Introducing Shanling H2 - Budget Portable DAC/AMP with Built-in Player
Jan 30, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #76 of 124
How do I connect this to the eddict player? I'm on the init firmware, updated app. My up5 and up4s are in there fine. It allows me to control the settings when I connect usb but it doesn't find it in bt. Am I doing something wrong.
On TFCard mode H2 will connect to the Edict Player using Synclink via BT. On BT mode i didnt find any settings on the Edict app. maybe i missed it.

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #77 of 124
Thank you! I'm not finding it still. Should I forget it from Bluetooth side to get it setup?
1000055248.png

Jan 30, 2024 at 8:19 AM Post #79 of 124
Found it! 1000055252.png
Bingo!!
Scan for music and it will scan the SDCard and populate the library. On the now playing screen there is a gear icon which will take you into the H2 settings like volume/ filters/ balance etc.

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #81 of 124
Hi all, I have just received my unit and I did a deep dive for the device here:
Hope it helps to give a better understanding of how the device operates.

Thanks for the deep dive. How does it sound compared to the Sony DAP?

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #82 of 124
Thanks for the deep dive. How does it sound compared to the Sony DAP?
Hi, thank you for watching my video. I am not really an audiophile, and for my ear, Shanling H2 has zero background noise, Sony A105 sometimes still has some background noise especially when using with WiFi ON.

Other than those, not much complaints on Shanling H2, so far I use it most of the time. The only complaint is I hope they can integrate EQ in the future firmware upgrade.

Feb 3, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #83 of 124
just for laughs :)

Hark! Gather 'round, audiophiles and lovers of sonic delights, for I bring you tidings of a curious contraption: the Shanling H2, a digital-to-analog converter, or DAC, for short, that doth promiseeth aural pleasures of the highest order!

Imagine, if you will, a device no larger than a deck of cards, fashioned from aluminum most splendid, that holds within its metallic heart the power to weave tapestries of sound that would put angels to shame. With a twist of its golden knob, one can summon forth the very essence of music, laid bare in all its intricate glory. Violins weep, cellos sigh, and trumpets blare with a clarity that would astonish even the most discerning ear.

But the Shanling H2 is not merely a conduit for sound, nay, it is an alchemist, transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary. Bass notes plumb the depths with the rumble of a foghorn, yet retain a nimbleness that would shame a hummingbird. Treble notes shimmer and sparkle like diamonds cast upon velvet, each detail etched with precision that would leave a master engraver weeping in admiration. And like a cunning rogue, the Shanling H2 offers its magic to all comers, be they audiophiles of refined taste or simple wayfarers with a penchant for a good tune. It connects with a multitude of devices, from the grandest music halls to the humblest smartphones, ensuring that everyone can partake in its sonic sorcery.

But be warned, dear reader, for once you have tasted the forbidden fruit of the Shanling H2, your ears may forever be dissatisfied with lesser sounds. The cacophony of the streets, the screech of trains, the braying of donkeys – all shall sound dull and uninspired compared to the sonic feast the Shanling H2 provides.

So, if you seek an escape from the mundane, a portal to a world of sonic bliss, then harken to my call and seek out the Shanling H2. But be warned, once you have stepped through its digital doorway, there may be no turning back

Feb 3, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #85 of 124

Hark! Gather 'round, audiophiles and lovers of sonic delights, for I bring you tidings of a curious contraption: the Shanling H2, a digital-to-analog converter, or DAC, for short, that doth promiseeth aural pleasures of the highest order!

Imagine, if you will, a device no larger than a deck of cards, fashioned from aluminum most splendid, that holds within its metallic heart the power to weave tapestries of sound that would put angels to shame. With a twist of its golden knob, one can summon forth the very essence of music, laid bare in all its intricate glory. Violins weep, cellos sigh, and trumpets blare with a clarity that would astonish even the most discerning ear.

But the Shanling H2 is not merely a conduit for sound, nay, it is an alchemist, transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary. Bass notes plumb the depths with the rumble of a foghorn, yet retain a nimbleness that would shame a hummingbird. Treble notes shimmer and sparkle like diamonds cast upon velvet, each detail etched with precision that would leave a master engraver weeping in admiration. And like a cunning rogue, the Shanling H2 offers its magic to all comers, be they audiophiles of refined taste or simple wayfarers with a penchant for a good tune. It connects with a multitude of devices, from the grandest music halls to the humblest smartphones, ensuring that everyone can partake in its sonic sorcery.

But be warned, dear reader, for once you have tasted the forbidden fruit of the Shanling H2, your ears may forever be dissatisfied with lesser sounds. The cacophony of the streets, the screech of trains, the braying of donkeys – all shall sound dull and uninspired compared to the sonic feast the Shanling H2 provides.

So, if you seek an escape from the mundane, a portal to a world of sonic bliss, then harken to my call and seek out the Shanling H2. But be warned, once you have stepped through its digital doorway, there may be no turning back
Really enjoy the description 😀 and mirrors my thoughts a marvelous DAC implemented in the H2 what I love about the Shanling H series is we have 3 distinct sound signatures all outstanding I personally own the H5 and H2 but the H7 is calling me.

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #86 of 124
Neutral would be my description of the sound signature. I think I slightly prefer the up5 sound signature but I LOVE the SD card with all of my music. The eddict app doesn't quite stay connected over longer listening periods so going through the library when I want to change albums takes an extra step to connect in the sync link menu again. At the price this is an awesome all around device with a unique niche. I prefer it over a dap because I can easily use it as bt device for my podcasts and stuff without going through menus and all that.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #87 of 124

So you didn't like it!?!! 😂😂😂

Feb 3, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #88 of 124
Hi all! Maybe I've missed the relevant information in the specs, but I have a question for the possibility of a specific use scenario:
I'd like to use the H2 as a stationary SD card player by connecting it to a pair of active speakers through its USB port (with a USB-C to USB-B cable, as the Q Acoustics M20 have the latter as a digital input). Playback control will be from my phone (Edict App). Thus the H2 would act as a 'digital transport', am I correct? I don't even know if the afromentioned cable configuration actually exists, if not, I suppose I could use the usb-c to usb-a adapter to connect a usb-a to usb-b cable.
Any answer is much appreciated!

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #89 of 124
Hi all! Maybe I've missed the relevant information in the specs, but I have a question for the possibility of a specific use scenario:
I'd like to use the H2 as a stationary SD card player by connecting it to a pair of active speakers through its USB port (with a USB-C to USB-B cable, as the Q Acoustics M20 have the latter as a digital input). Playback control will be from my phone (Edict App). Thus the H2 would act as a 'digital transport', am I correct? I don't even know if the afromentioned cable configuration actually exists, if not, I suppose I could use the usb-c to usb-a adapter to connect a usb-a to usb-b cable.
Any answer is much appreciated!
I dont think it does digital out at all

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #90 of 124

Users who are viewing this thread

Back