Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Nov 14, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #2,566 of 7,153
I have the Hd600 and Fidelio X2, im just wondering if it's worth getting the Sv007. I mainly am looking for an upgrade in terms of clarity and detail retrieval and i'll be using the Elemental Watson to power the cans.
I haven't heard the Senn600 but I have read many reviews on the Senn's and I doubt a sub $100 is what you want to be looking at should you want a detail/clarity. One suggestion would possibly be looking into Planar headphones

Nov 14, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #2,567 of 7,153
I have the Hd600 and Fidelio X2, im just wondering if it's worth getting the Sv007. I mainly am looking for an upgrade in terms of clarity and detail retrieval and i'll be using the Elemental Watson to power the cans.

I assume you've considered the higher end Sennheiser offerings? 650, 700, 800?

I heard them all at Ohio CanJam, and was very impressed. Much better clarity and details than my X2, but I prefer the X2 is more laid back, fun, and musical.

Any mods available for the HD600?

Nov 15, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #2,569 of 7,153
I just got in the Superlux HD 685s.

Very nice cans. Stock pads are meh as typical, but I really like these. Similar sound to the akai m50x I have. I picked them off ebay for $25 so they are about the same price I paid for the Akai's as well. The just aren't as bulky in size and look nicer. Overall very nice headphones.

Nov 15, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #2,570 of 7,153
The HD6XX I have is clear and detailed with slightly elevated mids and mid-treble region. I find the bass lacking personally and the overall sound signature a bit boring. The SIVGA SV007s are clear and detailed with even more forward mids than the HD6XX to the point I find them shouty. The SV007 has more bass than the HD6XX but just a little more. The X2's have much better sound stage than any of them, are more comfortable right out of the box, and a much more balanced sound signature to me. Mids are still better on the HD6XX, but that is the only thing it has going on over the X2 in my opinion.

Nov 16, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #2,572 of 7,153
The ForAll DIZA100 lightweights, aka Liedchen Mark IIIs, are back on sale on Amazon for $11 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWPC7N0

One of the better gaming headsets that are also great for music out there.

The grille makes them look like they're open. Is that the case, or is that a fake grille?

Also, they look so big I'd need a suitcase to carry them around in.

They certainly win the ugly award, that's for sure. I don't care how good they sound - I wouldn't even consider them unless I can remove all of those gold trinkets (like the headband badge and earcup ninja blades). In other words, I'd want to try and "de-M.C. Hammerize" them.

MCHammer.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #2,573 of 7,153
Philips SHP9500.
I prefer it over Sennheser HD600 and Hifiman HE-400/HE-400S.
MAN, why weren't you there when I ask obsessive question about headphones.....welll....I spot the philips SHP but read review that they sound to trebly and harsh, like, with cymbals etc. You have very intense comparaison....wich I find interesting and make me obsess with takstar 82 now....but I will not ask you about Bossfi B8 I ordered, you will depress me I guess! Anyway, if im not happy, I will try modding them or returning them. So takstaer is the best closed headphones under 100$ from your point of view???

EDIT: Goddam! Its too late for the SHP!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-new-unopened-Philips-SHP9500S/253254170985?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Double EDIT: Oh, not sure....if its in CAD here, its like 60usd shipping include. hum.
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826138190

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #2,575 of 7,153
Are the pads detachable b/c I'd buy them just for the pads, $10 is cheap lol

FYI, an Amazon reviewer said the pads are 5" wide (130mm). Assuming that's a reliable measurement, you may want to measure your cans and see if anything can use pads that size (assuming they're removable).

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #2,577 of 7,153
FYI, an Amazon reviewer said the pads are 5" wide (130mm). Assuming that's a reliable measurement, you may want to measure your cans and see if anything can use pads that size (assuming they're removable).
I can check but I feel like they would be awesome on the 400i

Nov 17, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #2,579 of 7,153
MAN, why weren't you there when I ask obsessive question about headphones.....welll....I spot the philips SHP but read review that they sound to trebly and harsh, like, with cymbals etc. You have very intense comparaison....wich I find interesting and make me obsess with takstar 82 now....but I will not ask you about Bossfi B8 I ordered, you will depress me I guess! Anyway, if im not happy, I will try modding them or returning them.
SHP9500 isn't harsh by itself, but if your DAC/Amp is, you'll hear it there.
Its treble isn't as clean as B8/Pro 82/TH900MK2, but it's not really harsh by itself.
For 50$-60$ open headphone, they are great.

B8 is great, it's better for vocals than Pro 82.
Comparison with Bosshifi B8

Pro 82 is better overall, and can be tuned to sound better with vocals if needed:
Tuning Pro 82 with easy mods
Comparison with Fostex TH-900MK2

So takstaer is the best closed headphones under 100$ from your point of view???
Under a 1000$ for sure (IMHO).

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #2,580 of 7,153
SHP9500 isn't harsh by itself, but if your DAC/Amp is, you'll hear it there.
Its treble isn't as clean as B8/Pro 82/TH900MK2, but it's not really harsh by itself.
For 50$-60$ open headphone, they are great.

B8 is great, it's better for vocals than Pro 82.
Comparison with Bosshifi B8

Pro 82 is better overall, and can be tuned to sound better with vocals if needed:
Tuning Pro 82 with easy mods
Comparison with Fostex TH-900MK2

Under a 1000$ for sure (IMHO).

Well, thank you for the enlightment about Pro 82 that I will put on my Buy List.

I'm happy to know the B8 aren't bad, cause you look quite severe wich is very good.

Cheers! And if I can suggest something to you, its to try the DIY DAC-AMP from china, the one without case at absurd price, sometime it sound to good to be true at this loew price! (will test more in the futur!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back