The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 1, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #17,027 of 17,484
I seem to have just had quite a big problem with my 128gb Integral card in my X3. All of the files in it became locked and I couldn't add or delete anything. I had about 60gb of mainly 320kbps MP3s on it and around 4800 tracks. In Ubuntu, when you delete something from a storage device, a folder called  ".Trash-1001" seems to be created. That normally just contains tracked I have deleted from my player on my PC. This time however, it contain 100s of items that all looked to be rubbish. The names of most of them were not readable as they were just a load of strange shaped lines. It looked like something had gone very wrong with it. When I looked to see how many there were, there were well over 10,000 items  and none could be deleted. I simply don't understand what could have caused this.

However, I have managed to reformat the card in the X3 and it seems to be working now. I've just got to wait for all my music to get back onto the card. I have taken it out of the X3 and it is in a USB 3.0 card reader which should make things faster.

Has anyone else had this issue or similar with micro SD cards before?
Oh dear, I hope this will not happen when I move my SD card from the X1 to my ordered X3. A lot of Genesis tracks I presume?:D

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #17,029 of 17,484
Oh dear, I hope this will not happen when I move my SD card from the X1 to my ordered X3. A lot of Genesis tracks I presume?
biggrin.gif

Yes, but only what I think of as the real Genesis. After their Wind & Wuthering album, I feel it went downhill from there.

I don't understand the issue I had with my card. Within 2 hours though, I manages to get everything back how it was. It is just so lucky that I keep multiple copies of everything I had on there.
I am joining the group soon as I ordered a FiiO X3 II
biggrin.gif

You may want to use the X3 2nd Gen / II thread as this thread you have posted on is for the original X3 which is what I have.

This thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #17,030 of 17,484

Yes, but only what I think of as the real Genesis. After their Wind & Wuthering album, I feel it went downhill from there.

But there are some brilliant songs on And then there were three and Duke that retain that old prog feel.

Abacab and Genesis is okay "technical pop" and I don't bother with anything after those.

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #17,031 of 17,484

I don't understand the issue I had with my card. Within 2 hours though, I manages to get everything back how it was. It is just so lucky that I keep multiple copies of everything I had on there.
You may want to use the X3 2nd Gen / II thread as this thread you have posted on is for the original X3 which is what I have.

This thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/743704/the-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-ex-x3k-x3ii-thread-192k-24b-cs4398-native-dsd-usb-dac-with-lo-and-inline-remote
I agree with that, without Steve Hackett, Genesis became a pop band, although And Than There Were Three contained some great songs.

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #17,033 of 17,484
Well, I'm not having any luck with my micro SD card again. Since I managed to put everything back on, I tested by adding one track to the player by a micro USB cable. I then refreshed the library and it worked. I also managed to remove it without any problem. I am now wanting to add another artist with 5 albums. I add it on my PC and it seems to go on fine, but as soon as I remove the cable from the X3, the screen says "file system not supported!". After that, I am unable to see any of the tracks that I have on the card. I then update the library and everything other that what I have just added appears. I have only just formatted the card 1 day ago. I feel it may be playing up. Does this sound likely?

I'm also not sure if cards have to be FAT32 in the X3. Can they be NTFS? This card has been fine until recently so I don't think it will be that the player doesn't like the brand Integral.

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #17,034 of 17,484
It does look like a corrupt filesystem (or card).
Have you tried to run chkdsk on the filesystem (in Windows)?
You can check the card with H2TestW.
AFAIK should be FAT32 or exFAT, NTFS is not supported

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #17,035 of 17,484
  It does look like a corrupt filesystem (or card).
Have you tried to run chkdsk on the filesystem (in Windows)?
You can check the card with H2TestW.
AFAIK should be FAT32 or exFAT, NTFS is not supported

I only have Ubuntu on my PC. My computer seems to have become a bit unresponsive the last few times I put the card in. I can't add or delete anything on the card. Even If I put it into the X3, if I try to either format the card or delete a song, I have to press the reset button on the top of the X3 as it simply freezes. I have contacted MyMemory which is the website I got the card from.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #17,037 of 17,484
Can you please tell me where did you get that cable? How is the sound quality?
example - http://www.yypa.hk/storm-jumper.html

Or many other companies make sumilar quality or you can find less expensive inter connector cables. Sound from X3 to Mojo to iem is very good, very enjoyable.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #17,038 of 17,484

I only have Ubuntu on my PC. My computer seems to have become a bit unresponsive the last few times I put the card in. I can't add or delete anything on the card. Even If I put it into the X3, if I try to either format the card or delete a song, I have to press the reset button on the top of the X3 as it simply freezes. I have contacted MyMemory which is the website I got the card from.

That looks as if your card is dying ...
You can try fsck.vfat or dosfsck under Linux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back