Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 18, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #14,941 of 18,459
Went ahead and started to A-B my rev1 versus rev2 before shipping out the rev2s tomorrow.  If I didn't get a new headband and travel case for the $200 I am losing on making the selling the r1s for the r2s I would be disappointed.  While the r2s have a slightly different character its not enough of a difference to justify the expense.  That being said, my motivation for making the change was to hear the new drivers.  Having done so with minimal break in the r1s sound amazing.  So do the r2s not better just different.

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #14,942 of 18,459
That's awesome, I didn't know athenaesword's avatar was Emma Watson.  I did watch the first Harry Potter movie this weekend just to see what all the hype was about.  Naturally she was very young in that movie so I would not have made the jump between the avatar and Hermione without doglog.  

Quote:
Yes, it's a picture of the actress that plays the character "Hermione." Her name is Emma Watson. I didn't see the movie either, although I wanted to. Too busy listening to these LCD-2s. I'm obsessed! Only reason I'm awake right now.

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #14,944 of 18,459
This must be my greatest contribution to humankind:

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy246/adamaley/Hamster.jpg

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #14,946 of 18,459
Jul 18, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #14,947 of 18,459
Has anyone written up notes on dismantling the LCD-2's for cleaning and oiling? I guess that the notes would include:

1. removing each headphone from the headband
  2. optionally removing the leather earpads
  3. oiling and polishing the wodoen shells
  4. moisturising the leather pads (and strap if applicable)
  5. contact cleaning of the cable conenctors
  6. reassembly

Just a thought as we approach the millenium!

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #14,948 of 18,459
Quote:
I remember Tyll posted something about the rev1's thicker pads increasing treble extension. Is that true or will the original LCD2 and the rev1 sound exactly the same?

Yes Tyll did say something along those lines but Audeze's stance has always been that the changes to the pads had no influence on the sonic characteristics/abilities of the LCD-2.
For that reason I don't think it is worth worrying about, either way :wink:

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #14,950 of 18,459
Quote:
This must be my greatest contribution to humankind:

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy246/adamaley/Hamster.jpg

ROTFLMAO!!  That's Classic! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

P.S. Could somebody make a smiley with LCD-2s to celebrate our impending doom?

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #14,951 of 18,459
reallllyyyy you didn't know that was Emma Watson!? haha I must say I'm quite surprised, seeing as she received alot of publicity when she started going to the states for college, although apparently she's dropped out for awhile.  The first few movies were very different from the later few - I find them alright, as I did with the books.  I prefer more epic fantasy.. Harry Potter remains primarily in the children's genre, although admittedly both the books and the movies have taken on a darker, matured edge through the series.  The most interesting thing that struck me with the series was that I actually kinda 'grew up' with it - I never worshiped it, but it was the series that received the most publicity with each book's release, and somehow picked up a cult following along the way.  Most of the other fantasy series I read were already completed by the time I started reading them (CS Lewis/Tolkien/Eddings/E. Feist) so it was amusing to observe Harry Potter's evolution.  

Btw Emma was also plastered across anything Burberry for quite awhile.  It took me 2 secs to realize Iammedium wasn't joking when he asked if the avatar was me or my girlfriend lol.

Quote:
That's awesome, I didn't know athenaesword's avatar was Emma Watson.  I did watch the first Harry Potter movie this weekend just to see what all the hype was about.  Naturally she was very young in that movie so I would not have made the jump between the avatar and Hermione without doglog.  

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #14,952 of 18,459
Quote:
Has anyone written up notes on dismantling the LCD-2's for cleaning and oiling? I guess that the notes would include:

1. removing each headphone from the headband
  2. optionally removing the leather earpads
  3. oiling and polishing the wodoen shells
  4. moisturising the leather pads (and strap if applicable)
  5. contact cleaning of the cable conenctors
  6. reassembly

Just a thought as we approach the millenium!

I guess I could tomorrow evening after doomsday.  I've already disassembled them once.  You don't need to pull the earpads off though, just remove the earpiece assembly from the yoke and you can clean all the wood and leather.

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends 

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #14,953 of 18,459
Quote:
reallllyyyy you didn't know that was Emma Watson!? haha I must say I'm quite surprised, seeing as she received alot of publicity when she started going to the states for college, although apparently she's dropped out for awhile.  The first few movies were very different from the last few - I find them alright, as I did with the books.  I prefer more epic fantasy.. Harry Potter remains primarily in the children's genre, although admittedly both the books and the movies have taken on a darker, matured edge through the series.  Emma was also plastered across anything Burberry for quite awhile.  It took me 2 secs to realize Iammedium wasn't joking when he asked if the avatar was me or my girlfriend lol.

It's really easy to tell it's her in glamour shots, but here she looks like "Uh, oh...I've been caught eating a booger".

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #14,954 of 18,459

Quote:
reallllyyyy you didn't know that was Emma Watson!? haha 

I have to ask though, why the pic with her biting her nails? There's so many out there that seem to be more flattering:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Emma+Watson&hl=en&prmd=ivnsuol&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3tQjToTvNfTKiAL5z6SpAw&ved=0CGgQsAQ&biw=1684&bih=1090

Users who are viewing this thread

Back