The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #766 of 869
Just bought some TTVJ flat pads for my Grado SR-60i's (Which I bought 2 weeks ago). I know it's overkill price wise I suppose, but man what a huge sonic improvement over the comfy pads! Best way to describe it is, music now sounds larger than life! I think I finally see what the fuss for Grado cans has been for all these years.

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #767 of 869
Quote:
Just bought some TTVJ flat pads for my Grado SR-60i's (Which I bought 2 weeks ago). I know it's overkill price wise I suppose, but man what a huge sonic improvement over the comfy pads! Best way to describe it is, music now sounds larger than life! I think I finally see what the fuss for Grado cans has been for all these years.

I like the L-Cush pads for my SR60's.

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #769 of 869
the flat pads with these are awesome. make it very wide sounding, doesn't bloat the bass, and smooths out the highs. Even sounds pretty good when plugged directly into my Sansa Clip Zip(and I don't like any other headphone when plugged directly into it, whether it's the K550, RS1, Momentum, HD25, KSC35, Aviator, or Samson 850). I really like using the SR60 with flats on my 3DS and PSP. 

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #770 of 869
Quote:
the flat pads with these are awesome. make it very wide sounding, doesn't bloat the bass, and smooths out the highs. Even sounds pretty good when plugged directly into my Sansa Clip Zip(and I don't like any other headphone when plugged directly into it, whether it's the K550, RS1, Momentum, HD25, KSC35, Aviator, or Samson 850). I really like using the SR60 with flats on my 3DS and PSP. 

Which flat pads are you referring to?

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #771 of 869
Hey everyone! Looking to buy the SR60is or SR80is and was just wondering how these headphones sound when playing mp3s that have a lower bit rate. Are they harsh or forgiving?

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #774 of 869
Quote:
I
I take it they're harsh? I'm using it on a portable if that makes a difference.

edit: maybe forgiving is the wrong word. Will the sr60is make me want to cut off my ears rather than listen to low bit rate mp3s? (interpret that any way you will)

You might want to do a search and read some reviews before asking a question like that. Your question has been answered many times before.

Jun 25, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #777 of 869
Just Received my first pair of Grados (SR60i) and I am already impressed even without getting used to their sound. Don't know how people could find these uncomfortable. I also seem to be enjoying EDM quite a lot with the Grados which people said were their weakness but which I find to be their strength. Very Happy with this purchase and also glad that I am finally part of the Grado fan club.

Aug 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #778 of 869
Quote:
Just Received my first pair of Grados (SR60i) and I am already impressed even without getting used to their sound. Don't know how people could find these uncomfortable. I also seem to be enjoying EDM quite a lot with the Grados which people said were their weakness but which I find to be their strength. Very Happy with this purchase and also glad that I am finally part of the Grado fan club.

I just got a set of SR-60s at a yard sale and think they do some EDM and Chiptune really really well.

Aug 11, 2013 at 4:45 PM Post #779 of 869
Congrats on your purchase's guys.

For the price of the SR60i.....I think everybody should own a pair...what a great bang for your buck, set of cans.

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #780 of 869
Quote:
Congrats on your purchase's guys.

For the price of the SR60i.....I think everybody should own a pair...what a great bang for your buck, set of cans.

Thank you! I'm really enjoying them. Is there a big difference between the SR-60/SR-60i drivers? I have the SR-60 and have purchased a few thing for mods, just wondering if I'm wasting my time modifying the non-i version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back