Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Aug 10, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #601 of 3,339
I wish it had analog outs and ins to support a phono stage for example. I can only hope that one of the Statement DACs will have this feature.

Aug 10, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #602 of 3,339
I would like to see what the back of it looks like.

Aug 10, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #604 of 3,339
Base model will be a stripped down purpose built unit. This keeps quality high and price low. Don't expect more than a pair of RCA outputs on the back. Look for everything including the kitchen sink on the statement model, though.

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #605 of 3,339
Yes I would imagine debate/decision time is well over on the Bifrost, and I would bet you're right about the single output Maxvla.
I just want to see the back out of curiosity more than anything. Also looking for an announcement re the mid-grade unit's release date
popcorn.gif

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #606 of 3,339
Quote:
[...] Look for everything including the kitchen sink on the statement model, though.

I'm not expecting a load of bells and whistles on higher models and I don't think you should. More bells and whistles, sure, but certainly not "everything and the kitchen sink". It simply isn't Schiit's style. Just because the higher end models will cost more (than base model) does not mean they will throw the rest of the budget towards "features". That is my take on it. I'm prepared to be surprised but I am not expecting it.

Aug 10, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #607 of 3,339
Was just emailing back and forth wtih Schiit's only distributor at the moment, http://www.hideflifestyle.com/, the only have ONE preorder in.  no tax for californians.  their system isnt showing it, but it will be free shipping on schiit products. they dont charge your CC until shipment is ready and you can contact them at any time. theyre very responsive too. 

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #608 of 3,339

Quote:
The only thing stopping me from blindly ordering the Bifrost is the single RCA outputs. I wish it had two sets so I could output to the Lyr and my powered speakers separately.

You have a pair of outs on your Lyr...just run them to the powered speakers. 

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #609 of 3,339

Quote:
The only thing stopping me from blindly ordering the Bifrost is the single RCA outputs. I wish it had two sets so I could output to the Lyr and my powered speakers separately.

Why not simply use a good quality "Y" adapter?

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #610 of 3,339

Quote:
I wish it had analog outs and ins to support a phono stage for example. I can only hope that one of the Statement DACs will have this feature.

Wait a minute...
blink.gif
...We're talking about a DAC here, right?  We are not discussing pre-amps. 

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #611 of 3,339

Quote:
You have a pair of outs on your Lyr...just run them to the powered speakers. 

I use the line outs to drive secondary gear all the time.  The Lyr works very well for this purpose.

Aug 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #612 of 3,339
Very true. There are several "pre-amp" DACs that have RCA inputs though, e.g. Benchmark, Peachtree, Burson, Matrix Quattro, Maverick D1, etc.

Quote:
Wait a minute...
blink.gif
...We're talking about a DAC here, right?  We are not discussing pre-amps. 

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #615 of 3,339

Quote:
Very true. There are several "pre-amp" DACs that have RCA inputs though, e.g. Benchmark, Peachtree, Burson, Matrix Quattro, Maverick D1, etc.

Not to mention the new [size=x-small]Luxman DA-200.[/size]

Quote:
I would consider it a ADC rather than pre-amp if it had RCA ins (which I want).

Is this necessarily true? Does a USB input always work both ways, as an output as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back