Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 12, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #2,551 of 7,153
Welp. Any suggestions for open back in this price range then?
As of right now the SHP9500s hovers around $50.00, that plus another $10-15 to upgrade the pads. I think, and a lot of people agree, this is the best thing going in this price range. For under $100 it's hard to beat. (there is some debate as to whether replacing pads is necessary or not, I personally wouldn't use them with the stock pads, I'm just not a fan of that sound signature: too airy and light for my tastes)

Nov 12, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #2,552 of 7,153
is it me or are the prices all worse on aliexpress than normal?

Yeah, I didn't buy a single thing. I didn't really see any "blow me away" deals. In fact, most things I verified using the AliPrice plug showed that prices were artificially jacked WAY up even with the 11.11 deals. You could have gotten most of the same stuff but for significantly less around the end of September. I know that's when I'm planning on doing my purchases next year (NOT 11.11)...

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #2,553 of 7,153
Yeah, I didn't buy a single thing. I didn't really see any "blow me away" deals. In fact, most things I verified using the AliPrice plug showed that prices were artificially jacked WAY up even with the 11.11 deals. You could have gotten most of the same stuff but for significantly less around the end of September. I know that's when I'm planning on doing my purchases next year (NOT 11.11)...

Pretty much what I saw. Everything was jacked up more than usual. Thought I saw roughly the same thing happen last year. Glad to know the annual rip off sale was the same as usual. I was planning on picking up a few things, but I don't pay more than normal prices just because it's an aliexpress special day.

Reminds of me this:

images

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #2,554 of 7,153
Pretty much what I saw. Everything was jacked up more than usual. Thought I saw roughly the same thing happen last year. Glad to know the annual rip off sale was the same as usual. I was planning on picking up a few things, but I don't pay more than normal prices just because it's an aliexpress special day.

Reminds of me this:

images

After coupons, what I bought ended up being a decent deal. Saved around 30 on a 110USD IEM I've been curious about since release.

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,555 of 7,153
Yeah, I didn't buy a single thing

I didn't either. Not from the sale anyway. I did treat myself to a set of Edifier H190 buds from Amazon. I know I could have saved a bit with Ali but these arrived this morning 12 hours after ordering. How long would it have been if I had ordered from Ali? 12 weeks? Lol. Anyway, they fit well and sound great. I have always liked my Edifier H850 headphones.

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #2,556 of 7,153
I actually found pretty good discounts on a couple of things and splurged quite a bit.

They're mostly IEM and Cable/Gears.

But I managed to grab a freeboss MDH9000 which is basicly a clone of the ISK MDH9000/Marantz MPH-2 at about 42 USD (pre-coupon application), and under $39 after applying the coupons. Pretty sweet deal considering most variations go for average $50+ even during sales.

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #2,557 of 7,153
I actually found pretty good discounts on a couple of things and splurged quite a bit.

They're mostly IEM and Cable/Gears.

But I managed to grab a freeboss MDH9000 which is basicly a clone of the ISK MDH9000/Marantz MPH-2 at about 42 USD (pre-coupon application), and under $39 after applying the coupons. Pretty sweet deal considering most variations go for average $50+ even during sales.

That's a terrific price on the Freeboss, especially if it has the same stock pads as most of the other clones (not the skinny ones on the Akai version).

Was just listeing to the Marantz MPH-2s the other night. That's a very capable headphone that does almost everything quite well; the sound is way better than the price might suggest.

Nov 12, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #2,558 of 7,153
That's a terrific price on the Freeboss, especially if it has the same stock pads as most of the other clones (not the skinny ones on the Akai version).

Was just listeing to the Marantz MPH-2s the other night. That's a very capable headphone that does almost everything quite well; the sound is way better than the price might suggest.

Comparing the size and threading pattern/color of the provided pictures and reviews, the pads look very much the same as the ones on the ISK (thicker ones).

Yay for me! Cant wait for them to arrive.

Btw my decision to go for the mdh9000 have been heavily influenced by you and 1clearhead. So, thank you!

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #2,559 of 7,153
Comparing the size and threading pattern/color of the provided pictures and reviews, the pads look very much the same as the ones on the ISK (thicker ones).

Yay for me! Cant wait for them to arrive.

Btw my decision to go for the mdh9000 have been heavily influenced by you and 1clearhead. So, thank you!

De nada...I hope you really like these new headphones.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #2,560 of 7,153
Bought only 2 things this time round. A Bosshifi B8 for US$56.50 with shipping and a portable DAC amp based on the ESS ES9028Q2M chip (the same one that runs in the SMSL M8A.) for US$63.50 shipped. Not looking at Balanced output as none of my headphones need that kind of power, nor do I intend to go into that kind of territory.

Now the long wait begins. :)

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #2,561 of 7,153

Reminds of me this:

images

Well, keep in mind that price DOES include cheese LOL

withcheese.jpg

Nov 13, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #2,562 of 7,153
Updated my personal profile with the latest acquisitions and my opinions on them. This includes the Sennheiser HD6XX, and Pioneer HRM 6. I was hoping to add in my opinions on some chi-fi headphones I had on order, but didn't get any in like the bosshifi b6 order that fell through. So, I was hoping to order something for a good price off aliexpress this weekend too for 11/11. Didn't happen. Still waiting on my Hifiman HE4XX to come in though. Hopefully those make it in soon.

So now I'm looking to see what next to pick up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back