Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 2, 2022 at 6:17 AM Post #6,362 of 7,911
IMG_20221102_174927.jpg

Gaea is able to cover all the essential aspect of any piece of music. Vocals has a surprising perfect balance that suits both male and female vocals. Vocals are well extended while maintaining well bodied. It has a punchy and tactical bass that you can feel the dynamic movement of air, the bass is here when called for to add enough fun to the music. Sparkles are well controlled and mainly lies in the mid frequency to prevent any overly sharpness or fatigue for the highs. It is relatively even in the width, height and depth of stage that allows instrument placement to be even and natural. It is detailed enough for most listening cases, it is leaning towards the forgiving side of things but Gaea does not sacrifice any details and resolution. It has a really fantasy like colouration in the tuning that makes most music genre sounded magical just like fairy tales. Gaea is what you wish for to fulfills a Million Dreams.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #6,364 of 7,911
Hello performance plug!
image.jpg

Niceee, how do you find it over the Versatile Version(TermX Version)

Suyang
IMG_20221102_174927.jpg

Gaea is able to cover all the essential aspect of any piece of music. Vocals has a surprising perfect balance that suits both male and female vocals. Vocals are well extended while maintaining well bodied. It has a punchy and tactical bass that you can feel the dynamic movement of air, the bass is here when called for to add enough fun to the music. Sparkles are well controlled and mainly lies in the mid frequency to prevent any overly sharpness or fatigue for the highs. It is relatively even in the width, height and depth of stage that allows instrument placement to be even and natural. It is detailed enough for most listening cases, it is leaning towards the forgiving side of things but Gaea does not sacrifice any details and resolution. It has a really fantasy like colouration in the tuning that makes most music genre sounded magical just like fairy tales. Gaea is what you wish for to fulfills a Million Dreams.
Thank you Gavin for sharing, glad to hear you enjoy the beauty of sound and the aesthetic :)

By the way, the FP on your set is stunning!

Suyang

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Nov 3, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #6,365 of 7,911
Niceee, how do you find it over the Versatile Version(TermX Version)
While it’s hard to compare due the different flavor from the two cables, reading through my original review and comparing, I think the new plug does add a little something to vocals but I’ll leave that up to others to take as they will.

The Versatile(termX) being on the other cable is really nice and it’s all contained within the same original plug housing so it’s very compact and continues to be my preferred system over the bulkier and longer QD plug systems. Good job to the team!

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #6,366 of 7,911
Now i know the janus isn't the latest cable nor is it still in production but i just want to share my experience with it.

Being the most expensive cable ive ever bought to date (2nd being the lionheart from none other than effect audio) of course i was quite hesitant about it knowing that im going in blind on it and with little to no accessories (excluding the pigtail connectors but would have been a better package if it came with a case) it kinda feels like poor value for money. I bought it with intensions to use with the fourte but sadly what resulted was a rather hazy sound lacking engagement ang upper midrange definition.

To my surprise it paired very shockingly well to my kyrios... It is a very interesting presentation similar to how vinyl's sound like, the bloom... the bloom is awesome it sat right at home with the kyrios' elevated midbass. The pairing sounds very very thick (unlike anything ive heard), rich very very rich, seductive, cozy, cavernous (to the point where it inches close to fourtes spaciousness), incredibly sweet (currently listening to some country which i found to play very well with this presentation) and, need i say more, natural.

I have to give it to effect audio, this, when paired right, is utterly incredible... every other iem sounds thin after this.

Edit: Sorry for my redundant usage of 'very' i couldn't find any other way to express how gigantic it sounds

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #6,367 of 7,911
Now i know the janus isn't the latest cable nor is it still in production but i just want to share my experience with it.

Being the most expensive cable ive ever bought to date (2nd being the lionheart from none other than effect audio) of course i was quite hesitant about it knowing that im going in blind on it and with little to no accessories (excluding the pigtail connectors but would have been a better package if it came with one) it kinda feels like a poor value for money. I bought it with intensions to use it with the fourte but sadly what resulted was a rather hazy sound.

To my surprise it paired very shockingly well to my kyrios... It is a very interesting presentation akin to how vinyls sound like, the bloom... the bloom is awesome it sat right at home with the kyrios' elevated midbass. The pairing sounds very very thick (unlike anything ive heard), rich very very rich, seductive, cozy, cavernous (to the point where it inches close to fourtes spaciousness), incredibly sweet (currently listening to some country which i found to play very well with this presentation) and, need i say less, natural.

I have to give it to effect audio, this, when paired right, is utterly incredible... every other iem sounds thin after this.

Edit: Sorry for my redundation usage of 'very' i couldnt find any other way to express how gigantic it sounds
Nothing is outdated in this hobbie. If it sounds good it works.

Nov 3, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #6,368 of 7,911
Nothing is outdated in this hobbie. If it sounds good it works.
Definitely! Just finished listening to the combo. Have to admit there were lots of times i caught myself forgetting to breath its so intense i love it! Directly went over to the fourtes but they sounded thin. And without any engagement. Very different from when i used them last night. Janus is dangerous!

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #6,369 of 7,911
Hello performance plug!
Looks awesome has it effected the audio sound quality? My cleo 2 has the term X and might go performance on retail version.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #6,371 of 7,911
Does anyone have recommended pairings with the fourte? Id like to preserve its tonality as much as possible and please no multikilo buck options 🥲

Nov 4, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #6,372 of 7,911
Does anyone have recommended pairings with the fourte? Id like to preserve its tonality as much as possible and please no multikilo buck options 🥲

What is wrong with connecting your multikilo Fourte with your multikilo N8? :wink: If you want a decent budget source, you can get something like DX170 that should pair up well with everything, plus do streaming.

Nov 4, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #6,373 of 7,911
What is wrong with connecting your multikilo Fourte with your multikilo N8? :wink: If you want a decent budget source, you can get something like DX170 that should pair up well with everything, plus do streaming.
Oh forgot to specify. I was asking for cable recommendations for the fourte though it is a bit too late right now, i just purchased the cadmus and eros s hope they pair well should be here by next week! Thanks for the rec twister, ill give the dx170 a look 😋

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #6,374 of 7,911
I’m trying out Cadmus now with the SP3000.

E6556165-C712-4788-BDEE-DDC224BC176C.jpeg

Nov 5, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #6,375 of 7,911
Ares-Eros-Cadmus-1.jpg

For those interested, I've just released the above review of Effect Audio's signature line of cables which I purchased one by one over the past few months.

Suffice to say I'm very pleased with their performance and congratulate EA on refreshing their entry-level line with these excellent offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back