TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
Oct 14, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #6,751 of 24,683
  • Lowest noise floor of any Bluetooth audio I've used so far (although I haven't used a great variety of these). I'm personally hearing none of the "hiss" that most units in this segment suffer from.
  • It gets more than loud enough for me; I need to keep it below 75-85% on my phone to be at a comfortable listening level (about 5-10% more volume than when plugged in to the same phone).
  • I find the sound from Trinity's on-chip dac/amp very neutral, less colored than the on-board iPhone one.
  • Last thing, the BT signal is STRONG for me. At work I passed my phone through the x-ray machine while I walked through the metal detector the audio didn't drop. Didn't even realize what had happened until a minute later, totally seamless.

Very happy to hear you are not experiencing any noticeable hissing.

I'm a bit disappointed as I asked Trinity to ship with my Master 4. No reason to get without an IEM to see ifs acceptable length and audio quality. They shipped ahead of my master 4 and the return period will expire before I receive the Master 4.

Oh well

Oct 14, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #6,752 of 24,683
There are 3 versions of the lanyard:

MMCX =  Atlas (discontinued IEM model)
2-pin (original) = Delta v2 (discontinued IEM model)
2-pin (revised) = Vyrus, Sabre, AtlasDelta, Master4, Master6, Hunter (all current IEM models)

I'm starting to feel like a spokesman :wink:

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #6,754 of 24,683
This 2 pin connection... would it work with vibro labs Aria IEM's by any chance? Im assuming my Aria IEM is a standard 2 pin?

From earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that the Trinity IEMs use 0.75mm pins, same as Ultimate Ears IEMs. Not sure what is considered "standard" but I read that usually the pins are slightly bigger (0.78mm).

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #6,756 of 24,683
Trinity's two pin connectors are a socketed design - and won't be compatible with most 2 pin IEMs

Pics so you can see what I mean:

The pins are recessed inside their housing

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #6,758 of 24,683
This 2 pin connection... would it work with vibro labs Aria IEM's by any chance? Im assuming my Aria IEM is a standard 2 pin?

I have the Aria and the Sabre/Vyrus as the cables aren't compatible, like Brooko said. You would have to cut or remove the recessed housing around the pins on the Trinity cables at a minimum, and if the pin size is too thin, they might not be a solid connection anyway.

On a related note, the Trinity cables seem to use the same recessed socket connector used by Nuforce on their new HEM series (including the alignment notch on the inside of the socket), just with a slightly bigger housing around the pins so they don't quite fit flush. Used the Sabre cable with a pair of HEM8 without any problems.

Oct 15, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #6,760 of 24,683
Should I get the Hunter or the PM6? Would the Master sound better since it has an extra driver?

EDIT: deleted wrong info
If you can afford the Hunter (you can get 20% off), go for it. Especially with the heat treated titanium colour you will get a very unique IEM. It should have a better resolution than the PM6 on top of other cables plus secret privileges :wink:

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #6,762 of 24,683
Don't know whether I should ask this here or at the KS page, but looking at the overwhelming amount of comments there think I should just ask Bob here.

Is it possible to get the Silver cables along the PM6 by updating my total amount pledge rather than going in site to buy and pay for extra shipping? 

Another note, anyone knows if the Linum cables will be able to fit the 2-pin recessed sockets for the phantom series?

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #6,763 of 24,683
  This is wishful thinking... wondering if we can get trinity points for backing up the phantom airs on kickstarter?

Remembered a few pages before it was mentioned that you won't be able to get trinity points via KS. But someone else can shine some light on this. 

Oct 15, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #6,764 of 24,683
 Originally Posted by RobA19 

I presume there are no head-fi discounts on the kickstarter launch? Are rewards points available?

Originally Posted by Bobtrinity /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No and no. Sorry

This is wishful thinking... wondering if we can get trinity points for backing up the phantom airs on kickstarter?

Found it mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back