Woo Audio: NEW! WA7tp (tube PSU) Early-bird offer
Apr 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #77 of 192

Quote:
Read the first post

* Send payment to orders@wooaudio.com.  In the “Message” section please include the following.

- Desired color (Black or Silver)

- Full Name

- Pay Pal Confirmed shipping address and phone number

- S/N of your WA7 to qualify for the discounted price

You mean this part Kugino? So I take it we just paypal Jack a payment, instead of ordering through the website? That's how I had understood it, but found it kinda unorthodox, so I had to double-check..

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #78 of 192
Awesome. Not long :D anyone know exactly which variant of the 12au tubes come with the wa7tp? I'd like to do some tube rolling but I'm gonna wait for some impressions on other tubes first before I choose which to buy.

the invoice says electro harmonix 12au7. haven't found many impressions on these. people are too busy with mullards and Telefunken's I suppose.

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #82 of 192
How does a DC power supply improve the sound if it is using tubes vs solid state. If it is producing the correct voltage with the correct current, how does it matter if that voltage and current came from a tube or a transistor? I guess I just don't understand this audiophile thing that well.

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #83 of 192
  How does a DC power supply improve the sound if it is using tubes vs solid state. If it is producing the correct voltage with the correct current, how does it matter if that voltage and current came from a tube or a transistor? I guess I just don't understand this audiophile thing that well.

A well designed DC power supply is doing it's best to provide you with those 2 things, true.  Unfortunately nothing is ever ideal or perfect at doing that.  The devil is in the details and the characteristics of transient response under load.  Thankfully these differences are very easily measured.  Eventually we will see which one performs its job better.  I am reserving judgement but assuming one of the goals of the designer was to improve upon the original power supply. I would like to see the specification differences between these two units.

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #84 of 192
  A well designed DC power supply is doing it's best to provide you with those 2 things, true.  Unfortunately nothing is ever ideal or perfect at doing that.  The devil is in the details and the characteristics of transient response under load.  Thankfully these differences are very easily measured.  Eventually we will see which one performs its job better.  I am reserving judgement but assuming one of the goals of the designer was to improve upon the original power supply. I would like to see the specification differences between these two units.

+1.

Apr 28, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #87 of 192
I ordered the new WA7tp last April 2 and paid on April 7. I received confirmation on the same day that the unit will be delivered a week after. Three days later, I received another letter telling me my order will be shipped after two weeks. Two and a half weeks later, I received a letter telling me they won't be able to ship the order at the promised date because the EH tube supplier couldn't supply gold pin tubes in time. I told them to leave the EH tubes for now and deliver the tubes when they become available at the end of May. They confirmed that my unit will be shipped immediately on that day they received my response or on  the following day. Three days later, I inquired about the tracking number but they told me that they wouldn't be able to ship the order on the date that they said they would but probably after about a week.

I wouldn't be surprised if a week from now they told me that my order will be shipped at the end of this year. My excitement has effectively died down and it just kills me every time I received a letter of regret.

I wouldn't really get mad if they honestly told me that they are planning to ship my order in December. A new amplifier with the latest tube power supply said to unlock extra dimensions in  soundstage and opening up a whole new improvement in audio revelation isn't really a bad Christmas present, is it? Paying for it 8 months in advance is definitely worth the wait.

Apparently, there is a deluge of demand and they are overwhelmed by the numerous orders to fill. Unfortunately for me, being not an owner of the solid state version and being outside of the United States, relegates my status to being last in the priority list. I just hope that the cause of the delay is not because they took payments more than their current inventory can supply

Apr 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #88 of 192
Absolutely every thing I have ever ordered via a head-fi associate sponsor or hi-fi company has always first taken the money and then much much later then promised shipped the product.  

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #90 of 192
  Original WA7 owner here, and I'm thoroughly confused -- how am I supposed to get that $349 Early-bird pricing? The WA7 link offers no option to just order the WA7tp by itself...

Please Pay Pal Orders@Wooaudio.com $349 + $20 shipping for U.S. with your WA7 S/N in Pay Pal Message.  Shipping on WA7tp is around late May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back