Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones)
Mar 16, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #3,182 of 7,153
Yeah, it is a purchase but you can try it for 30 days, no credit card required, so no problem about forgetting to cancel it
Yeah already did that a few months ago. Didn't notice a difference honestly. Maybe because the games I play lol.

Windows Sonic for headphones is the stock setting. I will try stereo uncompressed tomorrow but IIRC I prefer the Sonic setting, at least with the LyxPro

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #3,183 of 7,153
I'm not sure what you mean, KZ have made headphones before. I've even got a pair somewhere......

Kz lp2 was a very well built v-moda copy. I've never owned v-moda so I don't know how close to v-moda it is but I wouldn't Be surprised if it is 100% identical. It Even had same (identical looking) driver. That driver is quite common. Unfortunately lp2 soundwise was not good enough for me so I gifted those to a friend.

Lp2 cost less than $40 so it wasn't bad value for money. Decent sound, Perfect build quality, hard case and two cables. Unfortunately it is hard to find these days. Propably discontinued.

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #3,184 of 7,153
hey guys need some help/advice..

for people out there who owns isk hf2010 or takstar hi2050 does pleather pads or hybrid velour goes well with it? coz its really disturbs me how the stock velour pads changes the sound, i tried removing the pads, replaced it with some thin socks, and the sound is noticeably better, the driver itself is very capable and it sounded great listening to it with no stock velour pads, but lacks sounstage, sound depth, and it basically hurts, those stock velours alters the sound so much it causes sibilance, recessed midrange and harsh highs.

Mar 23, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #3,185 of 7,153
hey guys need some help/advice..

for people out there who owns isk hf2010 or takstar hi2050 does pleather pads or hybrid velour goes well with it? coz its really disturbs me how the stock velour pads changes the sound, i tried removing the pads, replaced it with some thin socks, and the sound is noticeably better, the driver itself is very capable and it sounded great listening to it with no stock velour pads, but lacks sounstage, sound depth, and it basically hurts, those stock velours alters the sound so much it causes sibilance, recessed midrange and harsh highs.
If pleather pads work for you, you should never need anyone else's opinion to prove you otherwise.

Mar 23, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #3,186 of 7,153
If pleather pads work for you, you should never need anyone else's opinion to prove you otherwise.
I have been having a slightly different problem with my Superlux HD681. The stock pleather pad is not comfortable because it is thin and hard, but sounds better than the two aftermarket pads I have tried on it. The hybrid Senitek cloth/perforated protein leather thinned the sound out way too much, unless I pushed them against my head to about the same distance as the stock pads were. The mids came back, but the bass was still lacking. Next i ordered "Replacement Ear Pads for LyxPro HAS-30" which are all pleather and not perforated. They are also not quite as thick as the Seniteks, although still thicker than the stock pads. The midrange came back a bit and bass came back a bit, but they still don't sound as good as the stock pads.

My advice to you is to try and find a pleather pad of the same shape and thickness as the stock velour pad. That will keep the earphone drivers at the distance they were designed to be, but seal around your ear better.

Be careful, pad rolling is a slippery slope for Chi-Fi phones. I'm about to invest more in pads than what I paid for the Superlux...

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #3,188 of 7,153
I have been having a slightly different problem with my Superlux HD681. The stock pleather pad is not comfortable because it is thin and hard, but sounds better than the two aftermarket pads I have tried on it. The hybrid Senitek cloth/perforated protein leather thinned the sound out way too much, unless I pushed them against my head to about the same distance as the stock pads were. The mids came back, but the bass was still lacking. Next i ordered "Replacement Ear Pads for LyxPro HAS-30" which are all pleather and not perforated. They are also not quite as thick as the Seniteks, although still thicker than the stock pads. The midrange came back a bit and bass came back a bit, but they still don't sound as good as the stock pads.

My advice to you is to try and find a pleather pad of the same shape and thickness as the stock velour pad. That will keep the earphone drivers at the distance they were designed to be, but seal around your ear better.

Be careful, pad rolling is a slippery slope for Chi-Fi phones. I'm about to invest more in pads than what I paid for the Superlux...

welp from what i know the superlux drivers itself is harsh in treble and the pad mods eliminates some of it, the isk is on the opposite, listening to it without pads and slap it straight to my ears it sounded very mellow with plenty of details (eliminated soundstage tho) so im really flabbergasted when this stock pads they come in them totally make them sound like v-shape with sibilance. I really do hope those pleather pads i ordered will fix them.

Mar 24, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #3,191 of 7,153
Hi I'm looking for over ear for my 10y old daughter, mostly for her piano lesson. Budget around usd40. What would suggest value for money...?

For $50 you can get the Meizu HD50. It sounds good, has a removable cable, is ultra comfortable, and is built like a tank because it’s all aluminum. Perfect for kids.

Hoco W2 isn’t bad either. It runs about $15, is plastic but made well, folds up, is comfy, and has a removable cable as well.

Finally, Koss Portapro is $40, is a legendary classic, are extremely lightweight, comfortable, and excellent sound.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #3,193 of 7,153
For $50 you can get the Meizu HP50. It sounds good, has a removable cable, is ultra comfortable, and is built like a tank because it’s all aluminum. Perfect for kids.

Hoco W2 isn’t bad either. It runs about $15, is plastic but made well, folds up, is comfy, and has a removable cable as well.

Finally, Koss Portapro is $40, is a legendary classic, are extremely lightweight, comfortable, and excellent sound.
To quote Google: "Did you mean Meizu HD50?"

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #3,194 of 7,153
To quote Google: "Did you mean Meizu HD50?"

Yeah, thats what's I meant - Meizu HD50.

I have so many headphones and IEMs, it hard to keep all the model numbers straight off the top of my head LOL

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #3,195 of 7,153
Yeah, thats what's I meant - Meizu HD50.

I have so many headphones and IEMs, it hard to keep all the model numbers straight off the top of my head LOL
I feel your pain brother

Users who are viewing this thread

Back