Shanling Streamers - EM5 & NEW EA5 Plus
Jan 17, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #856 of 896
Will need to check on t his further with engineers, MQA systems are unfortunately causing lots of these problems.

In these situation we would recommend a factory reset of Bluetooth headphones and pairing them directly with EM5.

Ok, this is important news, we will push software team to update the EM5 Amazon app over this.
Can you please tell us which app version on your other devices works properly with your Amazon Prime account?

This would require System wide EQ integration, which is quite complicated and not something we currently offer on any of our Android devices.

Your suggestions were repeat of topics previously discussed, so we were in no haste to reply to them right away. We posted there this morning.

Our software team is now working with Tidal on further implementation of Tidal and Tidal Connect into our devices and apps, we hope to see improvement in near future.
I will wait for another update, but if the problems are not solved with the software, then there is no point. nobody wants to use a premium category product in limited mode, TIDAL and EQ are the most annoying. The hardware is fantastic.

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:06 AM Post #857 of 896
I found that the equalizer works if you play music from Cloud Music in the Eddict app itself. The drawback is that you don't get full sound quality. A little compromize there.

I looked for this option in Eddict Player, but I couldn't find it, where exactly is it? Unfortunately, only Spotify is available in the cloud service menu, Tidal was unsuccessful under Android.

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #858 of 896
I will wait for another update, but if the problems are not solved with the software, then there is no point. nobody wants to use a premium category product in limited mode, TIDAL and EQ are the most annoying. The hardware is fantastic.
Controlling the Tidal app via software is terrible. It stutters, it lags, I don't even know when it was tested it was correct. The Bluetooth adapter remains.
@Shanling How much quality do they lose?

Jan 20, 2024 at 5:46 AM Post #859 of 896
I looked for this option in Eddict Player, but I couldn't find it, where exactly is it? Unfortunately, only Spotify is available in the cloud service menu, Tidal was unsuccessful under Android.
Here. Seems like you found it, but yeah, tidal is not available on android. When playing music through the Cloud service, the EQ works. But it caps the sample rate at 44,1 (as far as I recall). I think the way it works is that you stream the music on your device, then send via bluetooth or wifi to the player, and it therefore has a limitation to the sample rate.

Attachments

• IMG_5533.jpg
    IMG_5533.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5534.PNG
    IMG_5534.PNG
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 20, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #861 of 896
Here. Seems like you found it, but yeah, tidal is not available on android. When playing music through the Cloud service, the EQ works. But it caps the sample rate at 44,1 (as far as I recall). I think the way it works is that you stream the music on your device, then send via bluetooth or wifi to the player, and it therefore has a limitation to the sample rate.
I understand, unfortunately I didn't buy an iPad a few days ago, but an Android tablet. I didn't know I was doing better. According to them, the end result is the same with a Bluetooth connection.
Hi,
There is a way to stream tidal and qobuz to the ea-5 or em5 but that requires a third party app.
Regards
if you mean what I already mentioned with the help of bubblepnp, I'll try that too, but you have to buy the apps for it. Thank you very much for persistently trying to help me, my English is unfortunately quite incomplete.

let's wait, did the engineers finally manage to put together this fantastic eddict player and wifi projection in a usable form..

Jan 24, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #863 of 896
I'm sorry, I tried Bubbleupnp but it doesn't see the device. The network is fine, DLNA is on. Do you have any tips? @PenguinHeadphoner

Thx
Hi,

As I do not own the device anymore, I can't say.
But there might be an option to turn it on as a DLNA server.
If memories serves me well, mine was detected when I had it... so I could use it as a renderer.
You should look for that option...

I'll try to look at the manual to see if I can help.

Regards.

Jan 24, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #866 of 896
this is also crap, one track gets stuck, the next one won't play. I already read it here on the forum. My goodness...
Try installing Mconnect, turn off gapless playback, that one should work for continuous playback.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 25, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #869 of 896
In the latest software update, Qobuz broke the main page with collections, but you already know that. But no one has yet reported that in the favorites section the available depth for displaying the list of favorite songs has changed and has been reduced to 150 songs. The app tells you that you only have 150 songs in your favorites, and the remaining songs are not displayed. When you add a new song to your favorites, the one that was previously displayed 150th disappears. Through the search field in favorite tracks, those songs that are not displayed cannot be found, but if you find this song through the main page of searching for all songs of the service, it will be marked with a heart, indicating that the song is in your favorites. Using the Qobuz application on my smartphone, I view the full depth of the list of favorite tracks. Correct me please. And also, not for the first time, I ask you to make the display scale of the Qobuz application interface smaller, the same as tidal. Tidal displays a lot more useful controls and information due to its higher resolution. Qobuz has a very low screen resolution, which is why the interface is large and only 1.5 lines of information are available on the screen during a search!

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #870 of 896
@Shanling Hello! Are there any options to play music from sd card gapless?

No, our software team still haven't managed to add gapless playback to our Android app.

In the latest software update, Qobuz broke the main page with collections, but you already know that. But no one has yet reported that in the favorites section the available depth for displaying the list of favorite songs has changed and has been reduced to 150 songs. The app tells you that you only have 150 songs in your favorites, and the remaining songs are not displayed. When you add a new song to your favorites, the one that was previously displayed 150th disappears. Through the search field in favorite tracks, those songs that are not displayed cannot be found, but if you find this song through the main page of searching for all songs of the service, it will be marked with a heart, indicating that the song is in your favorites. Using the Qobuz application on my smartphone, I view the full depth of the list of favorite tracks. Correct me please. And also, not for the first time, I ask you to make the display scale of the Qobuz application interface smaller, the same as tidal. Tidal displays a lot more useful controls and information due to its higher resolution. Qobuz has a very low screen resolution, which is why the interface is large and only 1.5 lines of information are available on the screen during a search!

I believe the Qobuz app on EM5 is about two years outdated and it seems it shows some issues.
Software team was asked to update it.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back