HM-901
Sep 1, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #1,936 of 3,522
Hi guys

I followed my friend's recommendation to try out the KORG Audio Gate software to rip CD into DSD format (the output files are in .dff). This is just a little experiment to see how the generated files will be different to normal WAV files from EAC (it is Sunday after all... LoL). I may have read somewhere that 901 supports this file format.  it turned out the files could not be displayed when browsing the files using "SD card" menu selection. I believe my firmware is Kernel Version K2.9 and UI version 1.080. Could anyone gives some hints on this?

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #1,937 of 3,522
Hi guys

I followed my friend's recommendation to try out the KORG Audio Gate software to rip CD into DSD format (the output files are in .dff). This is just a little experiment to see how the generated files will be different to normal WAV files from EAC (it is Sunday after all... LoL). I may have read somewhere that 901 supports this file format.  it turned out the files could not be displayed when browsing the files using "SD card" menu selection. I believe my firmware is Kernel Version K2.9 and UI version 1.080. Could anyone gives some hints on this?

You mean SACD right?

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #1,939 of 3,522
Hi guys

The firmware has to be upgraded to 1.081 I think. Btw, why aren't these firmware updates broadcasted to US customers?

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #1,940 of 3,522
Quote:
The firmware has to be upgraded to 1.081 I think. Btw, why aren't these firmware updates broadcasted to US customers?

Thanks... FYI, I can find it under the news section of Head-Direct which I purchased the 901 from... It said BETA version, so maybe I will wait for a more stable version before trying... Thanks for the pointer.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #1,944 of 3,522
its just an experiment.. I will re-try again once a stable firmware with dsd support is released...

If you're interested there are a few sites with a few free DSD downloads that I've tried that are really good. I have a few from when I tried them with my AK120.

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,945 of 3,522
Quote:
If you're interested there are a few sites with a few free DSD downloads that I've tried that are really good. I have a few from when I tried them with my AK120.

Yes, please... thanks! are you using the latest beta firmware as well? is it stable enough?

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #1,947 of 3,522
Quote:
http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

They have great DSD files on that website. Try em out!

I haven't upgraded my 901 to DSD beta yet, but I have used these DSDs with the AK120

awesome, thanks... the correct format for 901 should be DSD 64 or 128?

is the DSD native or PCM conversion?  sorry, I should have asked all these questions before purchase....

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #1,950 of 3,522
Don't bother with DSD playback for now, it's not working well (lots of noise). Better wait for the next stable firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back