Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Mar 29, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #2,281 of 2,846
ELPV are reuniting in Waiting For Mjolnot ...

[Estragon, Lucky, Pozzo, Vladimir]

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #2,282 of 2,846
Considering this amp for my upgrade. Think it would pair well with my Atticus and LCD-3? And how well will my Topping DX7Pro work as a DAC for this? Will it be "enough" or feel underwhelming? :D
I'd say it depends on how closely the DX7Pro hews to your ideal DAC sound signature. In my experience, the Mjolnir will reveal the quirks of the gear up and down stream of the amp, so it will reveal the good and bad of any piece of equipment. How much it will underwhelm depends on the rest of your gear, probably, and vice versa.

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #2,285 of 2,846
Did I hear a rumor that Schiit is contemplating a smaller Mjolnir 3-like amp?
Jason mentioned that he WANTS to do a MJ3 in a Jot3 form factor but that all of his attempts to do so so far have failed.

But maybe.

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #2,287 of 2,846
Interesting amplifier but I’m not sure it’s my cup of tea. Very detailed sound with a great soundstage. I can’t quite put my finger on what is missing. Maybe the top end is slightly bright… but for me it lacks the emotional connection. Could also be bad synergy with my DAC.

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #2,289 of 2,846
Interesting amplifier but I’m not sure it’s my cup of tea. Very detailed sound with a great soundstage. I can’t quite put my finger on what is missing. Maybe the top end is slightly bright… but for me it lacks the emotional connection. Could also be bad synergy with my DAC.
Yea could be your combo, what dac are you pairing it with?

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #2,290 of 2,846
I'm really enjoying the Mjolnir 3. My prior amp up here was the mighty Niimbus, which is still amazing in its own right. It's now downstairs on the speaker rig. I'm running Yggdrasil plus with A2 and Unison - connected to Mjolnir by audio art xlr cables. I also have an audio art power cable connected to the Mjolnir as well. I'm listening on Utopia OG headphones. It's enjoyable.

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #2,292 of 2,846

Attachments

• IMG_6403.jpeg
    IMG_6403.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Mar 29, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #2,293 of 2,846
I'm really enjoying the Mjolnir 3. My prior amp up here was the mighty Niimbus, which is still amazing in its own right. It's now downstairs on the speaker rig. I'm running Yggdrasil plus with A2 and Unison - connected to Mjolnir by audio art xlr cables. I also have an audio art power cable connected to the Mjolnir as well. I'm listening on Utopia OG headphones. It's enjoyable.
Glad you liked your unit. It does micro dynamics exceptionally well. I can hear floorboards creaking, fingers sliding up and down the guitar. Good stuff. I’ll try some power cords and see if I can fatten up that midrange a bit. It definitely has a lot of redeeming qualities. Nimbus is on my list of amps to audition.

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #2,294 of 2,846
Well... I did it.

Schiit_Purchase_01.jpg

Now the waiting begins. What's the latest word on how long these orders are taking? Still around two months?

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #2,295 of 2,846
I noticed a nice improvement throwing a wireworld straus on my Yggy. Flux came with a custom Neotech NEP-5002 so I didnt compare with a stock cable but I'm sure it's an improvement, too as amps benefit a good deal from better power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back