Music City Meet 2017 --- October 14 --- 10am to ??
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #31 of 74
Oh my, I love caipirinhas they are dangerous! The company that Rohan and I work for has an office in Sou Palo and they sent me a bottle once. Good stuff, hard to find the good Cachaca here, the bicardi stuff smells like shoes.

I'll see about bringing a bottle of an old ale that my home brew club did a group brew on then aged in a rum barrel. It's about 10 to 12 percent.
The old ale sounds great. About 3 years ago our club made Jack Ass Stout. Imperial stout aged in Jack Daniel barrel, I still have some of it.

Sep 22, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #32 of 74
I can bring up some six packs, bombers or crowlers of Huntsville's finest brews depending on people's prefences on beer.

Do we need to bring anything else? Power strips, etc?
Power strips would be good, I have some, but not enough for everyone. Depending how much equipment is coming, I may need some portable tables.

Sep 22, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #33 of 74
Thanks to Dick or I would have missed this thread. I'll definitely be there.

LCD-4, HD 800S, spirit labs twin pulse Ragnar and a few other headphones.

Amp is something absolutely special.. Angstrom audio Stella headphone amp.

Dac is PSAudio direcstream dac and also a PSAudio p5 power regenerative and source is my sony Wm1z (best source you'll ever hear )

Some sweet cables including the Corona power cables and cool headphone cables as well.

See you guys there!

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #36 of 74
I'll be bringing the rs2e, 225e and Grado dolce and gabana headphone. I also have the Ragnar which is using two Grado drivers per side. I can bring my brand new sealed GH1 and GH2 of anyone is interested. I am planning to keep those for a while and then sell after a few years though. You can't find a brand new GH1 anywhere right now.

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #37 of 74
Oh my, I love caipirinhas they are dangerous! The company that Rohan and I work for has an office in Sou Palo and they sent me a bottle once. Good stuff, hard to find the good Cachaca here, the bicardi stuff smells like shoes.

I'll see about bringing a bottle of an old ale that my home brew club did a group brew on then aged in a rum barrel. It's about 10 to 12 percent.
Yeah, a good caipirinha is all about the quality of cachaca, since all that's in the drink is lime, sugar and booze.
The cachaca I have was gifted by our QA Manager in Brazil. It's very decent and you're right - can't find it in the US.

As for beer, my favorites are stout, porter and hoppy ales. Love craft beers!

Cheers, All.
Dick

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #38 of 74
I will be bringing some more budget gear...

Headphones
HD600, modified Grado SR60e, Grado SR80 (originals)

Amps
Schiit Magni 2, modified Bravo V2 hybrid

Sources:
Asus netbook with Vector Linux and a T-Music ESS DAC (if my laptop stops being a pain)

Portable
Walnut V2, Zishan Z2 (if it gets in in time), Rockboxed iPod Classic with FiiO Q1, CMoy and/or Walnut F1

Maybe ordering a couple more things so I may have those.

Any Grado fans coming to the meet by any chance? Dying to listen to some of Grado's higher end models.

Well, you got your wish!
Check out the list of Grado cans that Dillan is bringing!
Will be cool...I've never heard a Grado in my life.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #39 of 74
I'll be bringing the rs2e, 225e and Grado dolce and gabana headphone. I also have the Ragnar which is using two Grado drivers per side. I can bring my brand new sealed GH1 and GH2 of anyone is interested. I am planning to keep those for a while and then sell after a few years though. You can't find a brand new GH1 anywhere right now.

Are the Dolce and Gabanas basically GS1000?

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #40 of 74
Power strips would be good, I have some, but not enough for everyone. Depending how much equipment is coming, I may need some portable tables.
We will bring a power strip and some cords.
Will look for a table...that may be possible, too.
I will get some name tags and markers.
What else do you need, Tom?

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #41 of 74
Well, I just realized that I missed about six posts.

Just updated the main post with all the gear that @Dillan is bringing!

I was about to ask if you sold the LCD-4...LOL.

This will be a jam fest...lots to learn here!
I feel the need coming for more tables and plenty of power cables and strips. Bring 'em if you can!

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #42 of 74
Trying to talk myself into coming how close is the nearest hotel? With all this alcohol talk don't know if I need be driving afterwards ; )

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #43 of 74
We will bring a power strip and some cords.
Will look for a table...that may be possible, too.
I will get some name tags and markers.
What else do you need, Tom?
Dick, with your help, i don't think i need anything else. I'm glad to see the meet is going to be more than 4 people. I think the only items left needed is food/beverage.

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #44 of 74
Hope you can come. I want to hear about Europe
Trying to talk myself into coming how close is the nearest hotel? With all this alcohol talk don't know if I need be driving afterwards ; )

Sep 25, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #45 of 74
The nearest is < 3 miles away, Retreat at Center Hill Lake. People may stay the night (especially if they drink too much), dark curvy roads are not ideal for impaired driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back