depends on where you're located though)

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #25,671 of 35,472
  I know that many people like the Rock Zircon, which is why I got rather disappointed by them. I do not like them at all. Throw a bit extra cash at the Sendiy/Easy M2. It is definitely worth it!

Did you tip roll?

Apr 15, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #25,672 of 35,472
After 28h of burning in and I can say that I like Joyroom E107! They are so flipping tiny yet able to produce a powerful sound, where the heck does it come from??? :) Nice punchy bass, clear vocals and good highs, a real bargain!

Micro drivers are an untapped gem. Everyone is always surprised at the bass and general sound output they can produce. There's a reason it's my favorite driver type. They can do pretty much everything! And yes, some will distort under eq. Good ones will not. I would love to see a hybrid that uses a 6mm for bass and mids, with the BA relegated to treble duty. Would allow for a tiny housing and still offer up the best of both worlds; DD bass, lush mids, hyper accurate treble. One day...

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #25,674 of 35,472
I received the 2015 Easy UE Custom IEM today. They sounded very good right out of the box. This is the link to the product details page on Aliexpress,
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7417936039.html?orderId=73465121409617

The product descriptions on that page were a little confusing. I think the earphones I got only have single dynamic driver in each shell. But none the less the sound is pretty impressive. I did a quick side-by-side compare to Z03A (also bought from Easy) and I like the sound of UE better (mids, highs, and soundstage).

As the webpage said, these UEs are hand-made and it took more than a week before they can ship from the factory. But the long wait is really worth it. The UEs also look pretty handsome. I switched to a pair of UE900 cables. I don't think I can hear the sound difference between cables but the UE900 cables are more comfortable. But they cost $46, a little more than the cost of UEs. So now I have a pair of $90 earphones that really rock.

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #25,675 of 35,472
  Did you tip roll?

Yes, I did. Tip rolling can change the sound signature quite a bit, but not the quality of the sound. And no matter what other people say, I just don't think that the quality is very good. The bass is loose and slow, and the details are not there in the upper frequencies either.  Mind you that I am comparing to what I hear from earphones costing 5 times as much, as the Zircons is the only pair I have owned in that price range. I just think that for almost everyone it is worth it to spend a little extra. 

Apr 16, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #25,676 of 35,472
Yes, I did. Tip rolling can change the sound signature quite a bit, but not the quality of the sound. And no matter what other people say, I just don't think that the quality is very good. The bass is loose and slow, and the details are not there in the upper frequencies either.  Mind you that I am comparing to what I hear from earphones costing 5 times as much, as the Zircons is the only pair I have owned in that price range. I just think that for almost everyone it is worth it to spend a little extra. 

I agree with you about the Zircon, they're just meh to me. I'm a bit surprised they've gained that kind of praise but ymmw (and obviously does).

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #25,678 of 35,472
Hi, need a little help with LZ-z03a. I feel like the treble is little harsh for me or i think its the high mid spikes, I am very new to these so may be i am not able to explain clearly. Is there some way to tone it down a little??
I feel the drums sound a little tinny (thin sound like tin cans) or is it only me?? 
Any suggestions.
Thanks

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #25,679 of 35,472
  Hi, need a little help with LZ-z03a. I feel like the treble is little harsh for me or i think its the high mid spikes, I am very new to these so may be i am not able to explain clearly. Is there some way to tone it down a little??
I feel the drums sound a little tinny (thin sound like tin cans) or is it only me?? 
Any suggestions.
Thanks

Try comply's or narrow bore and long eartips. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back