he basically said, "its very bright"
more like looking directly at the sun imo

20221101_131757.jpg

Painful

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #60,527 of 63,999
more like looking directly at the sun imo

20221101_131757.jpg

Painful
Stellaris is upper-mid hot with treble peaks, and weirdly dark at same time….
I wouldn’t expect this kind of tuning from Moondrop brand. A planar spec is there, simply wasted.

Dec 8, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #60,528 of 63,999
Stellaris is upper-mid hot with treble peaks, and weirdly dark at same time….
I wouldn’t expect this kind of tuning from Moondrop brand. A planar spec is there, simply wasted.

Not only is the Stellaris overly bright, but the timbre is quite off. And the fit is a mega issue, due to the too long nozzles and heavy shells.

But otherwise, if fitted well, the Stellaris is actually one of the most technical of the current planar crop, just that the tuning and fit are double whammies.

Dec 8, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #60,529 of 63,999
1174DE0A-F0E7-49B5-9423-D551E4F9B790.jpeg

Listening to AS10. Not particularly bad except a little rough bass. As a modern IEM, it’s probably not gonna be counted as “good”, but back in 2018 when this came out, I still remember I was fairly surprised!

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #60,530 of 63,999
Not only is the Stellaris overly bright, but the timbre is quite off. And the fit is a mega issue, due to the too long nozzles and heavy shells.

But otherwise, if fitted well, the Stellaris is actually one of the most technical of the current planar crop, just that the tuning and fit are double whammies.
First let off from MD, sigh..yea technical it is. So I still rated 4/5 on review. Maybe the tuning would fit to someone.

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #60,532 of 63,999
Anyone else with the PR1 Pro noticing a better soundstage and imaging over the PLA13/PR1 Hifi? It doesn't make sense and shouldn't really be possible if it's the same driver, but that's what im perceiving (no A/B test though).
I have both of them (HiFi and Pro) and I can confirm that there's a subtle difference in soundstage.
The driver is not exactly the same (KZ claims that in the Pro version it's slightly taller), but IMHO the main culprit is the change in nozzle angle between the two models.
I can notice the difference even when I wear them.
The HiFi with the supplied eartip falls out of my ear in not more than a couple of seconds.
The Pro (same tip as above) stays more firmly in my canals (but still cannot seal them, so I'm currently using foam tips and/or the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC).

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #60,534 of 63,999
Idk why. KZ loves butter full BAs but still does V planar. Why are they not trying to mimic Tangzu success
KZ tend to be micro-detailed (analytical V-shape) IEM maker, they’ve tried to cast a macro-dynamic orientated (musical) but only had a lukewarm appreciation to my impression. The sales volume. That’s KZ’s trauma I guess. KZ musicality is shown in AST, a basshead tuning, of which it couldn’t obtain a mainstream’s support. KZ’s mainstream tuning is what ZAS has to offer at the current product model, the advanced KZ V —KZ W — which will work great with mainstream genres. CRA/CRA+ also follow that W tuning with more elevations.

Maybe it’s hard to shift to fully musical direction.

It’s my personal speculation that KZ’s strategic strengths (it’s fading though) is multi-BA, equipped with their solid partnership with Bellsing, and for that KZ has pricing and cost initiatives to compete with others. That doesn’t mean they could sit there forever, so KZ still need to seed their new segment on the new planar wave (primarily from one ODM’s various planar drivers), of which with reasons mentioned above, they couldn’t swing it to the musical one but to shift to “detail” oriented colorations.

Dec 9, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #60,536 of 63,999
Why isn't anyone getting the CXS? It's not KZ / CCA V anymore. It on the same level as the NFAudio NM2+/NA2+ at 1/10 the cost IMHO just tuned differently. I bet the FLA is tuned similarly.
I think I'm burned out on releases. I love the PR1 Pro, but with the Aful, Cadenza, and Hexa also coming, it's hard to justify yet another set.

As soon as I finished writing that I ordered the FLA and CXS. lol
I tried to convince myself I didn't need them, but the price and tuning is hard to pass up.

Dec 9, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #60,537 of 63,999
I think I'm burned out on releases. I love the PR1 Pro, but with the Aful, Cadenza, and Hexa also coming, it's hard to justify yet another set.

I tried to convince myself I didn't need them, but the price and tuning is hard to pass up.
a modded cxs graph, akros and tony tex mod
You change the filter on back of DD , 400 grade and noozle filter is Moondrop ARIA filter, Tony Tex

1670644109881.png

Dec 10, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #60,538 of 63,999

do you have eartips recomendation for PR1Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back