TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 14, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #9,706 of 24,683

You would have to hear it to really understand it. It's something I've never heard in an IEM before. Like an off key resonance competing with the sound. It only happens on certain songs at certain volume levels, and I can't really pick out a consistent aspect to what's causing it. There's just a....noise, and it muddies things up in the upper mids.

It doesn't wreck the IEM in total for me yet, but it certainly is something that takes me out of what I'm doing to think "what was that???".

You have precisely described the issue. One song will be great, then the next just turns into an listenable mess.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #9,709 of 24,683
Greetings Head Fi community

I want to apologize with the community if the following message is not related to the sound quality of a Trinity Audio product, I know that’s the main purpose of this thread, but we must consider that a product cannot be evaluated solely by the main function it was designed, instead all factors affecting the experience that a product brings to the end user must be taken into account.

Today is Wednesday, December 14th, I bought my PM4 on October 30th, and to this day, my PM4 hasn´t been delivered. There are some Head Fi members that bought their PM4 on Black Friday (November 26th) and right now they are enjoying their PM4. Today there are over 45 days waiting a parcel I don´t know when it was shipped, I don´t know in which part of the world is, and I don´t know how many more days I will have to wait until it arrives.

This is not the first time I buy an audio product outside my country (Colombia), and the longest delivery lasted exactly 15 days to arrive from Singapore, and yes it also was Standard Shipping.

So Trinity Audio, how many more weeks will I have to wait for my parcel to arrive? How many more mails will I have to send to Jake@trinityaudioengineering.com in order to find a solution? (Have sent 2 mails so far, one last week and the other 2 weeks ago)

Trinity Audio must be CLEAR with its customers regarding sensitive details as accurate shipping estimates, because in the same way a poorly estimated shipping can delay the entire production of a flaghship IEM for several weeks, a poorly estimated shipping can adversely affect the end user experience making the user to wait a lot more for a product than it should. Both scenarios are part of the same product lifecycle, and MUST have the same relevance for Trinity Audio.

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #9,710 of 24,683

I want to apologize with the community if the following message is not related to the sound quality of a Trinity Audio product, I know that’s the main purpose of this thread, but we must consider that a product cannot be evaluated solely by the main function it was designed, instead all factors affecting the experience that a product brings to the end user must be taken into account.

Today is Wednesday, December 14th, I bought my PM4 on October 30th, and to this day, my PM4 hasn´t been delivered. There are some Head Fi members that bought their PM4 on Black Friday (November 26th) and right now they are enjoying their PM4. Today there are over 45 days waiting a parcel I don´t know when it was shipped, I don´t know in which part of the world is, and I don´t know how many more days I will have to wait until it arrives.

This is not the first time I buy an audio product outside my country (Colombia), and the longest delivery lasted exactly 15 days to arrive from Singapore, and yes it also was Standard Shipping.

So Trinity Audio, how many more weeks will I have to wait for my parcel to arrive? How many more mails will I have to send to Jake@trinityaudioengineering.com in order to find a solution? (Have sent 2 mails so far, one last week and the other 2 weeks ago)

Trinity Audio must be CLEAR with its customers regarding sensitive details as accurate shipping estimates, because in the same way a poorly estimated shipping can delay the entire production of a flaghship IEM for several weeks, a poorly estimated shipping can adversely affect the end user experience making the user to wait a lot more for a product than it should. Both scenarios are part of the same product lifecycle, and MUST have the same relevance for Trinity Audio.

I agree with you on this, and your concerns certainly seem valid. While I did receive mine already, I do understand the frustration that you get from undue wait time. I felt the same way when I ordered mine July (which at the time had an estimated delivery-date of mid-October). While I do understand that it can be difficult to accurately gauge production times, I do find it misleading to continually push the shipping date back for five months straight.

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #9,711 of 24,683
Can totally relate, I definitely have total assymetry between my ear canals too. Never have any problem inserting earphones or earplugs in my left ear, but the right always takes a ton of effort and adjusting.

Me too, sometines I really struggle with a seal on left side. I had an infection so bad it looked like they were going to have to cut part of my ear and jaw away. Had what must have been over a metre of gauze squished in to ear to stop canaI collapsing completely. Was pretty horrific but I count myself lucky as had no lasting damage to my hearing and didn't have to have any bits cut off.

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #9,712 of 24,683

Well.. I ordered in June and haven't received it yet either. Seems like I'm the last one among my friends, even those who ordered on the same day/time as I did. Some have already received multiple PM4s lol. Oh well, guess it'll show up when it does.

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #9,713 of 24,683

Well.. I ordered in June and haven't receive it yet either. Seems like I'm the last one among my friends, even those who ordered on the same day/time as I did. Some have already received multiple PM4s lol. Oh well, guess it'll show up when it does.

I will lend a pair to you while waiting 
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #9,714 of 24,683

I will lend a pair to you while waiting 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 Much obliged haha.. I wonder if they will sound different from the other pair I've tried hm..

Dec 15, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #9,716 of 24,683
  Some more comments  after almost two weeks.
I tried in the beginning very shortly gunmetal filters with the tips that were installed. I did not like it at all.Not clear enough. I'm currently using gold undamped on left ear and silver undamped on right ear. I'm very happy with the sound of music I'm  mostly listening.. There  also seemed to be really a burn in period. I did not expect it at all and  was pleasantly surprised.

About the ringing sound/muddines on mids.. I have managed  to get it on few recordings, but 95% of the recordings I believe are really well recorded and mastered do sound just great.
Big emotional sound.

In particular Chesky and good vinyl rips sound very good to me.

After this comment I have linstened numerous Chesky recordings from different genres and I have not have trouble with a single one. Almost all of them sound great despite my slightly problematic filter configuration (I have some problems with the right pod, it will get replaced). So my PM4 is just quite picky,  and  seem to work fine if the recording is excellent.  So maybe my problems are not the same as others commenting are facing..

However, to me jazz and blues are really the strong points of PM4 and I have to admit that currently this is even dictating what I'm listening.

I'm really waiting to uppgrade for the next version assuming that the strong points of this model will be still there..

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #9,718 of 24,683
Have you tried them with wide bore tips as I mentioned? You might be surprised by the sparkle they help retain.

Could you advise of a few brands/models of wide-bore tips that can work with the PM4?
I prefer Comply or Kombi style tips, so ideally at least one suggestion of that nature (if there are any!).

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #9,720 of 24,683
Could you advise of a few brands/models of wide-bore tips that can work with the PM4?

I prefer Comply or Kombi style tips, so ideally at least one suggestion of that nature (if there are any!).

Just email jake@trinityaudioengineering.com as we keep some wide bores in stock

Done. And hopefully before everyone else piles in :D

Do you know what kind of tips they are? Kombi or..?

Thanks Bob, you are a legend :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back