The Official 2017 SF Head-Fi Meet - August 19 - DoubleTree SFO
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #77 of 212
Definitely want Hifiman to be there so I can try the Susvara at least

Jul 7, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #78 of 212
Also having Cavalli would be good too, with their newer offerings.

Jul 7, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #80 of 212
Will any Campfire gear be there? Always wanted to try but to expensive for my tastes.

The Susvara? Wow. Can't wait to hear that

Jul 7, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #81 of 212
Will any Campfire gear be there? Always wanted to try but to expensive for my tastes.

The Susvara? Wow. Can't wait to hear that
If Campfire Audio doesn't exhibit at Burlingame, I'll bring the Andromeda for you to listen to, if you'd like.

Jul 7, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #82 of 212
If Campfire Audio doesn't exhibit at Burlingame, I'll bring the Andromeda for you to listen to, if you'd like.

Awesome man, I live about 10-15min away in South San Francisco so the drive is perfect for me

Jul 7, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #83 of 212
Awesome man, I live about 10-15min away in South San Francisco so the drive is perfect for me
About a 7 hour drive for me, but who's counting? Haha :grinning:

Looking forward to seeing you there! :right_facing_fist: (imagine a brown-skinned fistbump)

Jul 7, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #84 of 212
About a 7 hour drive for me, but who's counting? Haha :grinning:

Looking forward to seeing you there! :right_facing_fist: (imagine a brown-skinned fistbump)

Definitely!

Ive never been to a meet, is it customary to bring ear tips for myself?

Jul 7, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #85 of 212
Definitely!

Ive never been to a meet, is it customary to bring ear tips for myself?
Usually exhibitors will bring tips for you to use, but it would be great for you to bring some favorite tips of your own since you'll be more familiar with those. Some IEMs will require you to tip roll, so having as many types of tips as possible may be most optimal to have the best shot for the most comfortable and isolated fit and seal, if you don't have custom sleeves or custom tips with you.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #86 of 212
Seek me out then! I'll probably be the only 6' , 300 lb, bearded white guy...
6', 275lb bearded white guy here haha not a big metal fan though. Mainly due to lack of exposure. Need to listen to more lol

Usually exhibitors will bring tips for you to use, but it would be great for you to bring some favorite tips of your own since you'll be more familiar with those. Some IEMs will require you to tip roll, so having as many types of tips as possible may be most optimal to have the best shot for the most comfortable and isolated fit and seal, if you don't have custom sleeves or custom tips with you.

Yes, I got more tips than I need of course. Will have my Opus#1 on me and most likely AKG N40. IDK if I want to lug around my Monolith M560

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #87 of 212
6', 275lb bearded white guy here haha not a big metal fan though. Mainly due to lack of exposure. Need to listen to more lol

Yes, I got more tips than I need of course. Will have my Opus#1 on me and most likely AKG N40. IDK if I want to lug around my Monolith M560
I was actually going to reply to @vipervick: "You'd be surprised..." hehe

I never want to assume - glad that you've got the tips you need. Good to bring them if they are comfortable enough for you.

If you don't mind bringing a backpack with you, the M560 shouldn't be too bad/worrisome/cumbersome to lug with you (comparatively, I've lugged a lot of gear with me to events/meets in the past, so this is an opposite/different point of view).

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #88 of 212
Just purchased the ticket online. Will go! First time meetup yeah.

Jul 10, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #90 of 212

Plenty of people bring their gear along with bags, satchel, or backpacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back