The Official 2017 SF Head-Fi Meet - August 19 - DoubleTree SFO
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #151 of 212
Hi, I'm an amateur with audio and was wondering if this would be a good opportunity for me to decide on what headphone i like best.
I only have shp9500 and always wanted to try k7xx, hd6xx and many other headphones. I've always been debating on if a dedicated amp and high end headphones are worth purchasing. I'm also awkward and not sure if ill fit in to this kind of event.

Aug 13, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #152 of 212
Hi, I'm an amateur with audio and was wondering if this would be a good opportunity for me to decide on what headphone i like best.
I only have shp9500 and always wanted to try k7xx, hd6xx and many other headphones. I've always been debating on if a dedicated amp and high end headphones are worth purchasing. I'm also awkward and not sure if ill fit in to this kind of event.

This will be the perfect event for you! You will find equipment at all price levels and everyone is very happy to educate and help with all things audio. Yes, there will be stuff here that costs as much as a car, but the cool thing is that the vendors all want you to try and they take a great deal of pride in explaining everything with no pressure to buy. If you tell them your honest opinion, that's all it takes! You can also score some great deals from other Headfi members selling their stuff.

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #153 of 212

Go! Absolutley! Everyone of us had their first meet experience where we thought we were hopeless amateurs amoung the pro's. Instead, everyone was helpful and friendly, even the most sophisticated DIY builders. So again, Go! You won't regret it.

Aug 14, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #154 of 212

Yes, I'm sure you will really enjoy this event! Head-Fi Meets (as well as the larger CanJam Global events) are the best way to experience a huge assortment of headphone audio products in all price ranges, all under one roof. These events are very friendly, have a strong community atmosphere, and it's a lot of fun to be in a place with like minded people that are interested in headphone audio and music listening. Feel free to bring your own headphones and selection of music on a usb stick or sd card if you like, or just come and enjoy the products and music on hand at the exhibitor tables. Hope to see you on Saturday!

Aug 14, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #155 of 212
Only 5 days away!

I'll be at the DoubleTree SFO early afternoon on Friday (I'll start driving from SoCal around 5am) - if anyone would like to meet up around that time, let me know. If there's something in my profile you'd like me to bring for audition, let me know as well.

IMG_2668.GIF

Aug 14, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #156 of 212
You know whats more awkward? Sitting alone at home regretting not going. So go get a ticket if you havent already and get out of your comfort zone to have some fun

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #157 of 212
Hey Everyone,
Century Stereo will have a booth at the show and we will be bringing some awesome gear! Our tables will be right next to Focal and Questyle.
To make this show really great, here is what we are bringing to use for demo: We will also be stocked with product for sale, but most importantly we have some exclusive offers found at the bottom of this post. (Don’t forget to bring your trade-ins, no ear buds)

Portables:
-Astell & Kern SP1000
-Astell & Kern AK380
-Astell & Kern Kann
-Sony NW-WM1Z

Amplification:
-Sony TA-ZH1ES

Headphones:
-Focal Utopias (“World’s Best Headphones”)
-Focal Elears
-Sennheiser HD-800S
-Sony MDR-Z1R
-McIntosh MHP-1000
-Sennheiser PXC 550
-Sennheiser RS 185
-Sennheiser RS 195

Cables:
-Moon Audio Silver Dragon
-Moon Audio Black Dragon 10'

EXCLUSIVE OFFERS BELOW

wEAjTP.png

SEE BELLOW FOR OFFER DETAILS

6ZHB23.png

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #160 of 212

If people that feel awkward won't show up to those meets - there will be nobody there! :wink:
As others have commented - atmosphere is really friendly, and people are great. That community rocks. Pun intended...

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #161 of 212
Hey Everyone,
Century Stereo will have a booth at the show and we will be bringing some awesome gear! Our tables will be right next to Focal and Questyle.
To make this show really great, here is what we are bringing to use for demo: We will also be stocked with product for sale, but most importantly we have some exclusive offers found at the bottom of this post. (Don’t forget to bring your trade-ins, no ear buds)

Portables:
-Astell & Kern SP1000
-Astell & Kern AK380
-Astell & Kern Kann
-Sony NW-WM1Z

Amplification:
-Sony TA-ZH1ES

Headphones:
-Focal Utopias (“World’s Best Headphones”)
-Focal Elears
-Sennheiser HD-800S
-Sony MDR-Z1R
-McIntosh MHP-1000
-Sennheiser PXC 550
-Sennheiser RS 185
-Sennheiser RS 195

Cables:
-Moon Audio Silver Dragon
-Moon Audio Black Dragon 10'

EXCLUSIVE OFFERS BELOW

wEAjTP.png

SEE BELLOW FOR OFFER DETAILS

6ZHB23.png
Just curious; what if a person brought pretty expensive earbuds such as the $358 VE Zen 2.0 Black Edition or the thousands of dollars iDiamond earbuds, shown here (don't worry, you won't get rickrolled) for the Limited Special Offer?

Aug 15, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #162 of 212
Well folks...
Looks like I'll be seeing you on Saturday.

Ticket has been purchased.

:smile_phones:

Aug 15, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #163 of 212
Well folks...
Looks like I'll be seeing you on Saturday.

Ticket has been purchased.

:smile_phones:
Oh snap! Will I be able to see your snazzy Omega again?

Rolex-Omega-Beautiful.gif

Aug 15, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #164 of 212
Finally - ticket bought!!
See you all soon :)

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #165 of 212
Just curious; what if a person brought pretty expensive earbuds such as the $358 VE Zen 2.0 Black Edition or the thousands of dollars iDiamond earbuds, shown here (don't worry, you won't get rickrolled) for the Limited Special Offer?

Our guidance from Focal was that they only want headphones. It is not an "upto $1000 off" type of offer, so bring in whatever headphones you want and you'll receive the full $1000 off. If you have been contemplating the Elears or the Utopias, this is your opportunity to get them at a heavily discounted rate. We will have limited stock of each on hand but we will be offering the same pricing for orders placed at the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back