TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Dec 15, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #9,729 of 24,683
Is there is any chance to change usually APC for Royal Mail when you will start send PM6?

Also, I know that there will be upgrade program for those who bought PM4, but I wonder if there will be that option if someone (after receiving PM6 with standard 2 pin) will decide to go with yours newer cable system?

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #9,732 of 24,683
Got the new prototype Bob has been working on yesterday. Not had any time to give it a proper listen yet, but have it in my ears at the moment and for people who have been concerned about the direction some models are taking, I think you will be happy with the changes Bob is making.

The new cable system looks good, fits nicely (no memory wire, thankfully) and makes sense - I know preference plays a massive part in how people will receive these, but it looks very robust.

Sound is more immediately appealing to my preferences than the PM4, although I have only tried the silver filters that came installed at the moment (I'm usually a gold damped or undamped guy). I won't comment on any specifics/tuning/quality etc until I have had a chance to get to grips with them and give Bob my feedback first, so won't be until some point next week - one thing I can say though is that the treble sensitivity some songs are causing on my PM4 aren't an issue for me with the new model. The shell design is different to any of the existing models and has some nice ergonomic tweaks (looks very cool too), but I don't know if this is the "final" shape so well check with Bob first as he has asked me not to take any photos.

I don't know if this is the new Atlas-Delta / PM4 or neither of the above as Bob wants me to listen first then he will tell me the driver configuration - his comment on here about the new dual coil driver adding a little body to the sound is on the money though - nothing drastic, but it does seem like an improvement without altering the basic overall "sound".

Sorry for the lack of specifics, but don't want to kick off any more speculation until I can do some proper hours with these little beauties and give some proper comparisons between the new model and my PM4.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #9,734 of 24,683
With wide bore tips, how does the sound alter compared to the narrower bore of the kombi? Cheers

To my ears the sound opens up more, increased airiness and clarity with better revealing mids/treble, and slight less bass quantity. Pretty much more balanced out across the spectrum. IMO Bob should include them as standard. Try it and let us know

edit: These are the ones I'm using http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-x-REPLACEMENT-SILICONE-IN-EAR-EARPHONE-TIPS-EARBUDS-SENNHEISER-JVC-PHILLIPS-/151125882809

Although I'm sure other similar ones should work too

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #9,735 of 24,683
I don't know if this is the new Atlas-Delta / PM4 or neither of the above as Bob wants me to listen first then he will tell me the driver configuration - his comment on here about the new dual coil driver adding a little body to the sound is on the money though - nothing drastic, but it does seem like an improvement without altering the basic overall "sound".

They aren't yours...crack those babies open and check out the drivers!  They won't notice a little superglue when you return em.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back