Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Aug 11, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #617 of 3,339

Quote:
This doesn't degrade the signal at all?

The truthful answer to your question is; "it depends."

The practical answer to your question is; "probably not."

dependencies:
  • quality of line output driver
  • input load of devices being driven.  capacitive, inductive, and impedance loads.
  • quality of "Y" adapters used.

My "Y" adapters cause no discernible change in the performance of my system because...
  1. good drive capability of line out from my DAC
  2. good quality construction of my "Y" adapters
  3. very negligible load of the two devices I'm driving.

Aug 13, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #619 of 3,339

Quote:

Thanks Kevin, I had been wondering if a Y adapter may affect the sound for a while now.

Which one do you use?

One that's no longer made, as far as I know.  
frown.gif
  If I needed more, I would probably make them myself or pay somebody like ALO or Q-Audio to make them so I know they're done properly.

This one may be ok:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&cp=21&gs_id=c&xhr=t&q=y+adapter+audio+cable&qe=eSBhZGFwdGVyIGF1ZGlvIGNhYmxl&qesig=jNADubojACpeX7NG-lwHYg&pkc=AFgZ2tlEv3YSYBHmhOExAOolTUlRQkG3zE9BupfxhRwAiO6bLVHYOjMDnGZrgE6qLWBjALs7TS34F-vDLqN-gGXqBzGBB11XCg&nord=1&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&ion=1&biw=1270&bih=679&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13504841509383046859&sa=X&ei=ssVGTpb9LLOFsgL2oe2RCA&sqi=2&ved=0CEsQ8wIwAQ

This one might be ok:
http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Ultra-Adapter-2-Female-Subwoofer/dp/B005DL2OVE/ref=sr_1_45?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1313261431&sr=1-45

I would NOT recommend these.  They're very poorly made and regularly fall apart of their own accord.
http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=655

Aug 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #620 of 3,339
Ooohhh... aaaahhh! In terms of inputs/outputs this looks perfect for my needs. It even has balanced outs to go to my Rotel amp. Unfortunately it's way out of my budget range at this time. I'm going to have to read some reviews and start saving some $$.

Thanks for pointing this out to me.  
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Not to mention the new [size=x-small]Luxman DA-200.[/size]

Aug 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #621 of 3,339
Hey guys, bad news. The bifrost is almost certainly going to be delayed for at least some of us :frowning2:

Aug 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #625 of 3,339

Hey all,

I’m sorry to say that we’re going to have to move the Bifrost shipping date to September 30, rather than August 31, as we had initially planned.

What went wrong? Well, rather than a chassis problem this time, it’s a parts delay--in this case, the transformer. Our production run slipped, so they won’t be here until early September. When you add board production, assembly (surface mount, which we contract locally), and test time after that, it’s not going to ship before the end of September.

In proper Schiit fashion, here’s the FAQ:

Hey, I’ve already been waiting long enough! Gimme a refund!

Technically, this isn’t a question. And technically, we haven’t taken your money. But we totally understand--just email us and we’ll be happy to cancel your order.

I ordered on (insert date here). Do I still get in on the first run of Bifrost?

Yes! We planned for a very large first run, so we’re not in danger of going into backorder.

Does this mean that every single Bifrost is going to ship on September 30?

No. We actually produce Bifrost here in the USA on our own production line, which has a finite capacity. The earliest orders will be shipped first, and we don’t anticipate it will take more than a week or two after production starts to clear all the backorders.

Oh no! What can I possibly do while I wait for shipment?

Well, you can visit our “Balanced Amp Research & Valhalla Giveaway” thread in Sponsor Announcements and Deals. Let us know what you think about balanced headphones and amps, what kind of connections you need, and features you want. Everyone who responds before August 31, 2011 will be entered to win a Valhalla, and we’ll announce the winner, chosen by random drawing, in the following week.

All the best,

Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 14, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #626 of 3,339

Hey all,

I’m sorry to say that we’re going to have to move the Bifrost shipping date to September 30, rather than August 31, as we had initially planned.

What went wrong? Well, rather than a chassis problem this time, it’s a parts delay--in this case, the transformer. Our production run slipped, so they won’t be here until early September. When you add board production, assembly (surface mount, which we contract locally), and test time after that, it’s not going to ship before the end of September.

In proper Schiit fashion, here’s the FAQ:

Hey, I’ve already been waiting long enough! Gimme a refund!

Technically, this isn’t a question. And technically, we haven’t taken your money. But we totally understand--just email us and we’ll be happy to cancel your order.

I ordered on (insert date here). Do I still get in on the first run of Bifrost?

Yes! We planned for a very large first run, so we’re not in danger of going into backorder.

Does this mean that every single Bifrost is going to ship on September 30?

No. We actually produce Bifrost here in the USA on our own production line, which has a finite capacity. The earliest orders will be shipped first, and we don’t anticipate it will take more than a week or two after production starts to clear all the backorders.

Oh no! What can I possibly do while I wait for shipment?

Well, you can visit our “Balanced Amp Research & Valhalla Giveaway” thread in Sponsor Announcements and Deals. Let us know what you think about balanced headphones and amps, what kind of connections you need, and features you want. Everyone who responds before August 31, 2011 will be entered to win a Valhalla, and we’ll announce the winner, chosen by random drawing, in the following week.

All the best,

Jason

Glad I canceled mine and waiting on the higher end DAC

Aug 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #627 of 3,339
That is a bit soft Mr Scary. :). Dont you need multiple rigs?

I personally want to Bifrost to keep the Lyr company for when it gets moved off centre stage for the Schiit statement rig.

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #628 of 3,339
That is a bit soft Mr Scary. :). Dont you need multiple rigs?

I personally want to Bifrost to keep the Lyr company for when it gets moved off centre stage for the Schiit statement rig.

I decided that I would wait on the Higher end DAC and use my minimax for my guitar room setup I don't really need the Bifrost right now and hahaha I just spent 4 grand on guitar equipment so I kinda changed my priorities around

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #629 of 3,339
I was only teasing. I know that you are hanging out for the statement gear as well like me.

$4k on guitar gear. Ouch. You must play a mean tune. Way to go.

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #630 of 3,339
I was only teasing. I know that you are hanging out for the statement gear as well like me.

$4k on guitar gear. Ouch. You must play a mean tune. Way to go.

Yeah the nice thing about guitar equipment is for 500.00 you get a fully balanced piece of equipment with enough inputs and outputs to raise the dead bigger bang for the buck with audio production equipment as they are larger manufacturers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back