Shanling ET3 - Dedicated Digital CD Transport, With USB Drive and Wi-Fi Support
Apr 7, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #754 of 758
I have an ET3 and a Pontus II 12th ed. I could try a standard HDMI cable and see what happens ?
Tried that out for you, works no problem. Pontus II lights correspond to ET3 SRC settings exactly for both PCM and DSD. Also listened to a track to be certain, sounds just great. So a standard HDMI cable that I previously used for a 4K bluray player connection and purchased from Amazon UK works just fine. The ET3 settings were left at default for I2S and DSD mode was Native DSD. Now I haven't checked whether left right channels are correct for both PCM and DSD but it sounds just fine to my ears.

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #755 of 758
Tried that out for you, works no problem. Pontus II lights correspond to ET3 SRC settings exactly for both PCM and DSD. Also listened to a track to be certain, sounds just great. So a standard HDMI cable that I previously used for a 4K bluray player connection and purchased from Amazon UK works just fine. The ET3 settings were left at default for I2S and DSD mode was Native DSD. Now I haven't checked whether left right channels are correct for both PCM and DSD but it sounds just fine to my ears.
Great to know, thanks :)

May 7, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #756 of 758
Hi, I am planning to buy an ET3. Is it a silent player? Does it make any mechanical noise when the disc is spinning?

May 7, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #757 of 758
Great to know, thanks :)
Just a wee note. You don't need a fancy hdmi cable, but generally with I2S the shorter the better. If you can get away with 50cm or shorter that's great, but don't sweat it if you can't.
No idea why, but that is the received wisdom. If using rj45, even shorter is better. Of course I2S was initially developed to be used inside players. This new fangled idea of using it as an interconnect has caused all sort of annoying issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back