Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #2,266 of 2,846
haha lot of people say "wow you must be rich" but its more like "sorry I have a bad spending habit through a hobby"
exactly!

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #2,268 of 2,846
Same! It’s like a drug, but at least I can recuperate some of my money.
I pass on my best old gear to my son, but, then we resell what his new hand-me-downs are. So, I got to recoup a little bit this time from him.

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #2,269 of 2,846
Just a reminder, this is an impressions thread. That is, it's for posting listening impressions.

It's not:
A thread about Schiit's shipping times. This just becomes useless noise. Someone reading the thread will not care about whether or not there was a shipping delay months or years before.
A thread about audio budgets (unless related to impressions vs. gear that is more or less expensive).

People look through impressions threads so they can find:
Impressions with different headphones.
Impressions with different DACs.
Impressions about the different settings with different set-ups.
Impressions about about the sound before and after run-in and before and after the amp has warmed up.
Impressions compared to other amps.
Other relevant impressions of the sound.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #2,270 of 2,846
Just a reminder, this is an impressions thread. That is, it's for posting listening impressions.

It's not:
A thread about Schiit's shipping times. This just becomes useless noise. Someone reading the thread will not care about whether or not there was a shipping delay months or years before.
A thread about audio budgets (unless related to impressions vs. gear that is more or less expensive).

Impressions about about the sound before and after run-in and before and after the amp has warmed up.

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
Are you new to head-fi? 😂

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #2,271 of 2,846

It's not:

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Just buy ..... :ksc75smile:

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #2,272 of 2,846
Then again .... without shipping (and the related time), there can be no impressions ... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #2,273 of 2,846
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #2,274 of 2,846
Mar 28, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #2,275 of 2,846
I had to skip ahead to Norne and be done with it. $250 - $450 range of cables. The cheap cables are decent, dont get me wrong, i was just obsessing with it. Decided to go bigger and be finished.
This one was $429, and it's ~ 40% silver content made with 3 types of cabling. Pure OCC copper, pure silver intertwined with pure copper (candy cane), and silver/copper alloy.
Unbeatable value as this dude is 17awg.

norne.jpg
You have your cable all coiled and wrapped up in your arm like if your where Scorpio from MK or Spawn.

Mar 28, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #2,276 of 2,846
Mar 28, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #2,277 of 2,846
haha lot of people say "wow you must be rich" but its more like "sorry I have a bad spending habit through a hobby"
First step, acknowledge one has a problem.

me: "Hello, my name is artur9 and I am an audiophile."
audience in school basement: "Welcome, artur9!"

Mar 29, 2024 at 12:55 AM Post #2,278 of 2,846
The hobby is buying and then left the thing(s) bought behind after few days ......

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:42 AM Post #2,279 of 2,846

It's not:

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀
I wholeheartedly agree, but this could be shared in every thread on Head-Fi after every ten pages. Futile effort, unfortunately.

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #2,280 of 2,846
Did I hear a rumor that Schiit is contemplating a smaller Mjolnir 3-like amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back