Shanling H7 - High-End Portable DAC/AMP/Player, Featuring new AKM AK4499EX Flagship DAC
Oct 12, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #62 of 1,116
So, this is XD-05 BAL but with latest AK chipset, plus local playback just like chord mojo + poly

I just hope two things:

1. Gain switch, for Extra low-low-high. Because my experience with XD-05 BAL, it is too powerful (even in low gain) that it is almost unusable for IEM. Therefore need that Extra low gain if possible

2. Battery life that can rival XD-05 BAL, especially if I were to use Coax/Optic (around 15hours)
Wait... Xduoo is on the way with the new upcoming XD05PRO and ability of switching internal dac (9038pro, 4499ex, ROHM) :wink:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-xd05pro.964620/

Oct 12, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #63 of 1,116
if they have a reasonable price, this could wipe the floor with every other product including several daps.
And remember that the behemot FiiO Q7 should be 750 bucks, so this one can't really go higher. sd card reading is a gamechanger, but only if priced aggresively.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #64 of 1,116
@Shanling. It was already clear to me that there are 1.2W per channel. You said before that it is the most powerful device. What about the sound tuning? More direction M 8 or in the direction M7 / M9?
And important for most is the price. Any ideas yet?

To our ears, it would sit somewhere between M8 and M6 Ultra, so definitely more towards the fuller sound of Shanling.

We will share info on the price as soon as we can. But I think you can expect it to be around the price of rival models.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Oct 12, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #66 of 1,116
To our ears, it would sit somewhere between M8 and M6 Ultra, so definitely more towards the fuller sound of Shanling.

We will share info on the price as soon as we can. But I think you can expect it to be around the price of rival models.
Sounds kind of like the H7 can't outperform the M8 in terms of sound. At least that's how it comes across to me.

Oct 12, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #67 of 1,116
Sounds kind of like the H7 can't outperform the M8 in terms of sound. At least that's how it comes across to me.

As we always need a smartphone on the way to get access to music providers (Qobuz) or our home upnp server, the more simple is a the DAC + AMP + SD Card + BT LDAC (without screen)=> the longer battery playing time should be available => the better it is on the way..
If some hardware button are available for play/stop; skip forward/backward like there is with some competitors like Xduoo XD-05 Bal, FIIO Q7 ... because of the SD card and 2x1.2W power available, the H7 can be a winner in this interesting category...

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #68 of 1,116
Im also not interested in a typical todays daps colder and neutral tuning. It must be at least on the same level as the M8, otherwise will pass. The M8 is my first dap and the source actually with which im listening to the whole albums. No jumping from song to song.
The Dethonray Pegasus SG1 also seems very interesting bluethooth dac/amp which is getting very positive reviews for its warm, organic, dynamic and smooth sound.
And costs only 400 bucks.
Tell you what, the reality of being able to afford these products at $400 may not be realistic. You can expect it from other countries etc…but not in the US

One example is that minimum wages National wise average used to be $9.00/hours. With the newest president and economy, it was raised up to Twice as much, you will see $15-18/hours. Therefore, realistically speaking, what would cost $400 previously would be $800 or so at the present time. The same would go for automotive and other products, a car that used to be $20k in 2016 would be about $40k now (inflated pricing due to inflation). Minimum wage is only one minor factor in the current inflation…

Anyways, I will say that this DAC/Amp is more realistically expected about $800-1.2K or so. When budget is a thing, there are other alternatives for sure.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #69 of 1,116
Introducing SHANLING H7

With H7 we are taking a big step into the High-End Portable DAC/AMP market.

And we made sure it comes packing all the important features:

- New Flagship AK4499EX DAC chip from AKM, with its matching AK4191 Modulator

- Extra powerful amplifier offering up to 1.2W @ 32 Ohm

- 3.5 / 4.4 / 6.35mm headphone outputs and rear RCA

- Xmos USB input supporting Hi-Res playback, including MQA

- Combined input for Coaxial and Optical SPDIF

- Bluetooth receiver module with LDAC support

And an extra feature is the MicroSD card slot, allowing for direct local playback. Pack your card with all the music files and then simply control it from the Eddict Player app on your Android or iOS phone. You can even run the H7 as a completely independent player, just with limited control.

Coming this fall.

a3ab6f26-c4b9-4936-89fa-7f00c60dd315.jpg
Are there track navigation buttons on H7?

Oct 12, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #70 of 1,116
Are there track navigation buttons on H7?

as they say . "You can even run the H7 as a completely independent player, just with limited control." it means there should be at least some playing hardware buttons to nagivate inside a current playlist.

