Shanling ET3 - Dedicated Digital CD Transport, With USB Drive and Wi-Fi Support
Apr 7, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #754 of 755
I have an ET3 and a Pontus II 12th ed. I could try a standard HDMI cable and see what happens ?
Tried that out for you, works no problem. Pontus II lights correspond to ET3 SRC settings exactly for both PCM and DSD. Also listened to a track to be certain, sounds just great. So a standard HDMI cable that I previously used for a 4K bluray player connection and purchased from Amazon UK works just fine. The ET3 settings were left at default for I2S and DSD mode was Native DSD. Now I haven't checked whether left right channels are correct for both PCM and DSD but it sounds just fine to my ears.

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #755 of 755
Tried that out for you, works no problem. Pontus II lights correspond to ET3 SRC settings exactly for both PCM and DSD. Also listened to a track to be certain, sounds just great. So a standard HDMI cable that I previously used for a 4K bluray player connection and purchased from Amazon UK works just fine. The ET3 settings were left at default for I2S and DSD mode was Native DSD. Now I haven't checked whether left right channels are correct for both PCM and DSD but it sounds just fine to my ears.
Great to know, thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back