Audio Zenith PMx2 Impressions page
Feb 20, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #122 of 393
Alex, any plans to mod the PM3? I would be keen on this.

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #127 of 393
Just got to try these out at the r/Headphones Boston meet. Compared them to the HifiMan HE1000, Stax SR-007A, Audeze LCD-3 & LCD-X, Sennheiser HD 800 and Ethers. I had them tied for 2nd with the Stax in my rankings, barely behind the HE1000s. They were just so beautiful sounding, with incredible precision and resolve. Trying them on old staples like Hotel California and Tin Pan Alley and new music like 30 Hours by Kanye and Fineshrine by Purity Ring, they were perfect for each type of music. Combined with the best contemporary minimalist design I've seen on a headphone and great comfort, these are my new favorite cans behind the HE1000s by a hair. Photos do not do them justice, as they are so sleek and stunning in person.  The silver ring around the cage on the outside has an iridescent shine, as do a few other pieces on the headband. The materials are sturdy and have a luxurious finish.

Considering price, comfort and lightness, these are the the best headphones by value that I've ever heard and are my new endgame target. Now I just need to sell everything I own to afford a pair.

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #129 of 393
  Just got to try these out at the r/Headphones Boston meet. Compared them to the HifiMan HE1000, Stax SR-007A, Audeze LCD-3 & LCD-X, Sennheiser HD 800 and Ethers. I had them tied for 2nd with the Stax in my rankings, barely behind the HE1000s. They were just so beautiful sounding, with incredible precision and resolve. Trying them on old staples like Hotel California and Tin Pan Alley and new music like 30 Hours by Kanye and Fineshrine by Purity Ring, they were perfect for each type of music. Combined with the best contemporary minimalist design I've seen on a headphone and great comfort, these are my new favorite cans behind the HE1000s by a hair. Photos do not do them justice, as they are so sleek and stunning in person.  The silver ring around the cage on the outside has an iridescent shine, as do a few other pieces on the headband. The materials are sturdy and have a luxurious finish.

Considering price, comfort and lightness, these are the the best headphones by value that I've ever heard and are my new endgame target. Now I just need to sell everything I own to afford a pair.

Glad you liked the PMx2s. I was really curious to see what the other folks at the Boston meet would think of them. I can't recommend them enough, especially over phones like the HD800 and LCD-X... I've also attempted (and failed) to properly photograph the shiny metal spacer (it sort of looks like a sliver of a CD-ROM?). 

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #130 of 393

Glad you liked the PMx2s. I was really curious to see what the other folks at the Boston meet would think of them. I can't recommend them enough, especially over phones like the HD800 and LCD-X... I've also attempted (and failed) to properly photograph the shiny metal spacer (it sort of looks like a sliver of a CD-ROM?). 

Can't thank you enough for introducing me to Audio Zenith and the Maverick DacMagic as well, which is still the best value DAC I've heard. That was my first meet and was a pretty amazing experience. I think about listening to the PMx2s and Hifiman HE1000s every day.

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #131 of 393
  Can't thank you enough for introducing me to Audio Zenith and the Maverick DacMagic as well, which is still the best value DAC I've heard. That was my first meet and was a pretty amazing experience. I think about listening to the PMx2s and Hifiman HE1000s every day.

I had the Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1, although I also highly recommend the Cambridge Audio DacMagic for a USB-powered DAC/amp. :) Hope to see you around at future meets!

Apr 7, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #134 of 393
I just got my Audio Zenith PMx2s. Paired to my Pono via a SurfCable, the sound is stunning! My goal was to put together a mobile reference level system. I knew the Pono was the DAP. After auditioning the usual suspects for cans, I found Nirvana... Thank you Alex!

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #135 of 393
Anyone know what you're suppose to send in when you have your PM-2s upgraded to the PMx2s.  Just the headphones?  Headphone, case, box, cables and new velour pads if you have them?  Alex sent me the mailing address but didn't mention what I need to send in and I'd like to get them sent out today so he has them on Monday.  Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back