Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #13,861 of 18,459

[size=medium]
Stepping up my LCD-2 listening this weekend.  Man the rev1 really do kick a lot of arse.  I can imagine that the faster response time and more detailed treble of rev2 would be amazing.  
I wonder if I should get sound meter.  With the LCD-2 you just want to crank up the juice.

CIA Top 10 Most Wanted

[/size]

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #13,863 of 18,459
"Have you heard about...?"

"...The Audez'e LCD-2?"

The LCD-2 is for some perhaps a little polite:

But the LCD-2.1 apparently has more bite:

"Either way, the LCD-2 will make your day or night." 
biggrin.gif

No hamsters or LCD-2s were harmed in the making of this post.

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #13,864 of 18,459
Quote:
Yes. I think it's going to be a dark sibling (don't anyone even mention sibilance again or you're gonna hear us rolling up our sleeves. There is NO sibilance in LCD-2, any rev. 
cool.gif
).
My guess is a new model, not a replacement rev. It's going to be essentially their version of the hd650, with intentionally recessed highs, more so than rev1 or earlier. Why? Because they've now addressed the customer base that wants treble extension. They now have a headphone that will probably widen their customer base. Now the next logical step (my logic, not actual logic) is to address the customers that are in fear for their sanity over extended treble. A similar approach as with Sennheiser HD650/800, BUT not a different class like with Senn.  It would be an equal to LCD-2 in price and quality. Also, they already know how to make that kind of driver and can spend some R&D time making it noticeably darker instead of worrying about losing extension. That's already covered. After that, I'll let you treble junkies speculate on that 
atsmile.gif

I think that's a very good call.

Quote:
I read that it has a lot to do with the neural pathways in the brain and how and when they are formed.  These pathways can determine or predetermine ones experience good or bad ones preference in music selection.  Some of these pathways are discovered and used and some never are.   The first time I heard John Coltrane I had a maniacal epiphany, I felt as if my brain lit up with neural activity and it was the best sound I'd ever heard, but for some people his music is just a jumble of confusing sounds that make them run in another direction.

So I'm not down on anyone who restricts their musical genre intake but I do find it disconcerting to imply one genre is unworthy over another.  New musical discovery is probably my most sought after pleasure.  

That is indeed correct, and not limited to music. Behavioural patterns and responses are linked to neural pathways, physically. Which is why some people really do struggle to think outside of the box, per say, and why people become literally stuck in their ways. Repetition without reflection :¬)

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #13,870 of 18,459
Can someone who's heard the LCD-2 rev.1 and rev.2 tell me if there's any change to the 'boominess' of the LCD-2 from the rev.1 to the rev.2 i.e. is the 'boominess' the same, less, or more?

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #13,872 of 18,459
It's tighter, so if you thought it boomy, this one would be less so. And the bass goes a little lower. Very minor changes, nothing drastic.

Quote:
Just wondering, is the 'boominess' of the LCD-2 any different on the rev.2 version?

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #13,873 of 18,459
Quote:
It seems to me the "boominess" isn't so boomy.  The bass has tightened up from what I hear (and feel).

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Quote:
It's tighter, so if you thought it boomy, this one would be less so. And the bass goes a little lower. Very minor changes, nothing drastic.

Thanks guys. When you say 'tightened-up', do you mean there's less decay in the bass i.e. that the bass response is faster? 

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #13,874 of 18,459
response is faster. The decay is all there. In fact I never knew you could hear decay on bass till the rev2/peak pairing. It draws you in.

Quote:
     Quote:

Thanks guys. When you say 'tightened-up', do you mean there's less decay in the bass i.e. that the bass response is faster? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back