Music City Meet 2017 --- October 14 --- 10am to ??
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #16 of 74
I am interested in making it up. I'll have to see if I can make the timing work, but I'd certainly love to be there. My current gear for meets:

*Aeon
*hd650
*hd800
*a headphone that has not been announced yet so I'd need permission to bring it

*Mimby/EITR (gumby stays home)

*ampsandsound Kenzie with some nice NOS tubes

Sep 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #17 of 74
I am interested in making it up. I'll have to see if I can make the timing work, but I'd certainly love to be there. My current gear for meets:

*Aeon
*hd650
*hd800
*a headphone that has not been announced yet so I'd need permission to bring it

*Mimby/EITR (gumby stays home)

*ampsandsound Kenzie with some nice NOS tubes
What Nos tubes for the Kenzie? I've got some Tung Sol VT 137's and a Raytheon JAN 5755 with a 5755 to 12SL7 adapter that Justin sent me and I like it over the stock 12SL7 have you tried it ?

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #19 of 74
Not sure I'll be able to make the meet, gents. Pains me as I haven't been to one in a while.

Unrelated, but does anyone local have an HE-560 that they could loan me for a week or so to demo? I'm happy to swap for one of my headphones (HE-500/HD650).

Thanks!

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #20 of 74
I will be bringing some more budget gear...

Headphones
HD600, modified Grado SR60e, Grado SR80 (originals)

Amps
Schiit Magni 2, modified Bravo V2 hybrid

Sources:
Asus netbook with Vector Linux and a T-Music ESS DAC (if my laptop stops being a pain)

Portable
Walnut V2, Zishan Z2 (if it gets in in time), Rockboxed iPod Classic with FiiO Q1, CMoy and/or Walnut F1

Maybe ordering a couple more things so I may have those.

Any Grado fans coming to the meet by any chance? Dying to listen to some of Grado's higher end models.

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #21 of 74
Equipment list:
Woo WA5
Cavalli Liquid Gold
PS Audio Directstream DAC with Bridge II network card
Audeze LCD-4(DHC Prion4 cable)

The Bridge network card requires an Ethernet hookup. Will this be possible? If not I will bring an Auralic Aries Mini streamer.

If space is a consideration, one of the amps can stay home. Let me know which one would you all like to hear the most.

Looking forwar to seeing everybody, Chuck

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #22 of 74
Not sure I'll be able to make the meet, gents. Pains me as I haven't been to one in a while.

Unrelated, but does anyone local have an HE-560 that they could loan me for a week or so to demo? I'm happy to swap for one of my headphones (HE-500/HD650).

Thanks!
Sorry to hear that Eric. We'll miss you.
I don't have the HE-560...

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #23 of 74
Equipment list:
Woo WA5
Cavalli Liquid Gold
PS Audio Directstream DAC with Bridge II network card
Audeze LCD-4(DHC Prion4 cable)

The Bridge network card requires an Ethernet hookup. Will this be possible? If not I will bring an Auralic Aries Mini streamer.

If space is a consideration, one of the amps can stay home. Let me know which one would you all like to hear the most.

Looking forwar to seeing everybody, Chuck

My plan is to keep everything upstairs, upstairs is an open concept dining room, kitchen, living room, with a sunroom attached to it. This should be enough room.
As for LAN connection. Currently i have a router downstairs (with 2 free LAN ports available), there is a POE Access Point upstairs which potentially could have a switch added (assuming the switch has a POE injector), if you have a long LAN cable, we could connect it to the router and bring it upstairs.

(note that upstairs is street level, thus you don't have to climb any stairs)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone also.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #24 of 74
w00t! Another Knoxvillian!

I'll do my best to make it. 7th is Brewer's Jam and I work with my Tennessee Valley Home Brewers club so 14th is definitely better.

I finally got my Gungnir upgraded to multibit, just got it back 9/15, got the Fiio X5iii but it's broke :frowning2: and at Fiio for repair.

Any sign of Brunly?

Headphones
MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1
Shure SE535
Shure SRH1540 (Been thinking of selling)

Sources
Dell Latitude Windows 10/Ubuntu dual boot with JRMC 23
Schiit Gungnir Multibit USB 5
Schiit Bifrost Multibit
Schiit Modi 2 Uber

Amps
Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Asgard 2
Schiit Magni 2 Uber

Portable
Fiio X5iii (if it's back from repair, I hope they fix it, touch screen stopped working.)
iBasso DX90

I'll probably just bring the Gungnir/Mjolnir stack and my portable stuff. Rohan has my Bifrost and if he comes he'll bring his I'm sure, besides have to put the USB 2 board back in it. SWMBO has the Magni/Modi stack and Rohan has Modi Multibit, again if he comes.
I'm looking forward to hear the GMB/Mjolnir2 stack in action. A tube amp option would be a nice addition to my gear collection!

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #26 of 74
I have some great Cachaca from Sao Paulo, if y'all are interested in a Caipirinha.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caipirinha
Dick, I just noticed this on the first post, I never heard of Cachaca, it looks good, i enjoy a good rum. My usual drink is bourbon (manhattan) and beer (belgian styles, imperial stouts, barleywines, old ales, etc).

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #27 of 74
I can bring up some six packs, bombers or crowlers of Huntsville's finest brews depending on people's prefences on beer.

Do we need to bring anything else? Power strips, etc?

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #28 of 74
Dick, I just noticed this on the first post, I never heard of Cachaca, it looks good, i enjoy a good rum. My usual drink is bourbon (manhattan) and beer (belgian styles, imperial stouts, barleywines, old ales, etc).

Oh my, I love caipirinhas they are dangerous! The company that Rohan and I work for has an office in Sou Palo and they sent me a bottle once. Good stuff, hard to find the good Cachaca here, the bicardi stuff smells like shoes.

I'll see about bringing a bottle of an old ale that my home brew club did a group brew on then aged in a rum barrel. It's about 10 to 12 percent.

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #29 of 74
I can bring up some six packs, bombers or crowlers of Huntsville's finest brews depending on people's prefences on beer.

Do we need to bring anything else? Power strips, etc?

Monkeynaut Mmmm tasty!

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #30 of 74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back