Oct 12, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #71 of 1,116
Tell you what, the reality of being able to afford these products at $400 may not be realistic. You can expect it from other countries etc…but not in the US

One example is that minimum wages National wise average used to be $9.00/hours. With the newest president and economy, it was raised up to Twice as much, you will see $15-18/hours. Therefore, realistically speaking, what would cost $400 previously would be $800 or so at the present time. The same would go for automotive and other products, a car that used to be $20k in 2016 would be about $40k now (inflated pricing due to inflation). Minimum wage is only one minor factor in the current inflation…

Anyways, I will say that this DAC/Amp is more realistically expected about $800-1.2K or so. When budget is a thing, there are other alternatives for sure.
You are talking nonsense... No way this device can cost 1k $... That is ridiculous... For 1k $ you can buy for example: 2pcs new Xbox Series X, or new big screen Oled TV, or even gaming pc, laptop and etc...and all these things are high technology... And what do we get from portable dac/amp? AKM audio dac chip cost ~50$, amplifiers and other internal electonic components with battery at the cost no more than 200$... So, I'm absolutely sure that if we take all internal components at prime cost it won't be more than 300$ to make this type of dac/amp...so why do we pay for 2 or 3 times more? We pay because all these Chinesse brands understand that audiophiles are mentally addictive people and it is much more easier to play with high prices than in other markets...

Oct 12, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #72 of 1,116
You are talking nonsense... No way this device can cost 1k $... That is ridiculous... For 1k $ you can buy for example: 2pcs new Xbox Series X, or new big screen Oled TV, or even gaming pc, laptop and etc...and all these things are high technology... And what do we get from portable dac/amp? AKM audio dac chip cost ~50$, amplifiers and other internal electonic components with battery at the cost no more than 200$... So, I'm absolutely sure that if we take all internal components at prime cost it won't be more than 300$ to make this type of dac/amp...so why do we pay for 2 or 3 times more? We pay because all these Chinesse brands understand that audiophiles are mentally addictive people and it is much more easier to play with high prices than in other markets...
Mass productions are different than niche market. Brother, if you want to make sense, try and develops your own DAC/Amp, and produce it, and see how much it cost you at the current inflated rates. Matter of facts, there are DIY design ready, you just need to buy parts and solder yourself, try and get it @$400 with similar configurations

When you get all that, take into accounts all the distribution networks and other related expenses as well as the fees toward the next developments if you want to keep sustaining the business and does not only stop here at producing 1 product

X Box and TV … etc… they have other means to scoop up the profit margin , not these niche markets. But I will stop here

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #73 of 1,116

Agree with your economic analysis. Dont want to go too deep here but there is a lot of things that helped creating this ridiculous situation (poor management of energy sources, minimum wages, higher taxes etc.).
Well about the M7 pricing, i wouldnt expect anything below 800 bucks. And that would be understandable, considering how many options the H7 will have and its sound performance which is gonna be located somewhere between the M6 and M8. I will pass this one because was hoping for a M8 upgrade, something on a TOTL level but below 1800 bucks considering lack of android, big screen etc. Seems like it wont reach the M8 level.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #74 of 1,116
Shanling: Sound tuning is between M8 and M6 Ultra
HF readers: Ohhhh Performance is not up to M8 pricing should be 1800$ or it is not TOTL
Me: That's a AKM4499EX it will be good enough even more if it can compete with the Q7 pricing

Real question @Shanling Eddict Player and transition between track.
Do you finally got that implemented after all those years or this will get back of lot of people

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #75 of 1,116
Shanling: Sound tuning is between M8 and M6 Ultra
HF readers: Ohhhh Performance is not up to M8 pricing should be 1800$ or it is not TOTL
Me: That's a AKM4499EX it will be good enough even more if it can compete with the Q7 pricing

Real question @Shanling Eddict Player and transition between track.
Do you finally got that implemented after all those years or this will get back of lot of people
"To our ears, it would sit somewhere between M8 and M6 Ultra, so definitely more towards the fuller sound of Shanling."
Considering the fact that both players M6 Ultra and M8 are tuned very similarly what would the above quoted answer mean?
If the differences in tuning are minimal, this answer probably reffered to the sound quality.
And nobody is suggesting that the H7 will sound bad, quite an opposite tbh. Im sure it will be great but just for me, who has the M8, the H7 wont be as attractive as i thought.
But lets wait for reviews firstly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back