Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #2,251 of 2,724
Considering this amp for my upgrade. Think it would pair well with my Atticus and LCD-3? And how well will my Topping DX7Pro work as a DAC for this? Will it be "enough" or feel underwhelming? :D

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #2,252 of 2,724
Finally got a reply MJ3 is going home again. :disappointed:
That sucks, but atleast it’s getting fixed up. Hopefully it will be the last time it has to go back. I’m curious what they had to say about the caps failing.

Mar 28, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #2,258 of 2,724
Schitt EU did a great job and I want to share my happiness with U here, on Tuesday my order shipped out and 2 days later MJ3 has arrived :) First impressions are fantastic. No coloration of sound, natural and punchy bass. In comparison to my custom OTL valve headamp, more details and clarity, never bright on the balanced output. I have listened to Focal Utopia through Chord Hugo MScaler +TT2, powered by batteries and marvelous Hegel P30 preamp. Starting burn in period for 4 days of continuous playing at a modest volume level. Each switch in it's lower position for now. Let's see later how it all goes as I am off in the mountains for Easter 🐣.

Mar 28, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #2,259 of 2,724
I have to disagree. My Periapt cable sounds veiled compared to the Appos Flow on HE1000v2 Stealth. YMMV I guess
Hey, came back to say you were absolutely right about the flow cable, my periapt cable certainly doesnt have the nice sheen that the flow cable has, holography also. Really good call by you, impressive lol the flow cable definitely settled in nicely after a few days of listening, so i take my remarks back, apos flow > periapt lol sad thing is that this little experiment is dragging further into the cable mess, now looking forward to finding a good forza noir hybrid in the used market as i would dread paying 300 bucks for a cable lol

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #2,260 of 2,724
Hey, came back to say you were absolutely right about the flow cable, my periapt cable certainly doesnt have the nice sheen that the flow cable has, holography also. Really good call by you, impressive lol the flow cable definitely settled in nicely after a few days of listening, so i take my remarks back, apos flow > periapt lol sad thing is that this little experiment is dragging further into the cable mess, now looking forward to finding a good forza noir hybrid in the used market as i would dread paying 300 bucks for a cable lol
I had to skip ahead to Norne and be done with it. $250 - $450 range of cables. The cheap cables are decent, dont get me wrong, i was just obsessing with it. Decided to go bigger and be finished.
This one was $429, and it's ~ 40% silver content made with 3 types of cabling. Pure OCC copper, pure silver intertwined with pure copper (candy cane), and silver/copper alloy.
Unbeatable value as this dude is 17awg.

norne.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #2,261 of 2,724
I had to skip ahead to Norne and be done with it. $250 - $450 range of cables. The cheap cables are decent, dont get me wrong, i was just obsessing with it. Decided to go bigger and be finished.
This one was $429, and it's ~ 40% silver content made with 3 types of cabling. Pure OCC copper, pure silver intertwined with pure copper (candy cane), and silver/copper alloy.
Unbeatable value as this dude is 17awg.

He's showing off again people! lol no but in all seriousness that cable is beautiful and im sure it doesnt get much better (17.3 awg is insanity for a headphone cable)...im still jealous of your yggy/mentor combo and your just here throwing cables on top of it lol also, i want you to hear the MJ as badly as i want to hear the mentor, this hobby is so unhealthy

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #2,262 of 2,724
He's showing off again people! lol no but in all seriousness that cable is beautiful and im sure it doesnt get much better (17.3 awg is insanity for a headphone cable)...im still jealous of your yggy/mentor combo and your just here throwing cables on top of it lol also, i want you to hear the MJ as badly as i want to hear the mentor, this hobby is so unhealthy
This hobby is BRUTAL, Man. lol. Im sorry, im just excited. I had to move heaven and earth to end up with this stack. Believe it or not im actually a brokedick.

Mar 28, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #2,263 of 2,724
This hobby is BRUTAL, Man. lol. Im sorry, im just excited. I had to move heaven and earth to end up with this stack. Believe it or not im actually a brokedick.
haha lot of people say "wow you must be rich" but its more like "sorry I have a bad spending habit through a hobby"

Mar 28, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #2,265 of 2,724
IMHO it sounds great with both Audeze and ZMF headphones
Starting to think this will indeed be my next purchase. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back