HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Dec 28, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #1,741 of 3,445
  I also follow your way now for any new cable purchase. It is easier to get quality hirose female than trrs female.

My Koss Porta pro are terminated in Hirose. I can use them balanced or single ended, with anything I have. The biggest change in balanced, to me, is the HD650. Unbalanced I can't listen to them. Balanced they totally change and are dynamic, more transparent and the bass is much more controlled and not too warm and bloated. 

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #1,742 of 3,445
My Koss Porta pro are terminated in Hirose. I can use them balanced or single ended, with anything I have. The biggest change in balanced, to me, is the HD650. Unbalanced I can't listen to them. Balanced they totally change and are dynamic, more transparent and the bass is much more controlled and not too warm and bloated. 

Based on my untrained ears, i find that hd650 benefits more from cable upgrade and proper amplification. Having said that, i am listening to them with 901 balance to see if the new firmware has any SQ changes as I type.
I just sent in my VISO HP50 for balance mod and cable upgrade, looks likt there is no need to hardwire also! Fun times.

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #1,743 of 3,445
Maybe but I balanced the stock cable and to my ear, heard a nice improvement in sound. Good amps are normally always a benefit but I agree, some phones are more needy than others. 

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #1,745 of 3,445
  Can you post a link to the new 1.084 firmware  ? or has it just been sent to you from the support of hifiman 

I cannot see it on the website

Regards

Nick Hayes 

I put the info right in the thread title! :^)

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #1,747 of 3,445
I just upgraded to 1.84 and the playback has issues in the beginning of the first track you play (or when you jump of tracks), it seems like a little "fade in", or the very beginning of the track missed, that ruins the first beat of some tracks. So if you wanna hear the beginning of an album as it's intended you should set the repeat all, then go to the last seconds to the last track of the album and then wait till the album restart automatically and then the first track will sound complete. Not happy.

In the other hand the UI seems more fluent, when you reach the bottom immediately goes to the beginning of the listing.

The CUE support still restart endlessly the player.

Edit: Definitely going back to 1.82 

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #1,748 of 3,445
Based on my untrained ears, i find that hd650 benefits more from cable upgrade and proper amplification. Having said that, i am listening to them with 901 balance to see if the new firmware has any SQ changes as I type.
I just sent in my VISO HP50 for balance mod and cable upgrade, looks likt there is no need to hardwire also! Fun times.

Who upgraded the Viso?

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #1,749 of 3,445
@ Nick

Copy the download link and paste it in your browser and push enter. Then download will start. Do not unzip the file, but copy it to a SDHC card (FAT32) and do the procedure.

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #1,751 of 3,445
I just upgraded to 1.84 and the playback has issues in the beginning of the first track you play (or when you jump of tracks), it seems like a little "fade in", or the very beginning of the track missed, that ruins the first beat of some tracks. So if you wanna hear the beginning of an album as it's intended you should set the repeat all, then go to the last seconds to the last track of the album and then wait till the album restart automatically and then the first track will sound complete. Not happy.

In the other hand the UI seems more fluent, when you reach the bottom immediately goes to the beginning of the listing.

The CUE support still restart endlessly the player.

Edit: Definitely going back to 1.82 

I must say I experienced the same restarting. Only difference is my CUE support was off. Still happened. It only stopped if I either remove the battery or the SD card when shutting down.

I reinstalled a few times but the problem kept recurring. Back to FW 1.082...

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,753 of 3,445
  Can someone please up load the 1084 firmware for the HM901  and provide a link to download THE CHINA website is slow and does not do a full download

Thank you

Nick Hayes 

Nick I mirrored in a couple of pages back
http://www.head-fi.org/t/656138/hifiman-hm-901-factory-visit-pg-18-imgs-pg-19-fw-new-1-084-pg-115-what-cards-are-you-using/1710#post_10100632

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #1,754 of 3,445
Anyone knows if Hifiman sells battery back covers and if so where I can buy them from? I can't find it in the accessories of the head-direct or hifiman.cn pages?

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #1,755 of 3,445
This summer I saw battery covers at Head-Direct's shop on Taobao / Tmall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back