New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
Mar 14, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #526 of 834

Quote:

What?  You mean the set screw on the volume know needs to be tightened?  
basshead.gif

I guess. There is a little black screw that's supposed to hold the knob in place and it's deep inside a crevice. I have no clue on how I'm supposed to tighten it. I'm contemplating whether or not I should just use some JB Weld and just put it in it's place. But first I'm going to have to see if that would void my warranty. I really would rather not have to send it in for repair.

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #528 of 834

Quote:
I guess. There is a little black screw that's supposed to hold the knob in place and it's deep inside a crevice. I have no clue on how I'm supposed to tighten it. I'm contemplating whether or not I should just use some JB Weld and just put it in it's place. But first I'm going to have to see if that would void my warranty. I really would rather not have to send it in for repair.

Don't even consider messing it up.  Call Jason and tell him what happened.  He'll know what size hex key or screwdriver fits so you can simply tighten it up again.

Edit:  It seems to be a 1.3mm hex key if it's the same as used on the Asgard.

Mar 14, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #533 of 834
Yipes! Alex, we'll send you a 1/16" allen wrench so you can tighten the knob. Sorry about that! Just PM us your shipping info, or email to jason@schiit.com.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 14, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #537 of 834
That is awesome. I am also glad you posted here before doing something hasty to that knob.

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #538 of 834
What would be a good usb dac for the lyr? I was thinking the music streamer II+ to use with my macbook, iMac. I don't need a dac for any other components, i just use either my ipod touch or one of my macs for listening.

Mar 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #539 of 834

Quote:
What would be a good usb dac for the lyr? I was thinking the music streamer II+ to use with my macbook, iMac. I don't need a dac for any other components, i just use either my ipod touch or one of my macs for listening.

If you have an Imac and a Macbook, you should get a good DAC with good Optical in, as the Mac computers have optical out. Optical is generally considered to be better sounding than USB. 

BTW, nice amp, Jason! The reviews look really good. The more clean power the better, IMO and apparently in yours as well. I can't wait to hear it with the HE-6, LCD-2, and other demanding cans.

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #540 of 834

Quote:
If you have an Imac and a Macbook, you should get a good DAC with good Optical in, as the Mac computers have optical out. Optical is generally considered to be better sounding than USB. 

BTW, nice amp, Jason! The reviews look really good. The more clean power the better, IMO and apparently in yours as well. I can't wait to hear it with the HE-6, LCD-2, and other demanding cans.

By using a mini toslink adapter? How would that be good quality if it goes into the headphone jack? And what do you think is a good dac then just for computer use I don't really want to spend more on anything I really won't be using. Thanks for your help. Can anyone else offer an opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back