Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Aug 19, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #13,337 of 23,494
Selling my backup pair of Siemens CCa Grey shields. See my signature below if interested...
PM me.

*** S O L D ***

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #13,340 of 23,494
I've been using telefunken e88cc/6922 in my lyr 2 for a little while

I bought mullard cv4109 and these Siemens CCa from you
Im set on tubes for a loooooooong time....I hope

I have a question about not using matched pairs....why is it made out to be a big deal?
these Siemens CCa I bought from you are different years and off a little bit on their tests.....that isn't a big deal right

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #13,341 of 23,494

I have a question about not using matched pairs....why is it made out to be a big deal?
these Siemens CCa I bought from you are different years and off a little bit on their tests.....that isn't a big deal right

Everybody will probably have a different opinion on this. You certainly want the same construction. You wouldn't want to get a Siemens early 60's grey shield and pair it up with a 70's A-Frame.
But everybody's different. My #1 pair of tubes for a long time were a 'mis-matched' pair of '63 and '66 Philips Miniwatt E188CC's. I always just go by how they sound to me...because that's all that
really matters isn't it. Others may see it differently. I'd just listen like we discussed. They sound perfect...and totally in balance. If you have any trouble just PM me. No cause for alarm.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #13,342 of 23,494

Grey shield Siemens CCa are the same A0 revision code. Got a pair of 1963 and a 1965 pair. They are very similar sounding. Both pairs are A0.

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #13,343 of 23,494
CCA's? Those are so...last week. :D

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #13,346 of 23,494
Found another 5670 to 6922 adapter on Aliexpress:

Link

More expensive, but also a little more sexy if you're into that kind of thing. Also, make sure you read the specs; the pictures with the adapters sitting upright are stretched, scroll further down for the specs/better idea of the dimensions (more accurate pics of the adapters lying on their sides). Also can choose from ceramic, bakelite, and a fatter ceramic. No idea what the pros/cons would be.

*Edit - just read that ceramics are better insulators for sockets and can take more wear and tear than phenolics, so apparently ceramic is the way to go!

Another Ebay option here.

Also, just bought a pair of WE JW 2c51's :) kinda slim pickings on Ebay, so had to pay a bit more than I would have liked. Date codes 239 and 339. Pumped!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #13,347 of 23,494
The metal adapters are nice, I like the added weight, I use them for the amps/tubes that aren't being rolled. But for the tubes that are being moved about, the added weight becomes a nuisance, I leave the adapters on the tubes.
In a couple or few dozen adapters and socket savers, all the failures have been loss of continuity between socket and pin, so most likely a solder joint. And the failures have been with all types, metal, Bakelite, and the expensive vibration dampened types.
Most importantly, I haven't noticed any difference in sound with the various types.
But I did start out using the most expensive and best looking, and a couple of those failed anyway... : )

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #13,348 of 23,494
Found another 5670 to 6922 adapter on Aliexpress:

Link

More expensive, but also a little more sexy if you're into that kind of thing. Also, make sure you read the specs; the pictures with the adapters sitting upright are stretched, scroll further down for the specs/better idea of the dimensions (more accurate pics of the adapters lying on their sides). Also can choose from ceramic, bakelite, and a fatter ceramic. No idea what the pros/cons would be.

*Edit - just read that ceramics are better insulators for sockets and can take more wear and tear than phenolics, so apparently ceramic is the way to go!

Another Ebay option here.

Also, just bought a pair of WE JW 2c51's :) kinda slim pickings on Ebay, so had to pay a bit more than I would have liked. Date codes 239 and 339. Pumped!

Had those tubes in my watch list, let us know how they sound.

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #13,349 of 23,494
Had those tubes in my watch list, let us know how they sound.

Will do. Since I am new to tube rolling, and my ears are ignorant to both the 6922 and 5670 variants, I plan to do an unbiased comparison between the two when I have them all available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back