New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
Mar 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #511 of 834
I received mine not too long ago. So far, I'm extremely impressed with how it sounds with the HE6. I was previously using my home theater receiver and it kept cutting in/out. At first I thought I got a defective pair of headphones, but the Schiit Lyr fixed all my issues. And I apologize in advance for the terrible quality of this photo. I should really look into getting a digital camera.

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #513 of 834
The Lyr is a miracle, and a cruel mistress. Bad recordings sound bad, mediocre recordings sound good, great recordings sound incredible. But it's not analytical, it's just... politely truthful. Incredible blend of tube pleasure and SS accuracy. And saying this with dynamic phones (Denon, Grado), still haven't received my payment req for LCD-2s. JMHO.

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #514 of 834
Do I spot an old school A-10 joystick?

Edit: Nm I see directional pad.
Quote:
I received mine not too long ago. So far, I'm extremely impressed with how it sounds with the HE6. I was previously using my home theater receiver and it kept cutting in/out. At first I thought I got a defective pair of headphones, but the Schiit Lyr fixed all my issues. And I apologize in advance for the terrible quality of this photo. I should really look into getting a digital camera.

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #515 of 834
I received my Lyr last night. Plugged her in and let her warm up. I listened with my LCD-2's. I haven't even tried my D-7000's yet. I haven't wanted to
smily_headphones1.gif
. This Lyr is a very fine sounding amp. It puts more meat on the bones and like someone above stated it is very muscular and confident but handles delicacies with great ease and fidelity. The Lyr really brought my LCD-2's to life and man what power! I can crank this thing up til my eyes pop out
biggrin.gif
. My LCD-2's sound much thicker and richer and I notice that the treble is more forward just enough now whereas it seemed a shade receded through the Woo and Mac preamp.
 The fit and finish on this amp is first rate. Very heavy and robust feeling amp, with high quality RCA connections and smooth accurate volume control. It's just a beautiful amp. 
I hated to take off my headphones last night but I had to get to bed. More later after I try the Denon cans. So far...LOVE the Lyr! Great work Jason!

Mar 13, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #516 of 834
My Lyr arrived around a week ago, but I just got around to taking a few picture of it. I figured I would share them.

Mar 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #517 of 834
Sweet!  Nice pics.

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #520 of 834
Quote:
That's an awesome headphone on top of your Lyr.

Yes they are. I have put my DT880's on maybe twice since I got these. I want to buy more cans, but it seems pointless, since I will probably never wear them either. I think I will hold off on new ones for the next ten years or so, until I can afford a pair of R-10's or HE-90. I have a pair of UM Miracles on order, so now I have at home and on the go covered.

Mar 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #521 of 834
Quote:
Well TruBrew, you've learned well. Get a decent dac and you are set.

I do need a DAC, I am not sure what yet. I may wait until Schiit makes one. I am also thinking Audio-GD. I don't really know how much I want to spend.

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #523 of 834
I bet the Lyr would look awesome on top of a Meier Stage DAC, the dimensions and aesthetics seem to be right anyways.

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #525 of 834

Quote:
After owning my Lyr for about a week this has happened...
Makes me very sad :frowning2:

What?  You mean the set screw on the volume know needs to be tightened?  
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back