Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 5, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #34,517 of 151,227
IMG_1425.JPG Woodstock

I just received a group of 15 tubes for Coaster amps and hope to match some this weekend once I get some sockets set up. These are the 6418's originally called for on the schematic and bom list.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #34,519 of 151,227
Ragnarok backorder keeps getting pushed back, perhaps a new ragnarok is coming?
My Rag is backordered.
Previously conjectured... no Rag 2. Just parts delay.

Mike

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #34,520 of 151,227
Geez. Come on. Jason is the owner of this thread and he's never complained. Even Jude jumped into this thread and bantered a bit about Rockumentaries, so the BMOC at Head-Fi seems to have no issues with the tone, tenor, and content of this thread. It's a FORUM and part of a FORUM is the SOCIAL aspect. Otherwise, it would be Wikipedia, for Pete's sake.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #34,521 of 151,227
It's Constanza...named for Herr Mozart's wife.
Welcome to the thread.
Thanks. I’ve been periodically posting and mostly lurking. Looking forward to contributing more..

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #34,522 of 151,227
Yeah I generally leave it up to Moderators or Jason but sometimes people self appoint themselves and start telling others what they should do.

Anyway those of you who might be ordering Coaster amps may run into some parts difficulties at Mouser. I ended up using four sources for my next couple builds just to have enough parts. Amazon even carries some of the components.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #34,523 of 151,227
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #34,524 of 151,227
Yeah I am really looking forward to tomorrow. sarc.

It was a multilayer chip cap that I was searching all over for today for the Coaster. Every vendor I tried had zero, some 36 weeks out unless I wanted a reel of 2,000. I may put in a large order tomorrow to grab other parts that could be affected as well.

But in some good news AeroVironment is working with NASA's jet propulsion laboratory to build a helicopter drone to fly on Mars. (I invest heavily in this company so it is great news for me anyway.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #34,525 of 151,227
At least they aren't treating the thread as a personal blog....and they aren't posting cat pics!
Who would be that tasteless as to do such a thing.....?

giphy.gif

Ragnarok backorder keeps getting pushed back, perhaps a new ragnarok is coming?

Personally, ragnarok should be delayed a s long as possible..................!!!!!!

207122.gif

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #34,526 of 151,227
Yeah I generally leave it up to Moderators or Jason but sometimes people self appoint themselves and start telling others what they should do.

Anyway those of you who might be ordering Coaster amps may run into some parts difficulties at Mouser. I ended up using four sources for my next couple builds just to have enough parts. Amazon even carries some of the components.

Well, if'n you'd quit buying up all the Mouser parts, there'd be enough to go around! :ksc75smile:

Seriously, though, I typically use Newark, Mouser, and Digi-Key...maybe Grainger (for some stuff, and also Parts Express). Finally ending up at ebay. Ebay has saved our bacon more than once. Obscure, obsolete parts are the worse, man. :poop:

(On-topic reference follows.)

Currently listening to my today-delivered HE4XX 'phones via my Schiit Pile:

20180623_163411.jpg

:metal: :metal:

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #34,527 of 151,227
giphy.webp

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #34,529 of 151,227
Well, if'n you'd quit buying up all the Mouser parts, there'd be enough to go around! :ksc75smile:

Seriously, though, I typically use Newark, Mouser, and Digi-Key...maybe Grainger (for some stuff, and also Parts Express). Finally ending up at ebay. Ebay has saved our bacon more than once. Obscure, obsolete parts are the worse, man. :poop:

That is one big pile of Schitt...

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #34,530 of 151,227

Nice stack-o-Schiit!! (I really need to straighten up my home work desk.)

OK. I'm not a cat person, but this is just way too cool!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back