Introducing MOMENTUM 4 Wireless
Sep 23, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #618 of 688
Hey all,

New owner of these. They are great anc headphones. Best the xm5 by a mile and even aonic 50. Question though: anyone found a replacement esrpad they like? I don't love the pads on these.

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #622 of 688
Recently I’ve finally been using them for phone calls with my iPhone. Wow… so much better than using my AirPods which would always disconnect at times and do a ‘bluetooth garble’ where I can’t hear the person for up to 10 seconds before returning back to normal. Both these issues don’t happen at all when using these headphones for calls. I wonder why these would connect better over AirPods on an iPhone (iPhone 13 in my case).

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #624 of 688
My headphones are now starting to generate the ‘Bluetooth garble’ at times now too with my iPhone 13, but much much less so and for a much shorter period than my AirPods (3rd gen). It must be my iPhone’s bluetooth connection causing the issue. Definitely prefer the Momentum’s for phone calls though over my AirPods for many reasons, including comfort.

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #625 of 688
My headphones are now starting to generate the ‘Bluetooth garble’ at times now too with my iPhone 13, but much much less so and for a much shorter period than my AirPods (3rd gen). It must be my iPhone’s bluetooth connection causing the issue. Definitely prefer the Momentum’s for phone calls though over my AirPods for many reasons, including comfort.

Hi @timmo1 - seeing that you're hearing it on multiple headphones indeed logically points to the phone. To be certain I always try the headphones on a few other devices and through a few different apps for process of elimination. Glad you're enjoying the M4!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Oct 15, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #627 of 688
Hi,

Scratching my head over this: is it worth buying external headphone dac such as audioquest dragon fly red to get most of my new M4’s?

if wired and turned on (i need to have anc) AND connected via dragonfly (or similar) to my laptop, will it use dragonfly chip instead of headphones dac ?

Source will be my laptop with spotify and/or local audio files.

I read this thread and know i can use both usb and 3,5mm connection for wire.

If no benefit from adding dragonfly i will just enjoy streaming over BT and usb to pc.

Please can anyone advise on my dilemma?

Thanks

Oct 15, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #628 of 688
Hi,

Scratching my head over this: is it worth buying external headphone dac such as audioquest dragon fly red to get most of my new M4’s?

if wired and turned on (i need to have anc) AND connected via dragonfly (or similar) to my laptop, will it use dragonfly chip instead of headphones dac ?

Source will be my laptop with spotify and/or local audio files.

I read this thread and know i can use both usb and 3,5mm connection for wire.

If no benefit from adding dragonfly i will just enjoy streaming over BT and usb to pc.

Please can anyone advise on my dilemma?

Thanks
Uh so Bluetooth headphone NEED to use the Bluetooth dac. So if you're using BT then don't worry about external dac. It's not possible to use external dac with BT mode.

As for wired mode, I tried the wired mode on Momentum 4 it's not as nice. I think the BT dac does some sound correction to make it sound better, wired mode does not have that sound correction.

Since its intended to be used as BT headphone so it's tuned with the BT sound correction in mind.

Bottom line is just use BT mode it sound the best and if you're battery is running low just use the usb chord to charge but don't use wired mode if that makes sense lol.

Tested on my Lyr 3, I also have Dragonfly Red myself too.

PXL_20221030_142750098.jpg

PXL_20221030_142923770.jpg

PXL_20221028_184606233.jpg

Oct 15, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #630 of 688
uhm..sorry to be a pest but i was thinking wired connection via dragonfly to pc and disabling BT / elimanate headphones dac. Perhaps that´s not possible and BT dac is always on? Could you please try that?
Lol no worries. But yes that's possible but it sounds WORSE wired than bluetooth mode, also when wired you lose noise cancelling function lol.

At that point I would say just use a wired headphone or something lol.

Reason being this headphone natively isn't very well tuned so they compensate by using EQ natively built in with the BT dac. At that point the headphone actually sounds quite good.

But because this reason wired mode is subpar. If you want wire I would actually say use a cheapo Bose or something. Like my old Boss SoundTrue actually sounded better wired and it's dirt cheap these days lol (Momentum 4 BT mode sound better though).

PXL_20221030_142840435.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back