[FiiO K9 AKM]FiiO Desktop DAC and Headphone Amplifier K9 AKM Is Officially Released!
Mar 27, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #76 of 107
So you can get old K9 Pro ESS for about 700$ on AliExpress, when K9 AKM is 500$. They are very similar in features, even amplifier should be the same. The only difference is DAC from other company. Looks like the new model is more attractive to buy?

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #77 of 107
So you can get old K9 Pro ESS for about 700$ on AliExpress, when K9 AKM is 500$. They are very similar in features, even amplifier should be the same. The only difference is DAC from other company. Looks like the new model is more attractive to buy?
Don't confuse the K9 ESS with K9 Pro ESS they are different K9 Pro ESS is much more expensive than the K9 ESS or K9 AKM.
As whether you buy K9 ESS or K9 AKM depends on what flavour you want your music to be. K9 ESS punchy very well controlled bass and very clean sounding vs smooth and slightly warm K9 AKM :relaxed:

Mar 28, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #78 of 107
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #79 of 107
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #81 of 107
You said much more expensive model, 800€ is not too far from 700$, it was this price on AliExpress yesterday
I'm not looking to argue with you the K9 Pro on AliExpress is the same price it's always been around ($1300 AUD) or about 40% more than a K9 ESS, anyway whatever.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #83 of 107
I'm looking to argue with you the K9 Pro on AliExpress is the same price it's always been around ($1300 AUD) or about 40% more than a K9 ESS, anyway whatever.
Okay, here's a screenshot. Prices are in roubles. They have reviews so it's certainly k9 pro ess
1000029714.jpg

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #85 of 107
@FiiO @Ichos

Hello.
Fiio K9 AKM stopped working, I can't make sound, I turn it on and the USB light just blinks but doesn't stay on, the device is completely turned off, what could have happened yesterday, it was working normally but today this happened?

Yesterday I listened to music for 8 hours straight, everything was normal, then I turned it off using the back button, everything was normal and the next day today I went to turn it on to listen but it didn't turn on, I thought it was the fuse but I checked it was normal, but I still changed it as a test and it didn't solve it, the USB light just blinks quickly and nothing else, everything is off, no lights, no sound, new device only has 3 days since it arrived for me. :slight_frown:

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:16 AM Post #86 of 107
@FiiO @Ichos

Hello.
Fiio K9 AKM stopped working, I can't make sound, I turn it on and the USB light just blinks but doesn't stay on, the device is completely turned off, what could have happened yesterday, it was working normally but today this happened?

Yesterday I listened to music for 8 hours straight, everything was normal, then I turned it off using the back button, everything was normal and the next day today I went to turn it on to listen but it didn't turn on, I thought it was the fuse but I checked it was normal, but I still changed it as a test and it didn't solve it, the USB light just blinks quickly and nothing else, everything is off, no lights, no sound, new device only has 3 days since it arrived for me. :slight_frown:
Hi, I think that only @FiiO can chime in and help. Sounds like have entered some kind of protection mode. Maybe it needs some kind of hardware reset.

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #87 of 107
@FiiO @Ichos

Hello.

Did you use the power switch on the back, to shut it off completely? If not then try it after 5 min again.

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #90 of 107
Maybe the DAC died, if the other inputs working RCA?
In any case contact your seller or Fiio for guarantee.
But to do this, the device should at least turn on the light around the volume knob, but no LED light here, nothing works, only the USB light that flashes when you move the rear button.

Our new device arrived just 3 days ago, very sad. :slight_frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back