ZMF Pendant by Ampsandsound; impressions, tube-rolling, and general discussions
Nov 27, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #2,373 of 2,545
Anyone get G 73-R from this source? Hard to tell if they're legit. Seller has good ratings at least. Thinking of getting a pair for my Envy since they were so amazing on the Pendant and cheaper than the ones from Vietnam.
Or if anyone has 2 to sell please message me!
g73-r.jpg

Nov 27, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #2,374 of 2,545
Anyone get G 73-R from this source? Hard to tell if they're legit. Seller has good ratings at least. Thinking of getting a pair for my Envy since they were so amazing on the Pendant and cheaper than the ones from Vietnam.
g73-r.jpg
I remember considering them with @shwnwllms but we were a little dubious of the fact that they looked a little glossy and didn’t have labels. The seller has great feedback, but we both opted to buy from Hanoitubes instead.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #2,375 of 2,545
g73-r.jpg
Exactly what @haasaaroni said. My spidey senses were tingling on those, and I don’t recall anyone actually buying from them. There were also a couple of accounts using the same photos which was a huge red flag for me

I’m down to one G73-R and I’m keeping it (for now). I’ve got a matched pair of ECC801S with very low hours though (used to belong to @billerb1) I’d make you a deal, PM me if interested. Also open to possible trades for 6SN7 (or equivalent). Those could get you buy until securing a pair of G73-Rs

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #2,376 of 2,545
Someone, possibly @Somatic or @incredulousity, may have bought from this seller in Italy. He does accept returns so you do have that.

I also used the G73-R in a Pendant and Bigger Ben before the Envy and they have been fantastic in all 3 amps. I’d take the Tele G73-R over the 1578 any day of the week. IMO, it’s not even close.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #2,377 of 2,545
Exactly what @haasaaroni said. My spidey senses were tingling on those, and I don’t recall anyone actually buying from them. There were also a couple of accounts using the same photos which was a huge red flag for me

I’m down to one G73-R and I’m keeping it (for now). I’ve got a matched pair of ECC801S with very low hours though (used to belong to @billerb1) I’d make you a deal, PM me if interested. Also open to possible trades for 6SN7 (or equivalent). Those could get you buy until securing a pair of G73-Rs
Those are legit, and I bought from that vendor, which has another alias, wege-high-tubes, but my tubes shipped from Italy, and this vendor’s name was on the invoice too. Mine are perfect.

Nov 27, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #2,378 of 2,545
Those are legit, and I bought from that vendor, which has another alias, wege-high-tubes, but my tubes shipped from Italy, and this vendor’s name was on the invoice too. Mine are perfect.
Wege-high-tubes, that was the other account. I steered clear of them because of that account specifically. There was a bunch of complaints about them on the forums but I can’t recall if if it was just because of their high prices or something else. Good to know you had a good experience with them.

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #2,380 of 2,545
I recall that most people thought Wege were asking for BIG $$$ for tubes that were not that special. I am not sure if there was also quality issues or not as advertised.
Yeah I recall that as well. Seems odd given their reputation that they were offering G73-Rs at half the market price on an alias account (at the time anyway Hanoi was charging $500 for a black label, prices have come down a bit but Hanoi only seems to be selling red labels at the lower price)

Nov 27, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #2,381 of 2,545
I’d take the Tele G73-R over the 1578 any day of the week. IMO, it’s not even close.
Now why'd you have to go and say that? Now I'll have to get them! I guess if I find the same I could sell the 1578. Too many expensive options lol!

Nov 29, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #2,382 of 2,545
Now why'd you have to go and say that? Now I'll have to get them! I guess if I find the same I could sell the 1578. Too many expensive options lol!
@nwavesailor And then there are other Russian tubes that beat the pants off the 1578 and G73-R (for a fraction of the cost of either)

IMG_4320.jpeg

Nov 29, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #2,383 of 2,545
@nwavesailor And then there are other Russian tubes that beat the pants off the 1578 and G73-R (for a fraction of the cost of either)

IMG_4320.jpeg
Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with them. I'd take the Melz any day of the week. It's possible I got a bad set, but to me they just lacked a soul...IMO, YMMV, etc.

Nov 29, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #2,384 of 2,545
Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with them. I'd take the Melz any day of the week. It's possible I got a bad set, but to me they just lacked a soul...IMO, YMMV, etc.
Yeah that is the last way I would describe them. Mine were from 1961 and a different factory than the ones @Wes S has (his were earlier production) but we had similar experiences. They have incredible synergy with Elrogs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back