CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 2, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #6,542 of 31,833
CM5 came in today.. You gotta love Amazon Prime 2day delivery. SOOTB....WOW!!! I don't even know what Graphene is but whatever it is it is working! This is with no burn in.. Found the right tips, added a bit of among power and Man!! I might just have a new under Fifty Dollar Favorite for a total cost of...wait for it, wait for it...8.99!!! Free 2 day shipping..Clear, Smooth and balanced although the Bass is there without a doubt..not the best at describing sound but I know what I like and 1 hour in I really like these. Glad I bought 2 pair. Don't think I'll be listening to my ZS5v.1 much this week and I really love them as well as ZS6.... No Treble Spike or sibilance on these bad boys just Pure Pleasure so far...my ZSR came today as well but don't think I'll get to them for a few days....8.99.....unbelievable!
What what WHAT!
200.gif

Will wait until I can get it at this absurd price at gearbest cause i'm no f**king blessed ass AMERICAN!!! Now its 20$...and strangely there a small and large version What?

Make like....10 years i'm jealous of amazon.com.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr 9$ is how much it cost me everyday to drink beers. One of the 2 reason why i'm poor....other is directly connect to this forum.

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #6,543 of 31,833
What what WHAT!
200.gif

Will wait until I can get it at this absurd price at gearbest cause i'm no f**king blessed ass AMERICAN!!! Now its 20$...and strangely there a small and large version What?

Make like....10 years i'm jealous of amazon.com.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr 9$ is how much it cost me everyday to drink beers. One of the 2 reason why i'm poor....other is directly connect to this forum.

Yeah, small for ladies and gentlemen with smaller ears. Large for the rest. I got them for roughly 15 bucks then. Got the T8s too which does not really impress me. I guess CM5 brought my expectations up too much.

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #6,544 of 31,833
I’m really really tempted to pull the trigger on the ZhiYin Z5000. Does anyone know if they’re super source dependent; will they sound alright through an iPhone 6s? What cables do you guys use/recommended for them? Also, can someone give me a detailed explanation about their sound signature? I just wanna be sure about buying these, since I’ve been burned by expensive subpar IEMs lately.
Now that I have tested few tips on Z5000 maybe I can share my own experience:

- If u want good isolation, maybe this iem is not for you. The vent at the back of the housing makes it sound like open back iem although maybe not much. But if you close the vent, you lose the bass impact. So a bit tricky. My solution, I close the vent on the left with small sticker and leave vent on the right open. That way I still get the bass plus average isolation, which to me still justifies for everyday commuting coz the SQ is soooo good. And it tame the driver flex too. Thanks to poster who suggested this solution.
- Next, you need to get good seal to get the best out of this iem. I use KZ starline tip, after experimenting with so many tips. Initially I use Sony tips. But KZ can stay better and longer in my ear. In general any tip that can stay in you ear should be ok.
- Sound signature, I'm not very sure how to describe it. If I were to take a guess, I would say balance sound. Sometimes it can bring to the front certain sound that you could only hear at background using other iem... <<--- haha I should leave sound imporession to the expert :D

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #6,545 of 31,833
Now that I have tested few tips on Z5000 maybe I can share my own experience:

- If u want good isolation, maybe this iem is not for you. The vent at the back of the housing makes it sound like open back iem although maybe not much. But if you close the vent, you lose the bass impact. So a bit tricky. My solution, I close the vent on the left with small sticker and leave vent on the right open. That way I still get the bass plus average isolation, which to me still justifies for everyday commuting coz the SQ is soooo good. And it tame the driver flex too. Thanks to poster who suggested this solution.
- Next, you need to get good seal to get the best out of this iem. I use KZ starline tip, after experimenting with so many tips. Initially I use Sony tips. But KZ can stay better and longer in my ear. In general any tip that can stay in you ear should be ok.
- Sound signature, I'm not very sure how to describe it. If I were to take a guess, I would say balance sound. Sometimes it can bring to the front certain sound that you could only hear at background using other iem... <<--- haha I should leave sound imporession to the expert :D

I have to admit that Nymphomaniac is still right in advising conical memory foam tips. They delay a little bass that can be too invasive for some (which I am one). You have to get used to it but the sound is sublime.

I hope that Google has correctly translated my thoughts

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #6,547 of 31,833
how's the mids and treble detail/clarity of the zhiyin Z5000 compared to the Tin audio T2?

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #6,548 of 31,833
Anyone know a good iem for sport? Not looking for bluetooth

MEE made an M6 sport model that wasn't bad sounding and was sub-$20. I think they are still in production - may have graduated to the m7 sport at some point.

Feb 2, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #6,550 of 31,833
Anyone know a good iem for sport? Not looking for bluetooth

Not buying bluetooth IEM for sport just means the cable is going to die now or then. Either that or the sweat will destroy the driver since most of them aren't waterproof. Any reason why you don't want bluetooth?

Feb 2, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #6,552 of 31,833
ADV Model 3. Uses an MMCX Bluetooth module so you get the best of both worlds and can run it both ways.

Of it's the same model, the mmcx bluetooth model they are using can be purchased separately. I got mine from nicehck, they have pretty good battery life, supports aptx, sound better than the "single behind the neck" version. I am using it for my T2
20180202_212011-01.jpeg

Feb 2, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #6,553 of 31,833
Just received KZ EDR2. I wasn't expecting much based on my experience with the first ATE. But, these EDR2 are superb. Amazing balance, but i wasn't expecting that bass presence, very nice. Bass lovers have no reason to be afraid of these. A lovely warm sound. Based on my experiences with ZST, that single driver is indeed a hiddem gem. Now i start to believe the guy that said that EDR2 sound very close to hifiman re-400. When - If - my hifiman arrive, i will be able to tell.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #6,554 of 31,833
I have to admit that Nymphomaniac is still right in advising conical memory foam tips. They delay a little bass that can be too invasive for some (which I am one). You have to get used to it but the sound is sublime.

I hope that Google has correctly translated my thoughts

Nice man, your one of the few to try this new soundsignature, and you describe it right when you say they stop too invasive bass delay-rumble, wich can sure be very fun with some music. Its sure that when you listen some hours to silicone soundsignature you first think with memory the Z5000 sound thin and perhaps congested, but it isnt the case at all, cause if you compare it with other iEM you will still find the soundstage wide and the bass thick and punchy, and memory foam win in thickness and thighness.
I just test it back with a very revealing track for sub, kick and highs and conclusion is without appeal: sub thicker rounder and controled, bass tighter with a more punchy impact, highs are less bright and peaky, soundstage is less airy but less dark too, mid are pump up and clearer.This is a pretty focked up track for test quite too much but if you IEM can deal with it its a GOOD sign!

EDIT: LOL intense morning, this track was playing in youtube and on foobar at same time was like....well, sure is very focked up perhaps too intense but Z5000 handle it well, so complex and detailed how did it do! Was like 1000 sounds poping everywhere at same time LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back